Author Topic: Capitals - Flyers  (Read 7315 times)

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • MacLean is Really Good!
    • View Profile
Capitals - Flyers
« on: April 18, 2008, 09:19:03 AM »
Anyone watch the game last night?  I flipped over during the Montreal game and ended up leaving it there.  It was incredible.  Very fast, hard hitting, fantastic goal-tending.  Too bad the Caps didn't win so that there will be more games.   Just played at a different level than the Habs-Bruiins game. 

Offline momr

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Re: Capitals - Flyers
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 09:23:29 AM »
Oh yes, I agree, that was playoff hockey!!  The whole series has been like that.   :woohoo

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 09:36:52 AM »
Ya, I wasn't watching much hockey last night as I was on the computer and Survivor was on.  But of what I did catch of the Flyers-Capitals game, I noticed how intense it was.  No wonder the Penguins wanted nothing to do with the Flyers.  At one point, or maybe for most of the game I didn't see, it went back and forth for minutes at a time.  Very nice hockey.  I, howerver, wanted the Capitals to win that one.  Too bad though.

Offline butterfly_style

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The Puck Stops Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 11:09:05 AM »
Best series to watch.
Highest scoring, lot's of hits, great saves.

It pains me to say this, but I think the Filthy Flyers are THE team in the east.

Offline PHJ314

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 11:10:19 AM »
It pains me to say this, but I think the Filthy Flyers are THE team in the east.

I'm with you on that!
Friends don't let Friends cheer for the Maple Leafs!!

Offline MEAT

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2008, 03:35:38 PM »
This is easily the most entertaining series in the East, if not the best from both conferences. I keep watching this series even though I have no vested interest in either team!

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 03:51:04 PM »
This is easily the most entertaining series in the East, if not the best from both conferences. I keep watching this series even though I have no vested interest in either team!

I was freakin' tired and wiped out last night but had to stay up until the end of the game.  Not many non-Sens games do that!  As the game went on though, the Flyers started to keep the Caps to the perimiter more and more. 

I'd love to have Green in a Sens uni on D.  Strong, mobile, offensively a threat - great future.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 03:54:17 PM »
I was freakin' tired and wiped out last night but had to stay up until the end of the game.  Not many non-Sens games do that!  As the game went on though, the Flyers started to keep the Caps to the perimiter more and more. 

I'd love to have Green in a Sens uni on D.  Strong, mobile, offensively a threat - great future.

I love Green....he is amazing, especially for his age.  He really looks like he has all the tools to be a #1 d-man in the League!
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline pulp

• FRIGGING GENIUS
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2008, 04:08:31 PM »
This is a lesson, yet again, to our Sens. You HAVE to continuously NAIL the other team's star(s) and render them ineffective or hurt 'em. This is the law, of playoff hockey. I think Neil created Roberts' injury with that great hit early in game 2 but then, we pretty much let Malkin run wild all the way. Ovechkin has been blanketed like white on rice and hit pretty damn good. Excellent execution by The Flyers.  :ccclapping:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 04:13:15 PM by pulp »

Offline SzuperChicky

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Offcial Coach Clouston Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 01:27:21 AM »
Who said you hit Ovechkin and he disappears?   *coughs*
Game Day & Prediction Threads HERE

Douchebag List:
Dany Heatley, Corey Perry, Bill McCreary, Dave Branch, Ryan Kesler

Offline gared66

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 10:26:34 PM »
The flyers have this series, which is unfortunate for me, because I picked the caps. They'll win 1 of the 2 remaining games. Of all the series still on ongoing... this is the one I'm most sure of. Anaheim could come back, nashville could come back, calgary could come back, hell, boston is on the verge of having come back...

In a weird way maybe it'll be fitting for the flyers to win this series. I mean, no fans embody the band wagon like these caps fans out all of a sudden. The flyers fans sat through their team being the worst in the league last year, and yet have come out in force this series even though its pretty clear that they won't win the cup, even if they beat the capitals. Philly fans are hardcore, in every sport. Its a solid american market.

If the capitals come back and win it I'll be a monkey's uncle.

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2008, 11:19:27 AM »
Sounds like some of you are becoming Flyers Fans now that the Sens are out.

Welcome to the dark site  ;)

Flyers have been a team that have intrigued me since our 1st series against them back in 03' (I think).

They are the only Eastern Team IMO that could effectively compete against the West this year in terms of Size.  The Skill may be lacking a bit...but Biron is the "unkown" in all of this.
“Being politically correct....not my forte”

Quote from: FV
"The hardest part about coming home from a road trip is pretending how horny you are."

Offline SzuperChicky

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Offcial Coach Clouston Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 12:50:33 PM »
I was cheering for the Flyers all along in this series.  Plus, Flyers fans were cheering for us too ... at least first round.
Game Day & Prediction Threads HERE

Douchebag List:
Dany Heatley, Corey Perry, Bill McCreary, Dave Branch, Ryan Kesler

Offline gared66

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 01:45:59 PM »

Welcome to the dark site  ;)

Flyers have been a team that have intrigued me since our 1st series against them back in 03' (I think).

They are the only Eastern Team IMO that could effectively compete against the West this year in terms of Size.  The Skill may be lacking a bit...but Biron is the "unkown" in all of this.

I don't know... maybe new york as well. They seem to really have their act together. I'm actually not as sure as I was that a western team will definitely win it this year. If its montreal out of the east(which I doubt), then probablyl, but pittsburgh, new york or philly... presuming anaheim goes down against dallas... you're looking at dallas, san jose, calgary, or likely detroit... with the exception of calgary who probably won't get there either... none of those are particularly punishing teams. I could see new york being a real dark horse.

I am impressed with philly though(yesterday's loss not withstanding). I'm impressed that for having such a core of young guys, being last in the league last year, and little playoff experience they came out so prepared to play playoff hockey.

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2008, 01:48:16 PM »

Only to lose with style.  I'm cheering for the Caps but don't have a hate on for the Flyers.   Find myself cheering for the Bruins, which is really out there.

Offline gared66

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 09:27:32 PM »
geez... I am perilously close to being a monkey's uncle. Halfway through the 3rd in game seven and the caps flyers are tied. I said the caps had no chance of coming back to win the series.

I based that on how well the flyer's were able to shut the caps down in games 2, 3, and 4. It didn't seem like the caps style and why they've been successful was cut out for playoff hockey. With it this close... even if the flyers win, I'm still a monkey's uncle.

I'm kinda mixed on this series... because both american teams have leagues of devoted excited fans. Philly more traditionally, the caps because of the cinderella story this year. If the universe were just... maybe you'd have to give it philly, because that market survives even if the team isn't doing well. Washington... has just barely hung on.

The good thing about this series and the way things have turned out... is montreal gets a really tough matchup no matter what. Either new york or philly, if the flyers win tonight. I don't see montreal sizing up well against either. Clearly, I'm not a fan of the habs. I say montreal has a harder time with the ranger's though... who they'd meet if washington wins.

EDIT: and also if washington wins its penguins caps, gary bettman's wet dream.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 09:31:03 PM by gared66 »

Offline Canuck28

• NHL Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 09:46:00 PM »
uh oh Game 7 and Overtime...The pressure!!

Offline gared66

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 09:48:40 PM »
uh oh Game 7 and Overtime...The pressure!!

why what team are you cheering for? I'm actually enjoying not having an emotional attachment to one of these teams.

Offline gared66

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2008, 10:04:09 PM »
Ohhh.. I hate to see it won in overtime on a powerplay... my god.

At least I picked the series correctly in the 1st place. Montreal Philly get ready for it. Pittsburgh new york.

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 10:05:50 PM »
Ohhh.. I hate to see it won in overtime on a powerplay... my god.

At least I picked the series correctly in the 1st place. Montreal Philly get ready for it. Pittsburgh new york.

UMMM Washington won.....    :dancerr: :Thanks: :banana: