Author Topic: Hasek injured in Olympic opener  (Read 36111 times)

Offline Sens#20

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
Re: Hasek injured in Olympic opener
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2006, 06:10:59 PM »
thanks man. im gonna go throw up now.

No problem... throw up? :icon_questionable:

Offline Quetzal

• NHL Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2006, 06:11:45 PM »
:roll:

According to the US/Latvia Intermission report, a Czech Republic team official says its in fact a groin Injury and not a hamstring as earlier reported.

in the article above (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/torino/hockey/2006-02-15-goalie-hasek-hurt_x.htm)
Hasek said
""It's not my groin — that's all I can say," said Hasek, who didn't want to say he was officially out of the tournament."

So either he was trying to mislead the media NHL-style or he doesn't know where his groin is  :A_laughing_matter:

Offline Sens#20

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2006, 06:13:53 PM »

in the article above (http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics/torino/hockey/2006-02-15-goalie-hasek-hurt_x.htm)
Hasek said
""It's not my groin — that's all I can say," said Hasek, who didn't want to say he was officially out of the tournament."

So either he was trying to mislead the media NHL-style or he doesn't know where his groin is :A_laughing_matter:

Ok so which is it? His hamstring or whatever... or his groin? :icon_questionable:

Offline D1GGY

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • This is the turning point of the season right here
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2006, 06:15:40 PM »
No kidding what is it this can be bad if it a groin injury and he hiding it. We need u DOM.

Offline Quetzal

• NHL Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2006, 06:16:31 PM »
Did he have the right to go to the Olympics? Sure. But he didn't have to. He's already won his country a gold medal. He's proved himself there.

Why do the Canadians bother to show up? Havent they won enough gold medals already?  :A_laughing_matter:

Offline rush__man

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2006, 06:18:26 PM »
No problem... throw up? :icon_questionable:

ya its an expression. this injury is sick. like the worst thing that could have happened. sens luck. when it gets good let me know.

Offline Sens#20

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2006, 06:20:02 PM »
ya its an expression. this injury is sick. like the worst thing that could have happened. sens luck. when it gets good let me know.

Haha ok... sorry when I'm tired my mind doesn't seem to work to its full potential... which isn't that great anyways... :laugh2:

Offline puckloo39

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2006, 06:21:01 PM »
Why do the Canadians bother to show up? Havent they won enough gold medals already?  :A_laughing_matter:

I said that earlier. I think it's different somehow to some folks.   ;)
Dominik is my #1 Star, every game!!

Offline Quetzal

• NHL Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2006, 06:21:18 PM »
Stop being reasonable, Q! It won't work around here!!! :A_laughing_matter:

Just a momentary lapse, Puck, you should see me at a game.  :mrgreen:

Offline puckloo39

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2006, 06:23:08 PM »
Just a momentary lapse, Puck, you should see me at a game.  :mrgreen:

I understand, Q.  I can be totally unreasonable at times.  Watch and see!!  But not today, I am making complete sense.   :suspicious:

Offline LostInTranslation

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2006, 06:24:54 PM »
Why do the Canadians bother to show up? Havent they won enough gold medals already? :A_laughing_matter:

All I was saying is that he has nothing to prove. And it wouldn't have been an awful thing if he had simply declined. Please stop comparing a 41 year old injury prone goaltender who came back to hockey to win a Stanley Cup... to the entire Canadian Olympic team. Okay? Thanks.
The chief export of Chuck Norris is pain.

Offline Sens#20

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 15, 2006, 06:26:50 PM »
All I was saying is that he has nothing to prove. And it wouldn't have been an awful thing if he had simply declined. Please stop comparing a 41 year old injury prone goaltender who came back to hockey to win a Stanley Cup... to the entire Canadian Olympic team. Okay? Thanks.

Whoever compared him to the entire canadian olympic team? :icon_questionable:

Offline SensRockMyWorld

• NHL Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2006, 06:28:10 PM »
Somebody else would have picked up the story if it was indeed his groin that was injured. Everybody else is saying it's to his left hamstring. And if this is indeed a true report that was aired during the US/Latvia game intermission, we would have further details of it by now.

So until I hear otherwise from everybody else, I'm gonna choose to not believe this report.  :smily1263:
GO SENS GO

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2006, 06:29:06 PM »
Whoever compared him to the entire canadian olympic team? :icon_questionable:

Read the thread?

I mentioned that Hasek had already won a medal for his country. He'd done his duty. So it wasn't absolutely necessary for him to go over there again when he came to hockey to win the Cup. Somehow, people think that Canada shouldn't compete because of that same logic.

Offline Sens#20

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2006, 06:29:45 PM »
Somebody else would have picked up the story if it was indeed his groin that was injured. Everybody else is saying it's to his left hamstring. And if this is indeed a true report that was aired during the US/Latvia game intermission, we would have further details of it by now.

So until I hear otherwise from everybody else, I'm gonna choose to not believe this report. :smily1263:

Probably a smart move...Unless heard otherwise!

Offline Quetzal

• NHL Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2006, 06:39:28 PM »
Read the thread?

I mentioned that Hasek had already won a medal for his country. He'd done his duty. So it wasn't absolutely necessary for him to go over there again when he came to hockey to win the Cup. Somehow, people think that Canada shouldn't compete because of that same logic.

Lost, let me rephrase it then:

Why do the the 38-40 year-old Canadian players bother to show up? Havent they won it all already? Like Sakik, Pronger now, ... Lemieux in 1994?
However, enough of this I suggest. I see your point. I was just surprised at the wave of negative reactions, saying things like "what is he doing, it's Ottawa that pays him big bucks, and so on and so long ..."

Offline puckloo39

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 15, 2006, 06:40:28 PM »

Every player on every team is valuable to their team.  Supposedly, Hasek is no more valuable than Redden or Heatley or any of the other athletes on this team, even though some think (know?) that he is.  Dom was/is doing better than fine this season, age is not a factor... and again, every player is "injury prone" -- all it takes is one slip up.  I guess Havlat is "injury prone in that case. 

Let's stop indicting Hasek for being irresponsible to the Senators, please.  Any of the Sens' players could suffer a similar fate this week and get knocked out for the rest of the season, at any moment.  I will be interested to see the reaction to their injuries, if that happens, heaven forbid.

I think the issue here is blaming Hasek for wanting to do what every other player on the Olympic rosters is doing -- trying to represent their country on the world stage.  The Olympics are special, only get to do this every four years.  Good for Dom for going, to try and be there for the Czechs.  His national pride is no different or less important than that of any other player, on any other team.

I am being as reasonable as I know how to be, see, Q?   ;)

Offline SensGuy

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • A-Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 15, 2006, 06:42:41 PM »
Even if Hasek is fine, I think Muckler might look into getting a backup.  I'd support getting Toskala or Roloson.
For me, if it takes the end of the world to save the world, then so be it.
- Jeff Ament

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2006, 06:43:06 PM »
I'm sorry. I should've known that if I wasn't kissing Hasek's ass, I was being unreasonable.  :laugh2: My mistake.

Offline puckloo39

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 15, 2006, 06:44:44 PM »
I'm sorry. I should've known that if I wasn't kissing Hasek's ass, I was being unreasonable.  :laugh2: My mistake.

Hey, I love the guy, and even I wouldn't go that far, LIT.   :mrgreen: