Author Topic: NFL chat  (Read 70241 times)

Offline moxie

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • A Proud Member of The P.P.A.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL chat
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2008, 12:40:48 PM »
A weakend Patriots team is a good Patriots team.  It means that now nothing will stand in the way of a Super Bowl appearance by my Steelers.

Yeah baby, Yeah!!!!!!

GOSTEELERSGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll drag out all of my steelers swag from the back of the closet for you, buddy.  :laugh2:
He could drink like hell, he could fight like hell.

Offline PHJ314

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2008, 12:49:30 PM »
The ending of the Jets-Dolphins game was pretty intense! Thankfully the Jets pulled it out!

The play of the weekend had to be the Panthers Jake Delhomme to Dante Rosario with no time left to stun the Chargers!! What a shocker!
Friends don't let Friends cheer for the Maple Leafs!!

Offline Docawesome

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Sensnet mob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ESPN.com
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2008, 02:38:19 PM »
Yep....must have really been bad to get up today and you are a Patriots fan.  You'd feel so crappy!!

Yes and no. I'm as big a Patriots fan as I am a Sens fan. But to me losing Brady now is not as bad as losing him say during game 15. Losing him now feels like a punch in the face, game 15, a dumbell to the groin. There really is a bright side though. Winning 18 games in a row last year, really wins didn't feel like wins except for the Indy game, game 16, and the two playoff wins. The rest I took for granted. Now I will appreciate every win. And down the road anything can happen, if not, well I could care less. In the broader scheme of things this is only entertainment. I have more effective --no W's or L's-- sources of entertainment when sports disappoints, going to the movies, and the women I frequent with.  :nod: And I'm not talking about Vanier hookers.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 02:40:39 PM by Docawesome »

"The upper class: keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes.  The middle class: pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.  The poor are there...just to scare the shit out of the middle class."

Offline Docawesome

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Sensnet mob
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2008, 03:02:07 PM »
My Boys looked absolutely lethal yesterday.  Romo was great as was TO.   Should be a very good season...

Must suck to be a Patriot fan.  They don't stand a chance without Brady under centre.  this is the problem when you have a QB as great as him.  The other guy never get a sniff of experience and then when you lose him your done.  Yeah, they won yesterday but no one can confuse KC for being a contender this year.  I see possible a 500 season of worse once they start playing better teams.

Well sir, no it does not suck to be a Patriots fan. In fact, as a fan of the New England Patriots --aka The Evil Empire-- I feel lucky to have chosen this team before Brady took over as quarterback in 2001 out of 31 other teams to call my team and, as such, I cannot help but feel pity for the dedicated fans of the other 31 teams, well except the Raidas' because I am also a Raider and, as a Raider, wins are not the objective, terrorizing the opponent's fans is.

That said, Cowboy, I guarantee you the Patriots will win a MINIMUM 10 games this regular season, win the division once again, make the playoffs and the dice can roll once we get there. Book it. You can call me on this when the Patriots season ends.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 03:05:34 PM by Docawesome »

"The upper class: keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes.  The middle class: pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.  The poor are there...just to scare the shit out of the middle class."

Offline PHJ314

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2008, 03:29:42 PM »
Brady requires surgery.

As per TSN.ca

Offline PHJ314

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2008, 03:34:18 PM »
That said, Cowboy, I guarantee you the Patriots will win a MINIMUM 10 games this regular season, win the division once again, make the playoffs and the dice can roll once we get there. Book it. You can call me on this when the Patriots season ends.

Probably....they have one of the weakest schedules in the NFL this year...they even mentioned that on the pre-game show.

Sun. Sep. 7 Kansas City, 1:00 pm
Sun. Sep. 14 at NY Jets, 4:15 pm
Sun. Sep. 21 Miami, 1:00 pm
Sun. Oct. 5 at San Francisco, 4:15 pm
Sun. Oct. 12 at San Diego, 8:15 pm
Mon. Oct. 20 Denver, 8:30 pm
Sun. Oct. 26 St. Louis, 1:00 pm
Sun. Nov. 2 at Indianapolis, 8:15 pm
Sun. Nov. 9 Buffalo, 1:00 pm
Thu. Nov. 13 NY Jets, 8:15 pm
Sun. Nov. 23 at Miami, 1:00 pm
Sun. Nov. 30 Pittsburgh, 4:15 pm
Sun. Dec. 7 at Seattle, 8:15 pm
Sun. Dec. 14 at Oakland, 4:15 pm
Sun. Dec. 21 Arizona, 1:00 pm
Sun. Dec. 28 at Buffalo, 1:00 pm

« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 03:36:50 PM by PHJ314 »

Offline Bonzai

• Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2008, 03:59:28 PM »
Well sir, no it does not suck to be a Patriots fan. In fact, as a fan of the New England Patriots --aka The Evil Empire-- I feel lucky to have chosen this team before Brady took over as quarterback in 2001 out of 31 other teams to call my team and, as such, I cannot help but feel pity for the dedicated fans of the other 31 teams, well except the Raidas' because I am also a Raider and, as a Raider, wins are not the objective, terrorizing the opponent's fans is.

