Author Topic: "Certainty of death, small chance of success... well, what're we waiting for? "  (Read 5486 times)

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • MacLean is Really Good!
    • View Profile
Gotta BELIEVE no MATTER what.   The boys are in a deep, deep hole but they aren't going to go quietly into the night.  One game at a time. The Sens are due for a road win in this series and it WILL happen in game 5! 

:I Believe 2: - BRING IT ON

Offline Sensfanwest

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
they aren't going to go quietly into the night

game 4's effort would indicate otherwise.

Regardless,  :I Believe 2:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline AnaheimInstigator

• Draft Pick
    • View Profile
Sens are gonna have a hard time now that the Ducks are heading home. Carlyle can properly play matchups with the last change, our crappy ice, and the home crowd. The Sens came out strong all first period, but seemed to give up in the second. They will need to come out bangin' to compete against Anaheims home ice advantage.
Physical play is not dirty play.

Offline Stevo 15

• NHL Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: "Certainty of death, small chance of success..
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 01:06:18 AM »
game 4 wasnt the only time the sens have gave a poor poor effort. But watching you can just see something good is going to happen to the sens.

:I Believe 2:

Offline SzuperChicky

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Offcial Coach Clouston Groupie
    • View Profile
 :I Believe 1:
Anything's possible.

They still haven't really shown a full 60-minute effort.  They definitely dominated period 1 tonight and played well for a lot of the third.  I just don't understand how it went wrong.
Game Day & Prediction Threads HERE

Douchebag List:
Dany Heatley, Corey Perry, Bill McCreary, Dave Branch, Ryan Kesler

Offline SensFan619

• NHL Rookie
    • View Profile
These playoffs, we've done REALLY well on the road, minus Games 1 & 2 of this series.  Anything can happen, they know it's do or die now!!!!!

Offline PuckFancy

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Go Sens Go!
    • View Profile
I too do not understand the Sens letting up after the first period. Even the players don't seem to get why they didn't come out in the second and third with the same effort.

Nonetheless, as OS mentionned, things are reall looking glum, but we're not out yet and we gotta keep supporting them 'til the last buzzer sounds.

I took this from work2play and here it goes:

RED 'TIL WE'RE DEAD   :goal:

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Bit of Gimli and work2play gets you

Certainty of death, small chance of success... RED 'TIL WE'RE DEAD!!!!!

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
It's always nice to stay positive I guess but the facts are they are being totally dominated by the Ducks.  I was shocked watching the last two periods last night.  They look like a team that knows they are beat. 

I wouldn't bet the whole farm on it but I'm pretty sure they will only be coming back to Ottawa to clean out thier lockers.
Proud member of the P.P.A. since 2008.

Offline Sasquatch

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
^^^ I hate you. LOL

I dont know though, the guys cant expect to win with an effort like theyve shown in game 1, 2 and the last 2 periods last night. They have to be on fire now or the next three games and given their recent play it seems like an impossible task. yes Anaheim is playing good but we have proven we can outplay them numerous times... I just dont know what the majority of our team is waiting for. It seems impossible and in all honesty FV is probably right. Anaheim is at home and 1 win away from clinching the cup, expect them to be playing harder than ever.... I wouldnt have a problem with that so much if Perry and Pronger werent on that team, I hate those guys more than anything or anyone ... period.

But I will have to admit, as unbiased as I possibly can, that the Sens CAN do it, now we just have to wait and see if they want too.....

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
We still have another win left in this team.

A few mistakes last night cost us.  The Winning goal came as result of Phillips breaking his skate blade and Redden jumping on the ice as Selanne was skating by. 

It's just a good example of how the game went for us last night.

Let's bring it home so we can rock SBP one more time!!!!!    :I Believe 2:
“Being politically correct....not my forte”

Offline Viper

• SITE ENFORCER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Rocky Marciano - P.P.A
    • View Profile
Coming back from 3-1 down is what makes legends, there is still a lot of hockey to be played....let's do it!!!

:Be Red:

P.P.A Founder - 02/29/2008

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Coming back from 3-1 down is what makes legends, there is still a lot of hockey to be played....let's do it!!!

It would be sweet wouldn't it  :WOOHOO RED: :woohoo: :WOOHOO RED:

The station is close but the Ride is NOT over yet.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Nothing left to say but   :I Believe 2:

Oh yeah.....and I no longer like FrequentVisitor!!   :icon_hissyfit2:

jk  :giggles:
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Nothing left to say but :I Believe 2:Oh yeah.....and I no longer like FrequentVisitor!! :icon_hissyfit2:
 jk :giggles:

Yah MAN,  this is a fanboy/fangirl thread, no analysis allowed!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Becca

• NHL Veteran
    • View Profile
 :I Believe 2:

anything is possible and what a great story it will be when we pull this out and bring the Cup to ottawa! :POMPOM2:

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
If we can take one thing from FV it is that he, like most Leafs fans, have never given up hope on their team who has accomplished less than we have in 40 years.  There is no reason for us to stop believing in our team for we have a much brighter future for sure.

Offline thirstymoose_2000

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • There's Always 2012
    • View Profile

Isn't that the line Ruff used.  :(
2011-2012 Season of the Young Guns!

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
If we can take one thing from FV it is that he, like most Leafs fans, have never given up hope on their team who has accomplished less than we have in 40 years. There is no reason for us to stop believing in our team for we have a much brighter future for sure.

Does that make you feel better Jason?  It makes you come across looking very small.
Proud member of the P.P.A. since 2008.

Offline Viper

• SITE ENFORCER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Rocky Marciano - P.P.A
    • View Profile
Isn't that the line Ruff used. :(

I don't know, was it?

P.P.A Founder - 02/29/2008