Author Topic: Eric Tillman Charged with Sexual Assault  (Read 6760 times)

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Eric Tillman Charged with Sexual Assault
« on: February 03, 2009, 04:06:02 PM »
The current GM and VP of the Saskatchewan Roughriders was charged with sexual assault today.  Tillman, 51 years, was charged regarding an incident that took place last summer with a 16 year old girl.

Yikes!   :shock:  Since he has young kids, I wonder if this is a babysitter scenario?  Just heard it reported on the news.
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Re: Eric Tillman Charged with Sexual Assault
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 04:17:23 PM »
Is it sexual assault because she's 16 or because it wasn't consensual?
Proud member of the P.P.A. since 2008.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 04:25:34 PM »
Is it sexual assault because she's 16 or because it wasn't consensual?

Not sure...there were not a lot of details on the report I heard.  Only that he will be in court February 23rd (and the rest of my post above).
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 04:52:29 PM »
What the hell is the matter with men,  and possibly 16 year old girls?   :shake:

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 02:32:50 AM »
Saw portions of Eric Tillman's press conference  held today.  He (of course) categorically denied the allegations.  He knew of the investigation - which apparently started August 6/08 when the complaint was filed - but was surprised by the charges laid today.  He said that "the truth and the facts will come out" and he apologized to his family and fans of the Saskatchewan Roughriders for any distress that the charges laid might cause.  He has been placed on administrative leave by the football team so that he can attend to these personal matters and the President of the Roughriders, who was also at the press conference, said that the team has no plans to replace him.  He will appear in court in Regina February 24th.

Offline SzuperChicky

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Offcial Coach Clouston Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 08:20:47 AM »
Maybe she was dressing like she was 20...
I'm definitely not trying to defend anyone, but 13 year olds are trying looking like 20 year olds now.
Game Day & Prediction Threads HERE

Douchebag List:
Dany Heatley, Corey Perry, Bill McCreary, Dave Branch, Ryan Kesler

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 08:38:39 AM »
Consensual or not, even though I believe the age of consent in Canada is 14, I'm pretty sure a 51 year old can't have sex with a 16 year old, particularly if she is his baby sitter or in some other "trust" type relationship.

Take basic morals/religious beliefs out of the equation and as a male of the species I can certainly see why he may want to.  As the human animal I've always felt that nature makes females their most attractive when they were ready to breed which is around 15/16.  Not trying to sound disgusting, I honestly think that is true.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2010, 02:30:19 AM »
Tillman pleaded guilty in court Monday.  He is to be sentenced tomorrow.  The defence is looking for an "absolute discharge".  Also reported that the Executive and Board of the Saskatchewan Roughriders were having a meeting Monday night to decide what to do with their "suspended with pay" GM/VP.  In court, Tillman pleaded guilty and while elocuting to the charges claimed that he "hooked" his fingers into her beltloops, from behind, and pulled her towards him.  Also said that he was on sleep and pain medication at the time.

It would seem to me that some 'discussions' were made behind the scenes so the sixteen year old victim would not have to become involved in a court case, nor would Tillman have to be involved in anything long and drawn-out and, potentially, sordid.

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2010, 09:18:18 AM »
Maybe she was dressing like she was 20...
I'm definitely not trying to defend anyone, but 13 year olds are trying looking like 20 year olds now.

You want to talk about girls trying to look older or "cute"?  Take a look at that ridiculous show called "Tiaras and Toddlers" and you will see a HUGE reason girls/women are a target at younger ages.  These parents, mostly mothers in the case of the show, are forcing their daughters to parade around because they want to live through them.  It's disgusting what they make these kids do.

Then watch Maurie or w/e when they have 13-year olds who look like they should be working a corner in Vegas on the show.  Doesn't take a genious to figure out where those kids are heading (and no, I am not placing sole blame on the kids or parents, there are some sick men out there who thrive on this type of situation).

Offline momr

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2010, 10:04:10 AM »
According to what I've read the whole thing seems to have been blown out of proportion.  Tillman had been sent home from a meeting earlier in the day because the medication he was on had made him 'loopy' and he wasn't himself that day.  Subsequent phone calls from the babysitter to Tillman, which had been recorded for some reason, included much discussion of him explaining to her that he had no memory of the incident because of said medication and his sincere apologies.  Honestly I don't know why there were even charges brought against him unless someone thought there might be money in it for them...

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2010, 10:39:10 AM »
If he put his fingers in her belt loop from behind and pulled her towards himself,  it's definately wrong but I can't imagine she would be scarred for life by such an event.  Taking into account her age and the fact he was medicated and people in his office said he was loopy then this sounds like overkill.  A seriously discussion and a heart felt apology should have sufficed instead of basically ruining the man's life and career. 

I have no sympathy for people who go near kids but this kind of sounds like just an unfortunate situation.

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2010, 11:35:57 AM »
He has been granted an absolute discharge.

http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=304807

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • MacLean is Really Good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 11:43:33 AM »
Sounds right given the circumstances.  The impact for him will be way beyond what a court would give him.  Circumstances or not, it doesn't come off well for him.

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 11:44:38 AM »
That's the problem with sexual assault charges, just the implication alone can ruin your life and people know that.

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 11:53:44 AM »
 :icon_agree:  So true.  I don't want to sound paranoid but I won't even drive my kids friends home without one of my kids in the car with us.  Just a rule I have not to be left alone with other peoples kids.  Ain't going to happen.

Offline butterfly_style

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The Puck Stops Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2010, 12:22:46 PM »
:icon_agree:  So true.  I don't want to sound paranoid but I won't even drive my kids friends home without one of my kids in the car with us.  Just a rule I have not to be left alone with other peoples kids.  Ain't going to happen.
It's mandated in our hockey association.
And as a coach, I am very consious of this.

I used to have this little girl on my son's soccer team, who would climb all over me.
Whenever, I saw her coming I would immediately stand up and keep her at arms length.
Too bad that it's come to this . . .sometimes a kid just needs a hug.
But, it's not coming from me.

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2010, 12:53:14 PM »
Too bad that it's come to this . . .sometimes a kid just needs a hug.
But, it's not coming from me.

So true!  I'm a pretty loving guy and I adore kids but unfortunately the past sins of others means well meaning men have to take precautions.

Ajax hockey is the same way.  You aren't even allowed in the dressing room alone with a kid that isn't yours.  Once a kid got hurt in practice and left the ice.  I went to check up on him and had to get another father to come into the room with me.

My feelings on this though is if protects one kid from the Graham Jame's of the world it's worth it.

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 01:50:03 PM »
Pretty harsh, but I do agree with it for the most part.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • MacLean is Really Good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 03:18:18 PM »
Heard Jeff Hunt on the team this weekend.  Discussion included the potential for a CFL team, and that to start the quality of players would be much better than the Renegades and would have the potential to make the playoffs right away.  Hunt involved is a huge difference of course, since it is competent local ownership group.

Tillman is a first class CFL football guy, should he be considered for the job if Ottawa gets another franchise?