Author Topic: The Official Team 1200 thread [3 merged]  (Read 18688 times)

Offline Special J

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Re: The Official Team 1200 thread [3 merged]
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2012, 09:30:52 AM »
Soon, very soon...

"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." - Homer Simpson

Offline Rickman

• Future Hall of Famer
  • True Sens Fan (not one of those bandwagon jumpers)
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2012, 12:16:54 PM »
I remember on his old website how he was announcing to 'the ladies'  how "he was available"... how lame is that... :laugh2:
That might have been Lonnie Glieberman  :laugh2:

Classic!  :thumbsup:

I can't stand the Jim Rome show, I just switch channels!  :icon_angry2:

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2012, 05:15:35 PM »

I didn't realize they had let Michael Harris go. I've always liked his show. Although he's a little left leaning in his overall views, he usually tries to stay impartial and informed on most issues, and will call out someone from any political stripe when they step out of bounds. Too bad, I think he was that station's best asset. Couldn't they have retired Lowell Green and moved Harris?

I can only imagine now how bad Sportscall on 1200 is going to be with Phil Melanson gone. They should have dropped his annoying Jim Rome wannabe co- host Lee Versage instead.

Read in the paper that not only did they let Michael Harris go, but he was in the building doing research when he was called down to the boss' office, told he was being let go, could not go back to his office (stuff will be packed up for him) except for his coat, etc. and he was due on-air in a couple of hours but he was told that he would not be doing his show that day (I believe this was last Thursday).  His comment was "I regret not being able to thank my listeners from over the years."  And I agree, he was a little left-leaning but he was the only regular on-air person there who tried to be non-biased and stick to issues, not ideology and certainly not 'spin', since he tended to do a fair amount of research, etc. and he often brought in interesting people as guests.  Anyway, I wasn't a regular listener and, likely, that was the problem possibly for him overall.  I cannot stand anyone else at that station so I seldom listen to CFRA except for him now and then.
Lowell Green AND Steve Madeley are way past their due dates, IMHO but, for all I know, neither of them could be there since I avoid CFRA like the plague in the mornings.

Last Friday, Shawn Simpson was in for the 9:30 a.m. to noon show with Versage.  I would have preferred they kept Melanson but I am assuming they kept Versage since he calls 67's games for the stations too, doesn't he?  Versage irritates me no end.  But Simpson is very good.  Today Murray Wilson was on but I didn't get to listen to much of it...only know that Versage wasn't on (because he was doing the Healthy Scratches this afternoon).  Maybe Simpson and Wilson did the morning show....lots of NHL experience at the microphones if they were! :nod:
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2012, 12:46:34 AM »
Simpson was with Versage on the afternoon show on Monday.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"