Author Topic: Hello Sens Fans!  (Read 4493 times)

Offline armchaircoach

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Got Wine?
    • View Profile
Re: Hello Sens Fans!
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2006, 07:52:05 PM »
I'm Looking for a little icon of a guy holding up a cup with the sabres symbol on it but im not finding one. And you call this a message board pff:-P
I'll have to deal with using the  :GO_SENS_GO2: :kidding:  to get my point accross:-P

good one :laugh2: Dont mind the bouncer at the door, random has a small penis and attempts to pick fights to hide his short comings... Lets GO Buffalo! :kidding:
 :mrgreen:
Wine is Life......the rest is just details

Offline NJSabresfan

• Draft Pick
  • Lets tear it up!!!! GO SABRES!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2006, 09:54:07 PM »
Well it has been a few years since i was able to be happy about the Sabres making the playoffs and now the second round!!! I am hoping for an awesome series and chatting and a bit of smack talk with you guys!!! Congrats on both of our Great seasons and hope both teams give us a series to be proud of!!! GO SABRES!!!!! :wantafight:

Offline Gidos

• NHL Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2006, 10:13:52 PM »
Well it has been a few years since i was able to be happy about the Sabres making the playoffs and now the second round!!! I am hoping for an awesome series and chatting and a bit of smack talk with you guys!!! Congrats on both of our Great seasons and hope both teams give us a series to be proud of!!! GO SABRES!!!!! :wantafight:
:icon_agree: Except  I would change your "GO SABRES"  to   :GO_SENS_GO:
 We're looking forward to some great hockey.  Let the battle begin this Friday in Ottawa.
When you argue with a fool... chances are he is doing the same.

Offline Senscore

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Sad Snake
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2006, 11:45:02 PM »
Oh hell. They're coming out of the woodwork now.

I'm going to have to watch what I say around here for a while.

Offline JustLearning

• Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
    • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2006, 11:45:56 PM »
I'm Looking for a little icon of a guy holding up a cup with the sabres symbol on it but im not finding one. And you call this a message board pff:-P
I'll have to deal with using the  :GO_SENS_GO2: :kidding:  to get my point accross:-P
Never thought of that :laugh2:

I'm really going to miss you A-Train  :byebye:

Offline topshelfcookies

• Draft Pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2006, 01:49:21 AM »
Hello Ottawa!

This looks like a great board to spend a couple weeks talking hockey.  I'm looking forward to a great series, and absolutely can't wait to drop the puck Friday night. 

If anyone is interested in checking out the series from a more Buffalo-based perspective, the best message board is http://www.sabresreport.com/forums/
Come over and check it out!

After suffering through Philadelphia, this is quite a pleasure being able to find a place where people talk intelligently about hockey...with a little smack tossed in.  Here's to a great series!

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2006, 02:12:28 AM »
Oh hell. They're coming out of the woodwork now.

I'm going to have to watch what I say around here for a while.

:)  I was thinking the same thing just as I got to your post......not only out of the woodwork but through the cracks under the door!   ;)

It's like a dance when you were in grade seven....everyone hanging around, checking each other out, commenting on the current surroundings and mentioning the last dance you went to and how boorish some of the people 'there' were; sizing everyone up, checking out their style, their names and wondering if you can really get along and just how long this relationship will be?  Quick and dirty or long and satisfying?  Hmmmmm.....time will tell!  :icon_whoknows:

Welcome to all our "Noobs"!!  Hope you enjoy our 'happy little home'!  Should be a great 'dance'!!   :banana:   :devilbanana:   :celery:

:GO_SENS_GO2:
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline Lawnboy

• NHL Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2006, 10:55:54 AM »
 I have a lot of respect for Sabres fans. I love your announcer for empire (forget his name, sorry) anyway he rules man. Go Sens Go

Offline sensrbest

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2006, 12:19:23 PM »
We only beat Buffalo by 3 points and they had a bad start. We had a bad middle of the season. We recovered.

So point wise, almost no difference. You beat us 6 -2, we beat you 10 - 4, both came when the other team was weak.

I give us the edge in forwards and defense, Miller gets the edge in net.

Balance across rosters is equal, maybe the edge goes to Buffalo on that.

But I like our chances over all. It's our turn to beat you guys in the playoffs, but that means zip.

We shall see in a little while.

And you Buffalo fans have been just great.

:GO_SENS_GO2:

Offline BuffHockey

• Draft Pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2006, 02:49:37 PM »
Very much looking forward to this series. As you can see I'm a Sabres fan, but also an admirer of the team J. Muckler has assembled. Western New York is buzzing with hockey fever, and this should be one of the most entertianing hockey match-ups in some time.

I think the Sabres are confident they can play with your Sens, but it will be important to break serve early. If they can do that anything can happen in this series. Good Luck. I can't wait.

Offline sabresgrl06

• Draft Pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2006, 03:04:46 PM »
Our announcer's name is Rick Jenerette.  He makes some fanatastic calls and is very entertaining.  The color commentator is Jim Lorenz btw...

Offline LostInTranslation

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2006, 05:07:44 PM »
Holy Sabres fans taking over.  :laugh2:
The chief export of Chuck Norris is pain.

Offline Quetzal

• NHL Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2006, 05:49:12 PM »
make it more clear next time please

We badly need a smiley for sarcasm.  :suspicious:

Offline Sensfanwest

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2006, 06:13:14 PM »
Holy Sabres fans taking over. :laugh2:

i was just thinking that and was about to post it...i can only imagine what it would have been like had the habs advanced...

Offline SCRAMBLLLLLLE...

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2006, 09:33:28 PM »
i was just thinking that and was about to post it...i can only imagine what it would have been like had the habs advanced...

There's a French-speaking section for them.  :mrgreen:

Offline CD_triple_bc

• NHL Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2006, 01:36:48 PM »
its a good thing all these sabres fans are joining the board now, saves time later when they want to start cheering for the sens after 6 games are done.  :smily1263:
Spezza to Heatley... SCORES!!

Offline revupthered

• Draft Pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2006, 03:48:07 PM »
Wow, this is strange. I've been posting on the flyer boards the last week or so and im not used to fans being respectful and sporting. It's gonna be tough to get used to. :icon_questionable: Sabres fans have always had respect for the sens, seeing them almost like a twin brother from the north. I've always liked em cuz theyre not a dirty team and theyre fast. Now with the scoring and the goaltending the sens have obviously become a force in this new NHL. Us sabre fans were hoping to play you guys in the conferance finals but hey, we gotta play you at some point along the road; ) I honestly see this as a back and forth series going at LEAST 6 games, more likely 7. In the beginning of the season the sabres were still under the radar and when they finally played your sens i think they were a lil nervous to be honest. The end of the year matchups are going to be a lot more telling of how things are going to go. Much closer games. This series will be too close to predict, at least until after the first game. Good luck to your guys, but more luck to my sabres; )
SEVEN games=ya right!!!! ive got tickets to game 5 and thats when they finish the sabres!
Cancel
Bob
Cole

Offline Random Ryan

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Together We Stand, Never We Fall
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2006, 04:47:39 PM »
SEVEN games=ya right!!!! ive got tickets to game 5 and thats when they finish the sabres!
I like this guy

Offline screecwe

• Bingo Sen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2006, 04:57:46 PM »

If you think it'll be over in 5 you're sadly mistaken. I think most fans here on both sides will agree.

Offline oldcollegekid

• Draft Pick
  • Sens-able
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2006, 09:09:54 PM »
If you think it'll be over in 5 you're sadly mistaken. I think most fans here on both sides will agree.

No question.  If the series ends in 5 games, Buffalo goes to the next round.

Empire sports network is defunct btw.  Miss it even though it was bias.