Author Topic: NFL chat  (Read 70238 times)

Offline Johnny English

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Canadian Heroine
    • View Profile
Re: NFL chat
« Reply #480 on: January 23, 2011, 05:12:16 PM »
I heard that a group from Toronto were looking at buying the team and then moving them to Toronto.  I'm not sure if the NFL or CFL would really allow that.

The dickhead new mayor Rob Ford was talking about wanting an NFL team for Toronto, so I presume there's two and two being put together. While I think the Bills could be vulnerable when Wilson goes, there are other franchises with much less support and history that might be easier to move to LA.
We all dream of a team of Chris Kellys.

Offline stone169

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 24, 2011, 09:13:58 AM »
The dickhead new mayor Rob Ford was talking about wanting an NFL team for Toronto, so I presume there's two and two being put together. While I think the Bills could be vulnerable when Wilson goes, there are other franchises with much less support and history that might be easier to move to LA.
I can't remember where I saw it or read it, but there's a reason why there isn't an NFL franchise in one of the biggest television markets.  Like I said, I can't remember where I saw it.  It was a couple of years ago when people were questioning why there was no franchise in LA.

The Bills won't be leaving Buffalo.
There are good coaches and there are bad coaches, the real question is "Do you want this person to be a role model to your kids for the next 6 months".  That's the question you have to ask yourself.

Go Sarnia Jr. Sting Minor Midget MD!!!!!

Offline stone169

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 24, 2011, 09:15:24 AM »
GOSTEELERSGO!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

3 times in 6 years going to the big dance and this one won't be any different.
There are good coaches and there are bad coaches, the real question is "Do you want this person to be a role model to your kids for the next 6 months".  That's the question you have to ask yourself.

Go Sarnia Jr. Sting Minor Midget MD!!!!!

Offline Special J

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 24, 2011, 09:41:14 AM »
I heard that a group from Toronto were looking at buying the team and then moving them to Toronto.  I'm not sure if the NFL or CFL would really allow that.

I think the rumour of 'some group' is the same 'some group' that were going to move the Coyotes back to Winnipeg or resurrect the Nordiques.  In other words, fodder radio talk shows and panel discussions on Sportsnet/TSN.

Anyways, none of this happens with the blessing of the NFL anyways, and they aren't going to do it.  The CFL doesn't get a say.  There are so many reasons the NFL is not coming to Toronto.
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." - Homer Simpson

Offline work2play

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
    • Petition Spot - CBC is for all Canadians
« Reply #484 on: January 24, 2011, 01:54:42 PM »
You forgot to mention that the Bills are the only professional sports team to have that dubious distinction. :mrgreen:
Not true.  The Minnesota Vikings are also 0-4 in the SB. 

SB IV - Vikings lost to KC 23-7
SB VIII - Vikings lost to Miami 24-7
SB IX - Vikings lost to Pittsburgh 16-6
SB XI - Vikings lost to Oakland 32-14

The Bills are the only team to lose in the SB four years in a row.  They are also the only team ever to make it to the SB four years in a row. 
Lost your job yet?  Keep buying foreign!

Offline work2play

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 24, 2011, 02:00:01 PM »
I wouldn't get too excited yet until they have the conference title.  Sheez you sound like a Sens fan at the beginning of the season.   Oh and the Bills will NEVER suck, they might blow but suck, NO.    :mrgreen:  

That's right, I said it.  :D
Looking forward to another SB appearance by the Steelers.  Beating the Packers will be tough, they are a very good football team!

How do I sound like a Sens fan at the beginning of the season?

And the Bills do suck  :P  They blow too  :P 
It must have been all that sucking and blowing that lead to "WIDE RIGHT !!!!"  :smily1263:

Offline Rickman

• Future Hall of Famer
  • True Sens Fan (not one of those bandwagon jumpers)
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 24, 2011, 02:03:35 PM »
Packers all the way!  :sportsfan:

Offline Johnny English

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Canadian Heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 24, 2011, 03:18:39 PM »
I'm torn as to who I'd like to see win it. On the one hand I have a number of friends who are Steelers fans and I really like both Mike Tomlin and Troy Polamalu; on the other hand, I can't stand Roethlisberger or Harrison.
We all dream of a team of Chris Kellys.

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 24, 2011, 07:53:21 PM »
Looking forward to another SB appearance by the Steelers.  Beating the Packers will be tough, they are a very good football team!

How do I sound like a Sens fan at the beginning of the season?

And the Bills do suck  :P  They blow too  :P 
It must have been all that sucking and blowing that lead to "WIDE RIGHT !!!!"  :smily1263:

The Steelers can kiss my big fat white ass,  and their fans too.   :laugh2:    My hatred for the Steelers goes beyond what most people feel towards teams.  And yes, it goes back to the days of Jim Kelly and the Bills era.  Can't help it, I'm just that passionate about football.  :smily677:

GO PACKERS ALL THE WAY

Offline work2play

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 01, 2011, 04:56:51 PM »
The Steelers can kiss my big fat white ass,  and their fans too.   :laugh2:    My hatred for the Steelers goes beyond what most people feel towards teams.  And yes, it goes back to the days of Jim Kelly and the Bills era.  Can't help it, I'm just that passionate about football.  :smily677:

GO PACKERS ALL THE WAY
You hate the Steelers, we get that.  I have the same hatred for a certain NHL team. 

Interesting article on TSN today about how the Packers and Steelers were both built primarily through the draft.

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=351906

Perhaps a model for teams in all sports to follow if they want to have success year after year. 
Melnyk and B. Murray should both read it  :smily1263: