Author Topic: Capitals - Flyers  (Read 7318 times)

Offline Canuck28

• NHL Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Capitals - Flyers
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2008, 10:07:33 PM »
why what team are you cheering for? I'm actually enjoying not having an emotional attachment to one of these teams.

I really had no investment in either team , I was slightly hoping Washington would pull it out, I just meant Game 7...OT thats pressure....and I agree the Refs need to stick the whistle where the sun don't shine in OT and let them play it out...crappy way to end a good game...Now tho...On too the Flames and San Jose...GO FLAMES GO!!... I am backing the Flames for that one!

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2008, 10:08:24 PM »
I would like to see SJ  Go  Go   Go

Offline Canuck28

• NHL Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2008, 10:09:46 PM »
I would like to see SJ  Go  Go   Go

either way its been a great series...I just would like too see a Canadian team other then the Habs move on....

Offline gared66

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2008, 10:10:39 PM »
UMMM Washington won.....    :dancerr: :Thanks: :banana:

what? Have you gone off your rocker?

Philly won, on a powerplay in overtime

if there's satire here I'm not getting it.

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2008, 10:12:40 PM »
what? Have you gone off your rocker?

Philly won, on a powerplay in overtime

if there's satire here I'm not getting it.

Yes I've gone off my rocker.  Actually I just got home from 14 hour day of work Someone at work told me they thought Wash won and when I got home I misread the nhl.com website.  Thanks for straightening me out though.   :thumbsup:

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • MacLean is Really Good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2008, 10:16:08 PM »
No penalties called in the 3rd when the Caps carried the play, then to make THAT call in OT.  BS.   That's no way to end the best series of the first round.    Also totally screws up one of my pools!!!!

Go Sharks for the pool money,  Go Flames for the heart.

Offline Broken Bones

• Public Relations Guy...
  • Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • I'm the pain in your ass...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2008, 10:18:54 PM »

Offline Canuck28

• NHL Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2008, 10:21:24 PM »
intresting fact

Calgary is the only Canadian Team to actually have the Canadian flag on thier Jersey.....and they had to get permission too do it too....Its kind of cool...I wish all the canadian teams did that...

Offline Canuck28

• NHL Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2008, 10:47:18 PM »
1-1 after 1...

Offline SzuperChicky

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Offcial Coach Clouston Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2008, 10:56:06 PM »
I predicted Pens/Flyers ECF before the season started ;) ... mind you, I thought Philly would have a better team.

I think Pittsburgh can beat the Rangers... and Philly could potential beat the Habs if they continue to play physically ... both should be good series'.
Game Day & Prediction Threads HERE

Douchebag List:
Dany Heatley, Corey Perry, Bill McCreary, Dave Branch, Ryan Kesler

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2008, 01:10:21 AM »
The Caps got screwed. On the Flyers' second goal, you clearly see the Flyers player push the Caps d-man into Huet, leaving the open net for the goal. How both refs could miss that is beyond me.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2008, 08:29:05 AM »
That game last night was crazy.  How they could go 2 periods without a penalty and THEN call one in OT is beyond me.  Yes, the Caps did get screwed; big time.

Offline momr

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2008, 10:02:25 AM »
Question  - why was Downie dressed for the Flyers last night?  I hadn't noticed him in previous games.  Did they really have to reach that far down to the bottom of the barrell to field a team???

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2008, 10:23:56 AM »
Question  - why was Downie dressed for the Flyers last night?  I hadn't noticed him in previous games.  Did they really have to reach that far down to the bottom of the barrell to field a team???

They were just trying to send a message that they would do whatever it took to win Game 7; be it just pure intimidation or the next level of actually gooning players.  Downie is just a pure waste of a roster spot. 

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2008, 10:36:33 AM »
Supposedly FLyer management was very tormented about Downie playing because he might get penalties.  They were right.

Offline momr

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2008, 10:59:14 AM »
They were just trying to send a message that they would do whatever it took to win Game 7; be it just pure intimidation or the next level of actually gooning players.  Downie is just a pure waste of a roster spot. 

Thanks.  Although the move was completely unnecessary and stupid.  The only thing a guy like Downie can bring to the game is trouble.  Personally makes me question the Flyer's coach.  I wonder if he had been fined along with all the other Flyer players earlier this year, if he would have played the Downie card last night.

All that being said - goons and all.  Go Flyers - I want the Habs gone!!

Offline Special J

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2008, 01:04:25 PM »
That game last night was crazy.  How they could go 2 periods without a penalty and THEN call one in OT is beyond me.  Yes, the Caps did get screwed; big time.

The refs had already let a trip go that took away a breakaway.  The Caps  shouldn't be shocked when they did it a second time.

If there's a reason to call a trip in OT, that's it.
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." - Homer Simpson

Offline Broken Bones

• Public Relations Guy...
  • Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • I'm the pain in your ass...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2008, 01:11:58 PM »
The refs had already let a trip go that took away a breakaway.  The Caps  shouldn't be shocked when they did it a second time.

I'd agree, but at the same time disagree.

I have no issues with any penalty called in OT, so long as the call has been made all throughout the game on a consistent basis on both teams, or was the first infraction of the type of penalty being called that has occurred all game.

In Game 4 we saw Ottawa get called for boarding, only to have a few minutes later a similar play happen and no call against the Penguins.

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2008, 01:17:38 PM »

Except that in the 3rd period, the refs eating their whistles is to the benefit of the weaker team, which in that case was the Flyers.  IMHO the only way the Flyers scraped through the last half of the 2nd and the 3rd was because the standard changed
so much from the first.  Makes it tough to swallow for Caps fans. 

Offline Special J

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2008, 01:34:43 PM »
Well I'm going to claim they were consistent all the way through, but if you're not going to call trip that takes away clear breakaways, especially given the fact that the person doing it was the defenseman who misplayed the puck in the first place, then 'putting the whistle away' makes the game a farce as well. 

Or would you prefer to go back to the days when the Florida Panthers went to the finals?

The refs let them off the hook once, instead of blaming them, maybe Tomi Poti'S lousy play deserves some scrutiny.

Besides calling fewer penalties as the game goes on is nothing new.  It would be more upsetting to call nothing at the beginning and a pile of chintzy calls at the end.
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." - Homer Simpson