Author Topic: Can we get the ignore button back....  (Read 19319 times)

Offline Small Town

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Can we get the ignore button back....
« on: June 10, 2008, 01:18:08 PM »
....please please please?  I will have to abandon this board soon unless I can just completely avoid some posters.

thanks
It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Can we get the ignore button back....
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 01:25:29 PM »
and those posters would be...?  ;)
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don’t need it"

Offline Broken Bones

• Public Relations Guy...
  • Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • I'm the pain in your ass...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 02:40:08 PM »
Hey, if us mods can't use the ignore feature, neither should you! Muwahaha... enjoy the drivel that we have to sort through.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 02:51:11 PM »
....please please please?  I will have to abandon this board soon unless I can just completely avoid some posters.

thanks

Just use your 'internal ignore' like I have been.  You can certainly tell that it's hot and humid in the past week or so......some brains apparently are experiencing complete meltdowns!! ;) :mrgreen:
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline CrustyOldGuy

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 03:01:33 PM »
Whew!...thought it was just me that thought things were getting a little testy.
Now that I am older, I thought it was great that I seemed to have more patience.  Turns out I just don't give a damn.

I don't have an attitude...I have a personality you can't handle!

Online BlindDruid

• Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 03:05:23 PM »
Looks like some people are getting bored without any kind of hockey to talk about. 
Time passes, things change, the Sens WILL WIN the CUP. 
edit -  Hopefully within my lifetime.......

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 03:13:57 PM »
Looks like some people are getting bored without any kind of hockey to talk about. 

Yeah.....hearing repeatedly that the Leafs are "close to signing" Wilson or that Hasek is retiring is not exactly the type of stuff that keeps one's interests "alive"!! ;)
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline stone169

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 04:05:08 PM »
Oh I don't know.  Right now I'm having some fun arguing with some people. ;)
There are good coaches and there are bad coaches, the real question is "Do you want this person to be a role model to your kids for the next 6 months".  That's the question you have to ask yourself.

Go Sarnia Jr. Sting Minor Midget MD!!!!!

Offline Small Town

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 08:57:49 PM »
Just use your 'internal ignore' like I have been.  You can certainly tell that it's hot and humid in the past week or so......some brains apparently are experiencing complete meltdowns!! ;) :mrgreen:
I have been trying to use my internal ignore button but it's not working out so well.  Maybe taking the summer off would be a good idea for me.  This used to be such a good board....sigh!

Offline CrustyOldGuy

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 09:17:25 PM »
 :icon_agree:
Now that I am older, I thought it was great that I seemed to have more patience.  Turns out I just don't give a damn.

I don't have an attitude...I have a personality you can't handle!

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 01:03:29 AM »
I have been trying to use my internal ignore button but it's not working out so well.  Maybe taking the summer off would be a good idea for me.  This used to be such a good board....sigh!

Still is. But as a place gets bigger, you get a higher number of trouble makers. And even looking back in the days, you had the same BS we are experiencing right now. Trolls like Trentblue, shit disturbers like BG and plcamp, useless-posts artists like AB and operasen. Things aren't much different.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don’t need it"

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 01:22:25 AM »

It still IS a good board.  But taking a little 'holiday' from anything is never a bad thing.  Fact is, like life you just have to 'pick your battles' and you will still be able to take a lot of good out of something if you pick wisely.  :nod:

But if you take a little holiday....know that lots of us will still be here when you come back!! :thumbsup:

Offline stone169

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2008, 01:00:10 PM »
I've changed my mind.  I would like the ignore button back.  I'm finding it very hard to ignore certain people in particular and it's driving me crazy because I want to say something, but I'm trying really really hard to hold myself back. :icon_banghead: :icon_banghead: :icon_banghead:
There are good coaches and there are bad coaches, the real question is "Do you want this person to be a role model to your kids for the next 6 months".  That's the question you have to ask yourself.

Online BlindDruid

• Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 11:09:55 PM »
The ignore feature is a modification that is at this time is not quite compatible with the version of this board.  This is quite common for modifications.  The board software folks will usually make updates to the board software and it is up to the makers of the modifications to update their mods to meet the level of the board.  Currently we are running at version 1.15 of the board software and the ignore modification is compatible for version 1.13.  It has been successfully installed in some ver. 1.14 boards but has not benn tested with ver.1.1.5.  As soon as it is made compatible I will be happy to install it.  Until then you can in fact report questionalbe posts by clicking on the yellow triangle with the exclamation mark.  We will be happy to deal with them.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 07:31:10 AM by BlindDruid »
Time passes, things change, the Sens WILL WIN the CUP. 
edit -  Hopefully within my lifetime.......

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 01:11:10 AM »
I've changed my mind.  I would like the ignore button back.  I'm finding it very hard to ignore certain people in particular and it's driving me crazy because I want to say something, but I'm trying really really hard to hold myself back. :icon_banghead: :icon_banghead: :icon_banghead:

Gotta look on the bright side of things.....you are getting great lessons in tolerance and/or holding back!  It's a valuable life skill.....what I think and what I say are two vastly different things most days (and not just here on the site!).  It's a great way to exercise both sides of your brain!! ;) :mrgreen:

Offline stone169

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 12:16:39 PM »
Gotta look on the bright side of things.....you are getting great lessons in tolerance and/or holding back!  It's a valuable life skill.....what I think and what I say are two vastly different things most days (and not just here on the site!).  It's a great way to exercise both sides of your brain!! ;) :mrgreen:
I'm trying Rose.  I'm really trying.  But it's been really hard to do that this week.

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 12:34:55 PM »
glad to see I haven't missed much.  :laugh2:
“Being politically correct....not my forte”

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 12:44:42 PM »
I'm trying Rose.  I'm really trying.  But it's been really hard to do that this week.

Hang in there, Grasshopper!  I KNOW you can do it!   :mrgreen:

glad to see I haven't missed much.  :laugh2:

Yep....same old, same old.   :nod:  Nice to see you again!!  You were missed! :woohoo

Offline Small Town

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 12:50:16 PM »
ohmmm.....ohmmmm.......ohmmm.....trying to reach and channel my inner tolerancer strength....ohmmmmm.......

Actually, I tap into that pretty much all day for my paying job - reserves get kinda low at times for other applications.

Offline Broken Bones

• Public Relations Guy...
  • Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • I'm the pain in your ass...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008, 01:43:20 PM »
Sorry ST, but for now you must suffer as us mods/admins do.  The sad part is while it is just garbage talk there really is not much we can do as much of it is not warranting bans.