Author Topic: Ball Hockey - Sunday, March 25, 2007  (Read 6577 times)

Offline Broken Bones

• Public Relations Guy...
  • Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • I'm the pain in your ass...
    • View Profile
Re: Ball Hockey - Sunday, March 25, 2007
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2007, 12:17:39 PM »
Great game last night guys! How were the lighter pads BB?

Amazing, I was concered about their quality and how well I would be protected compared to the heavier ice hockey equipment. But they held their own and allowed me to move faster to boot. It was nice to finish a game and actually have energy left over!

Seeing as you didn't post the score, I'll guess that the old lads from SU won!

As Shredder said, we hammered Sen City making up for last week by a whopping score of 13-7. Afterwards we played a "Beer game" and we beat them once again by a score of 5-3 as the rule was first team to score 5 goals wins.

Offline CrazyIvan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2007, 12:41:40 PM »
Yup...quite the shellacking...
DaFreak will think twice next time he posts smack about us.  He likes to mention how I'm a bit chubbier now than in high school...he's been remarkably quiet after the complete destruction of Sen City!

Way to go Underground.

Offline PHJ314

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2007, 12:44:42 PM »
Awesome boys!!! Way To Go SU!!!!!!!!
Friends don't let Friends cheer for the Maple Leafs!!

Offline DaFreak

• Draft Pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2007, 01:32:54 PM »
I knew I heard someone mention my name! My spidey senses were tingling. You beat us fair and square but you know I won't stop the trash talking, we aren't gonna give up. I am in a way dissappointed by the lack of participation by my fellow SenCity dwellers, other than Sparta & Tham, it getting to the point where we may not want to be a SenCity team but a team of guys that want to have a bit of fun and get some exercise. I'm sure you guys know what I mean, but if we don't get more actual SenCity players out then it will just be thr Underground vs. Average Joes that don't mind a good game of old time hockey

Ciao for now guys, See ya next week

BTW Crazy, friends don't let friends eat jelly donuts!

Offline Broken Bones

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2007, 02:20:59 PM »
I don't think it only applies to Sen City there Freak. I don't know about the first week, but from my experience the second week was the first time I played and we had all the guys for each team, even though some guys were mix and matched on the other team.

Either way, teams or no teams, what we do is fun for me, and I am sure for everybody else that comes out, otherwise I don't see a point in doing it at all. I could care less if we have actual teams or not, it would be nice, but not something I will loose sleep over!

Offline ckazen1

• Draft Pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2007, 09:11:14 PM »
 :Ottawa Senators:

i am a l ittle confused as too a comment of how tham dafreak and sparta are the only ones taking this seriously i come to have fun and to play some hockey and i do believe i have contributed by scoring quite a few goals and saving a few as we all will remembr from sunday when i poked three away at last second while trying to give our goalie some support  :tissue: i would like to continue playin but not sure if i will be with comments like that

and on a side note would you guys ever consider making three or four teams and play two games a night???

sincerely

disheartened player

:woohoo: :sportsfan:

Offline Broken Bones

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2007, 09:34:01 PM »
I don't think we will ever have enough guys show up to get 4 teams going, its difficult right now to get two full teams to show up.

Offline ckazen1

• Draft Pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2007, 09:38:05 PM »
i know i might be able to get a team of 5or 6 with a goalie a few guys from work are interested in playin

Offline Sparta

• Bingo Sen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2007, 10:37:20 PM »
Hey Kazen, Don't bother with DaFreaks comment. I think he's more than a little P.O.'ed about last night's defeat. I actually like that. It's character! I'm just glad he wasn't hit by a blast of gamma radiation earlier in his life. LOL! Otherwise it would be ugly : "DaFreak SMASH!"
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 01:22:29 AM by Sparta »

Offline Broken Bones

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2007, 06:48:38 AM »
Hey Kazen, Don't bother with DaFreaks comment. I think he's more than a little P.O.'ed about last night's defeat. I actually like that. It's character! I'm just glad he wasn't hit by a blast of gamma radiation earlier in his life. LOL! Otherwise it would be ugly : "DaFreak SMASH!"

:A_laughing_matter:

Offline ckazen1

• Draft Pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2007, 08:08:55 PM »
 :SENS2:

i am fresh off a meeting with the gm of sens city and i was mistaken in the meaning if the post on here and have agreed to a small donation to make up for my conduct that is detrimental to the team lolol :beer toast:

:crier: :2-oops: :icon_thankyou:   :G: :O: :S: :E: :N: :S2:

Offline Broken Bones

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2007, 03:23:37 PM »
Sens City is going DOWN tonight!

