Author Topic: Even oil companies executives admit we're getting screwed  (Read 29869 times)

Offline BlindDruid

• Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Re: Even oil companies executives admit we're getting screwed
« Reply #240 on: August 03, 2011, 02:02:39 PM »
So the price of crude has dropped to roughly $91 per barrel, the Canadian dollar is up around $1.04 and the price of gas at the pumps is still around $1.28/litre.  Speculation at it best?  The Federal Trade Commision in the states has started an investigation  into the oil and gas markets.  They are investigating for any type of anti competitive conduct and price manipulation.  We shall see....... 
Time passes, things change, the Sens WILL WIN the CUP. 
edit -  Hopefully within my lifetime.......

Offline playertobenamedlater

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 05, 2011, 01:11:00 AM »
... which is why the price at the pumps dropped 3 cents today (also because I filled my truck with gas seconds before the price changed). It's the same old story every time. The price of gas goes up to our new intolerable level, the government makes noise about an investigation, the price of gas drops a few cents and everyone stops talking. As soon as the clouds roll over, the oil companies raise the prices even higher again. There was supposed to be government action when it hit a dollar...
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 05, 2011, 11:04:43 AM »
I don't buy any of their excuses for why the price of gas goes up and down, it's all BS.

A year ago the price was under $0.90/litre then it rose to $1.40 or more by Christmas of last year no?

Then it drops down to $1.15 and slowly climbs to $1.30.

Then it will drop to $1.25 and climb to $1.50.

Then it will drop to $1.30 and we wil be happy.

They just jack the price to astronomical heights, drop it to a floor that is higher than the previous ceiling and we are happy it's not $1.50 anymore, which makes them happy because they will crank it again to $1.80 and then drop it to $1.50 which we be happy about.  It's all a crock of sh*t so that oil execs can buy new mansions, $40,000 trash cans and gold plated loos. 

A crisis can exist that they will use as an excuse to jack the prices but when the crisis is over the prices don't drop.  No new demand exists, oil supply is not lower than it was before the crisis.  And these assinine oil speculators need to be shot and displayed publicly.

Offline BlindDruid

• Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 05, 2011, 11:20:34 AM »
The price of crude is currently $86 /barrell. 
Time passes, things change, the Sens WILL WIN the CUP. 
edit -  Hopefully within my lifetime.......

Offline playertobenamedlater

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 08, 2011, 01:13:42 PM »
I don't buy any of their excuses for why the price of gas goes up and down, it's all BS.

A year ago the price was under $0.90/litre then it rose to $1.40 or more by Christmas of last year no?

Then it drops down to $1.15 and slowly climbs to $1.30.

Then it will drop to $1.25 and climb to $1.50.

Then it will drop to $1.30 and we wil be happy.

They just jack the price to astronomical heights, drop it to a floor that is higher than the previous ceiling and we are happy it's not $1.50 anymore, which makes them happy because they will crank it again to $1.80 and then drop it to $1.50 which we be happy about.  It's all a crock of sh*t so that oil execs can buy new mansions, $40,000 trash cans and gold plated loos. 

A crisis can exist that they will use as an excuse to jack the prices but when the crisis is over the prices don't drop.  No new demand exists, oil supply is not lower than it was before the crisis.  And these assinine oil speculators need to be shot and displayed publicly.

Amen!
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 10, 2011, 12:45:18 AM »
Toews added when gas starts to run out at stations, consumers start to panic and purchase fuel for the future.

"If millions of people start panic buying, other gas stations start to run out of gas even though the gas refineries are operating normally," Toews said.

He added the price of a litre of gas is expected to drop by up to 15 cents once the supply has been replenished in a few of weeks.

Shell Canada spokesman Jeff Gabert said a Shell refinery in Sarnia underwent a standard maintenance shutdown which ran a week longer than scheduled.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2011/08/09/18532411.html?cid=rssnewscanada

Really?!?!?!?!?  :bag:
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • MacLean is Really Good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 10, 2011, 07:57:31 AM »
How convenient, price is down but there is a shortage to keep prices up!

Lack of refining capacity for gas has been a p[roblem for a long time, so youi would think more would be built. I believe that instead one or two have been closed in the last several years with no new ones built.   Funny how that happens with only a few players.

Offline Johnny English

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Canadian Heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 10, 2011, 04:16:04 PM »
I paid $1.20 in Kanata yesterday which is the lowest I've seen for a while.
We all dream of a team of Chris Kellys.