Author Topic: Eric Tillman Charged with Sexual Assault  (Read 6759 times)

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Re: Eric Tillman Charged with Sexual Assault
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 03:30:41 PM »
I hope he does get another chance.
Proud member of the P.P.A. since 2008.

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2010, 01:07:33 AM »
Dan Rambo is likely going to be strongly considered as well.

As for Tillman, he didn't do a bad job in Ottawa. The franchise started to do poorly in year 3 when Lisowsky (financial "consultant") and Paopao basically teamed up and stabbed Tillman in the back. Tillman had no more power and was nothing more than a lame-duck GM.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2010, 07:29:33 AM »
I would not be surprised if Tillman is considered for the job here in Ottawa which will be a couple of years in the future (more time to put this incident behind him).

On the other hand, not to be cynical or anything, but until the stadium is actually undergoing renovations and the ink is dry on the agreements with the CFL and the City, I am hesitant to speculate too much. :duh
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2010, 07:54:37 AM »
As long as he doesn't lurk around the waterparks.

Offline Cards

• NHL Veteran
  • I'm so lost...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2010, 08:37:37 AM »

Is that one even going to be done by the time if/when we get a CFL team??  :smily1263:

Nevermind, I just checked and it opens June 7th. The waterpark is coming! I'm so excited and yes I'm in my 20's lol.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 08:50:03 AM by Cards »

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • MacLean is Really Good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2010, 08:48:24 AM »

That's just it.  I know you are making a tongue in cheek joke but for a new franchise hiring Tillman isn't great for their image.  He may be the right guy but I don't think he will be iin Ottawa, and a big IF the franchise gets here as Rose said.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2010, 12:09:29 PM »
I hope he does get another chance.

Okay.....Tillman got another chance out in Edmonton- who are tanking badly so far this season - seven months after his plea of guilty.  And, by what I saw on the news last night and in other media, it's a fairly controversial hire.  Too soon?  Possibly but since the family of the babysitter has accepted his apology/explanation and have stated they have "moved on" from the incident, is the controversy surrounding his hiring warranted?  Just wondering what others think.
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2010, 12:31:03 PM »
No, the controversy isn't warranted.  If the family, and the victim, have accepted his apology anything anyone else says is moot. 
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 12:34:46 PM by Jasonf6 »

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2010, 01:25:53 PM »
That's an old thread!  Ah!  Waterpark jokes.  I miss Moxie!  He was highly entertaining.   :drink:

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2010, 01:32:28 PM »
No, the controversy isn't warranted.  If the family, and the victim, have accepted his apology anything anyone else says is moot. 

I basically agree although I am not surprised by the reaction of some people (who were interviewed and shown on TV) but would likely make the same points as they did no matter how much time had passed since the case was completed.

That's an old thread!  Ah!  Waterpark jokes.  I miss Moxie!  He was highly entertaining.   :drink:

Yes...the waterpark jokes!  Actually, I know many people who visited said waterpark since it opened (including one of my kids...the nineteen year old) and they really enjoyed it!  I think the waterpark did very well, in terms of visitors, their opening summer (and once they ironed out some traffic/parking kinks).  As far as Moxie....have to admit I did think of him a couple of weeks back when Hurricane Earl tore through the Maritimes!   :nod: