Author Topic: Pittsburgh versus Capitals...who will win?  (Read 1130 times)

Offline MattLivingstone

• Bingo Sen
    • View Profile
Pittsburgh versus Capitals...who will win?
« on: December 11, 2006, 05:43:44 PM »
Tonight's game featuring Crosby and Ovechkin, the leagues best sophomores, has been advertised quite over the past couple of weeks as a prime example of the NEW NHL's style of play.

I can't wait for the game, and a number of questions of mine are just waiting to be answered.
A)  Will Crosby and Ovechkin get into something like Kovalchuk and Crosby last year?
B) Will the refs let the game flow, or will they continue their awful trend lately of bad calls?
C) The two teams are pretty evenly matched in my opinion, should be an even game.

My prediction: Pittsburgh...4-3??

Most points:  Crosby or Ovechkin?....my opinion is a tie, 2-2

Thoughts? And enjoy the great game.

Btw to Bell expressvu subsrcibers:  If you dont have the centre ice package, Bell has a 4 day free trial of the stations so you can see the game tonite even if you dont have the package....and we'll see about tommorow nights game versus the wings...cross your fingers that one will come up free too

Offline DanHarley

• Draft Pick
    • View Profile
Re: Pittsburgh versus Capitals...who will win?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 06:28:17 PM »
I think the pressure riding on both Crosby and Ovechkin for tonight's game must be huge. They're being directly compared to each other and expectations are obviously high for both of them. Should be a great game I'm looking forward to it!

Prediction: 4-3 Caps

Most Points: Alexander the Great gets 2 points (1 goal, 1 assist)... Sid the Kid gets 1 point (1 goal)

Does this game represent the "new" NHL?... no not at all it's just another game

Offline MattLivingstone

• Bingo Sen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 10:17:10 PM »
ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????? :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping:
 :happy dance:Amazing game....Caps were up 4-0 and pittsburgh storms back to win.

Offline Russell

• NHL Veteran
  • Leafs suck!
    • View Profile
    • Sens Underground
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 11:43:13 PM »
That was a fun game to watch. I have to say, both those teams really competed hard, real hard, for 60 minutes, the whole team, top to bottom, especially the stars, crashing the net, laying the body..................................hint hint, Sens.

Outside of a few players, [ fisher, neil, volchenkov ] I don't see ottawa competing at that kind of level. Not consistently, anyways.

Offline MattLivingstone

• Bingo Sen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2006, 04:39:44 PM »
I agree...both these teams were really competeing at a high level.
Pittsburgh is down 4-0...most games this means game over.  But what a comeback!!!  Now, do you think the Sens could do that?...I highly dought it..it seems if they go down two goals its good game.

Hope the Sens were watching that game...
 :happy fan: