Author Topic: Curse of the Jets  (Read 2669 times)

Offline bassman

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • If it was easy ... everyone would be doing it!
    • View Profile
    • PokerStars.COM  the best internet poker site! My ID: NiteInJail
Re: Curse of the Jets
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007, 02:51:59 PM »
I didi't see anything posted on this intersting article in the National Post today.  It is about the NHL policies interfering with competition:

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/news/story.html?id=2ee34bd7-d43a-4cf5-bd9c-4aa1ccdbecf7

Nice find ... ya suppose it's a coincidence that they're suddenly interested in the NHL policies?  Apparently Jim has some influential friends

Offline CrustyOldGuy

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007, 03:02:02 PM »
Looks like good old Jim has some 'nads!!

It appears he is trying to stay one step ahead of the Laffs...not that that is hard... :A_laughing_matter:

Talking to some Leafs fans...some think it will rattle MLSE into doing something
Now that I am older, I thought it was great that I seemed to have more patience.  Turns out I just don't give a damn.

I don't have an attitude...I have a personality you can't handle!

Offline CrustyOldGuy

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2007, 03:56:18 PM »
Now that I am older, I thought it was great that I seemed to have more patience.  Turns out I just don't give a damn.

I don't have an attitude...I have a personality you can't handle!

Offline jets

• Draft Pick
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2007, 07:25:56 PM »
You are all missing the point.   The NHL is not likely ever to come back to Winnipeg and a Canadian team is not likely to ever win the cup again.  When the league fixes things such that Winnipeg can successfully run a team, things will be fixed in this Americanized version of what used to be our national game.  The Toronto Losing Leafs have the most lucrative (and perhaps unsophisticated) fans in all of sports but this does not translate into any resemblance of competitiveness, it is too bad their motto (and all Canadian teams) is "Losers since last century".

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • MacLean is Really Good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2007, 07:49:28 PM »
Me thinks this curse is world famous all over Winnipeg.