Offline Broken Bones

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2007, 07:36:26 AM »
Great game last night guys, handing Sen City a bigger ass whoopin' than the Rangers handed to the Leafs last night. The final score being 11-7 was higher than I expected it to be while playing the first half of the 1st period with the score 1-0 for Sen City. But something happened after that mid way point, a major can of whoop-ass was opened and well delivered!

I sure let in a couple of doozies myself last night, but overall I feel I played one of my best games. What's great about the game is everybody is giving me tips on how to cut my angle on the shooter, and be more aware of where I am in the net so I don't have a wide open corner for the shooter. I feel confident in my glove side in that I think I closed that area up tighter so it isn't as weak, my five hole needs some work. There was just one goal I'd really like back that went five hole, I don't know what I was thinking, so much open space, I didn't even go down, I just stood there as if I were frozen, it was weird.

And from what i could see last night, a few guys last night had some really soft hands making crisp passes for some sweet tip ins.

IF, there is a game next week I will play, but as everybody was saying last night, it most likely won't happen due to Easter Sunday.

Ok, its time I go put heat on my thighs!

Offline Sens4life

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2007, 01:29:08 PM »
1. where do you guys play?
2. can anyone just show up?
3. what's your skill level (generally)?

thanks!
SENS4LIFE

Offline Broken Bones

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2007, 01:36:18 PM »
Patro D'Ottawa
40 Cobourg Street
Ottawa, ON K1N 8Z6

$5.00 per game you play (pay at the end of the game)

Warm up: 7:30pm
Game Time: 8:00pm (ends around 9:30-10:00 pm).

We have weekly sign ups, a new thread is created for each weeks game. I believe the idea is to try and have "regulars" a definite spot on the roster each week, and then "fillers" for guys who come and go. Just sign up each week and I am sure you won't be turned away!

Far from elite! To give you an idea, I grew up out west playing street hockey with my brothers, since moving to Ottawa in 98 I have played maybe 8 games of pickup ice hockey. I had access to my dads goalie equipment on short notice to be a "backup" goalie as the "regular" goalie couldn't make the second weeks game. Since then I have played the last 4 games, even though I was told the "regular" goalie was to play every second weekend.

All in all, its just meant to be a pickup game for fun. I hope this helps.

Offline Sens4life

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2007, 01:41:05 PM »
Patro D'Ottawa
40 Cobourg Street
Ottawa, ON K1N 8Z6

$5.00 per game you play (pay at the end of the game)

Warm up: 7:30pm
Game Time: 8:00pm (ends around 9:30-10:00 pm).

We have weekly sign ups, a new thread is created for each weeks game. I believe the idea is to try and have "regulars" a definite spot on the roster each week, and then "fillers" for guys who come and go. Just sign up each week and I am sure you won't be turned away!

Far from elite! To give you an idea, I grew up out west playing street hockey with my brothers, since moving to Ottawa in 98 I have played maybe 8 games of pickup ice hockey. I had access to my dads goalie equipment on short notice to be a "backup" goalie as the "regular" goalie couldn't make the second weeks game. Since then I have played the last 4 games, even though I was told the "regular" goalie was to play every second weekend.

All in all, its just meant to be a pickup game for fun. I hope this helps.

it does - we got the baby coming any day now, and I could really use a break before the little one comes...
SENS4LIFE

Offline Shredder

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Go Underground!
    • View Profile
    • Sens Underground
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2007, 02:17:57 PM »

So let me get this straight BB... because you've played about 8 games of pickup ice hockey in your life, you would categorize the entire skill level of our weekly ball hockey games to be FAR FROM ELITE???  I don't think guys like Sparta, WTF, DaFreak, Eric K., VermetteCity, etc... would appreciate that too much... these guys are pretty good.  I wouldn't say far from elite as I think the level of play is pretty good and competitive... in fact, there have been a few highlight reel plays since day 1 of this weekly get together...    :SENSSHOOTER:

Offline Broken Bones

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2007, 02:18:54 PM »
it does - we got the baby coming any day now, and I could really use a break before the little one comes...

Define "any day now", as we may not be able to grant your wish as this sunday we are not playing due to Easter. Our next game will be the 15th of April.

And congrats.

Offline Sens4life

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2007, 11:01:47 PM »
Define "any day now", as we may not be able to grant your wish as this sunday we are not playing due to Easter. Our next game will be the 15th of April.

And congrats.

baby's due april 17th.... :bag:
SENS4LIFE

Offline Broken Bones

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2007, 09:10:45 AM »
baby's due april 17th.... :bag:

Well here's hoping the little tyke hangs on in there and lets you enjoy one last day of freedom playing hockey :)