Probably will but what I look at is the fact that as the season progressed last year the defense wore down. Losing Samuels was huge and add another year to the vets and it could get dicey down the road.  The offense was so good last year they outshone the liabilities, that was until the final game.  I still think an offense with Welker and Moss is still quite formidable.

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2008, 04:40:11 PM »
Good everyone else just ignore us because......

BUFFALO BILLS ALLLLLLL THEEEEEE WAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY   :banana:   :banana:   :banana:   :banana: 

this time for sure.

Screw the Steelers.  Not one team out there I dislike more, except maybe the Cowboys.

Sorry Stone, no offense!

Offline stone169

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2008, 06:01:08 PM »
Good everyone else just ignore us because......

BUFFALO BILLS ALLLLLLL THEEEEEE WAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY   :banana:   :banana:   :banana:   :banana: 

this time for sure.

Screw the Steelers.  Not one team out there I dislike more, except maybe the Cowboys.

Sorry Stone, no offense!
None taken.

A buddy of mine usually makes an annual pilgrimage down to Buffalo to see the Bills once each season.  We have fun razzing each other all the time.
There are good coaches and there are bad coaches, the real question is "Do you want this person to be a role model to your kids for the next 6 months".  That's the question you have to ask yourself.

Go Sarnia Jr. Sting Minor Midget MD!!!!!

Offline Docawesome

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Sensnet mob
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2008, 06:38:22 PM »
New England Patriots spying on the Atlanta Thrashers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzUkvJeOwmY

:A_laughing_matter:

Go Pats!

Offline Special J

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2008, 03:25:08 PM »
My beloved Redskins are going to suck mightily being in that division.  :bag:

Oh for the glory days of the Hogs. The most fearsome o-line ever.

I miss Jack Kent Cook.
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." - Homer Simpson

Offline RideauDreaming

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2008, 09:08:38 PM »
Niners concede 30 points, gore rushes for under 100 and we win?

Patrick Willis should play both ways every play.
Go Canucks, Go Sens.

Offline oz_sensfan

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Go Go Gadget Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2008, 10:25:16 PM »
Niners concede 30 points, gore rushes for under 100 and we win?

Patrick Willis should play both ways every play.

yeah, but the prick was the defensive player in my opposing fantasy team. I didn't know hot to feel, that int return to put us up got me excited, then I realised it was Willis and I was mildly pissed off. How bout the ballsy call by Shanahan?
Supporting the Sens frm Bris-Vegas!

Offline RideauDreaming

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2008, 11:23:12 PM »
Niners first before fantasy!

I have only read match reports. Basically i'm going to enjoy the win because the seahawks sucked and there won't be many of them.
Go Canucks, Go Sens.

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2008, 04:29:03 PM »
I'm going to San Francisco this week to see the 49ers V Detroit game.  I have great seats so I will take some pictures for you and post when I get back.

OH  Just in case you were wondering,and I know you were,  BILLS WON yesterday.    :thumbsup:

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2008, 05:26:13 PM »
I'm going to San Francisco this week to see the 49ers V Detroit game.  I have great seats so I will take some pictures for you and post when I get back.

OH  Just in case you were wondering,and I know you were,  BILLS WON yesterday.    :thumbsup:

Yup....I thought of you when I saw the Bills' score! 

Have a great time in rice-a-roni town!! :drink:
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2008, 07:36:07 PM »
Yup....I thought of you when I saw the Bills' score! 

Have a great time in rice-a-roni town!! :drink:

Thanks, we will.   :thumbsup:

Offline Docawesome

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Sensnet mob
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2008, 03:50:28 PM »
New England seems to be back to the basics. I like.

Offline RideauDreaming

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2008, 09:54:40 AM »

Hope you had a nice time, i'd like to see a 49ers game live (after york sells).
Go Canucks, Go Sens.

Offline oz_sensfan

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Go Go Gadget Arms
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2008, 06:43:05 PM »
Niners first before fantasy!

I have only read match reports. Basically i'm going to enjoy the win because the seahawks sucked and there won't be many of them.

In the end it didn't matter, I won by 4 pts. Niners win, I win.   :)
Supporting the Sens frm Bris-Vegas!