Author Topic: An idea for generating more user donations...  (Read 5175 times)

Offline moxie

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • A Proud Member of The P.P.A.
    • View Profile
An idea for generating more user donations...
« on: October 29, 2008, 11:51:57 AM »
How about having a 2-tier Snet? Say you added some "premium" features or something for people who donate $10 a year? Give them a special icon under their post count. I think this would help encourage more people to help out with site fees/gameday prizes, etc.
He could drink like hell, he could fight like hell.

Offline Broken Bones

• Public Relations Guy...
  • Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • I'm the pain in your ass...
    • View Profile
Re: An idea for generating more user donations...
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 12:53:18 PM »
It is an interesting idea and is done on a number of sites I visit, the only thing I have to ask, just what does Sensnetwork have to offer to make that "premium" account valuable?  In particular, a car forum I visit has such accounts, and when you contribute you get access to "secret" forums that gives one access to service bulletins, service manuals, etc. items that the average joe does not have available already, whereas here with Sensnetwork we merely discuss the Senators, have no inside track and really have no information we can offer up above and beyond what is currently being discussed.

Offline moxie

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 01:59:00 PM »
It is an interesting idea and is done on a number of sites I visit, the only thing I have to ask, just what does Sensnetwork have to offer to make that "premium" account valuable?  In particular, a car forum I visit has such accounts, and when you contribute you get access to "secret" forums that gives one access to service bulletins, service manuals, etc. items that the average joe does not have available already, whereas here with Sensnetwork we merely discuss the Senators, have no inside track and really have no information we can offer up above and beyond what is currently being discussed.

Perhaps you could do this for the video section. Snet email accounts? More PM space? Custom titles? I don't think it would take much more than a button under the user name that says "Site Supporter." I think people would donate just for that.

Offline BlindDruid

• Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 07:07:30 PM »
Yes we can easily identify those that do contribute to the site by putting something under their name.  Howoever, my feelings on this is that there are those that are able to contribute and do and those that would like to contribute and cant.  I am not all that comfortable in differentiating between the two groups.  I believe that when someone contributes they do so out of the goodness of their heart to something that they feel strongly about and do so for the good of the community.  In this case the sensnetwork community.
Time passes, things change, the Sens WILL WIN the CUP. 
edit -  Hopefully within my lifetime.......

Offline moxie

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 11:28:37 PM »
Yes we can easily identify those that do contribute to the site by putting something under their name.  Howoever, my feelings on this is that there are those that are able to contribute and do and those that would like to contribute and cant.  I am not all that comfortable in differentiating between the two groups.  I believe that when someone contributes they do so out of the goodness of their heart to something that they feel strongly about and do so for the good of the community.  In this case the sensnetwork community.

That is very true, BD. I can appreciate that point of view. I was just "brainstorming" I suppose.  Maybe it is just the Northern Albertan in me. :drink: