Author Topic: Prusek to start against Edmonton  (Read 1512 times)

Offline kissmeimasensfan

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
Prusek to start against Edmonton
« on: November 06, 2003, 08:21:38 AM »
So, the paper says Prusek will get the start tonight against Edmonton.

I'm not sure how I feel about this - on the one hand, Prusek needs SOME starts and Lalime is bound to need a break...but now?

I just think the Sens really need a good game tonight, and Lalime is part of that equation.  I also think that Lalime should get back in nets ASAP to rebound from his mediocre performance on Long Island.  Having him think about some of those bad goals until Saturday might not be good.

On the other hand, Jacques said he was going to start Prusek against the Islanders but Prusek's wife went and had a baby and messed his plans up.  Jacques stuck to his guns though, and will start Prusek tonight.  What do you guys think?
No chowder for you, clams have feelings too

Offline punkcokey

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2003, 09:08:41 AM »
Well... I guess it is better to start Prusek when Lalime is cold rather than when Patty is on a roll.  In my opinion the keys to victory are staying out of the box and for Prusek to rebound from his previous game with a solid effort.

Offline DallasSENSFan

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2003, 11:33:17 AM »
Prusek's previous game was not as bad as Lalimes previous game! Give the kid a chance he's bound to come up huge against the Oil...At least I sure hope so...How do you describe Lalimes last game as mediocre
It was Horrid!
16 playoff wins=Holy Grail.....Sens 2006...Can't wait to pad the stats against the Blues!

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2003, 11:53:03 AM »
Prusek should do just fine.  He was a solid backup last year and I have no reason to think differently this year.  He may let in a few goals we don't like but in the same token, the kid plays to win and should make the key saves when needed.
“Being politically correct....not my forte”

Offline JAY-MAN

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
yeah thats right
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2003, 12:42:56 PM »
I like Prusek, sure he is the back up, but he had a good record last year, and even when he did lose, i dont think i have ever seen him horrible
its about skill,grit,determination and goaltending but most of all its about heart.

Offline kissmeimasensfan

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2003, 12:52:09 PM »
Quote from: DallasSENSFan
Prusek's previous game was not as bad as Lalimes previous game! Give the kid a chance he's bound to come up huge against the Oil...At least I sure hope so...How do you describe Lalimes last game as mediocre
It was Horrid!

Alright, maybe it was on the horrid side of mediocre, but he DID have some big saves.  I liked to see how he battled back after letting in some stinkers.    :)
No chowder for you, clams have feelings too

Offline diehardsensfan!

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2003, 01:02:30 PM »
I think with Prusek in nets, the sens will be better defensively and play harder, because they won't have Lalime to save their but, like he has a number of times already this season. Should be a good one though, Oiler games are usually entertaining, and when the sens play the westerm Cdn. teams they usually are quite entertaining anyways.  :D

Offline i luv havlat

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
    • NHLHOTTOPICS
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2003, 02:40:07 PM »
i just hope that the sens won't keep relying on their goalie to bail them out. but i'm sure prusek will do i fine job( i hope!)

Offline sens_fan_6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2003, 04:34:52 PM »
Prusek needs to play some games also, so I think the situation is normal. I think it was better to give Lalime a rest, he's been working hard so far this season.
Go Sens Go!

Offline jubejubed

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2003, 04:39:58 PM »
Quote from: sens_fan_6
Prusek needs to play some games also, so I think the situation is normal. I think it was better to give Lalime a rest, he's been working hard so far this season.

Agreed, although I was surprised he didn't play against the Isles instead of the playing against the Oil now. Either way, the team should play a much better game tonight, no matter who's in net. And Prusek should be hoping to redeem himself. Can't wait.

Offline Marian_Hossa18

• NHL Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2003, 04:48:09 PM »
i dont really care who plays,as long as we play our best we have a great chance to win this game.one thing.last 2 games the sens played the oilers they were both shutouts by lalime though...
GO SENS GO!

Offline TrentBlue

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thismagazine.ca
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2003, 04:52:01 PM »
Quote from: DallasSENSFan
It was Horrid!

I disagree with your analysis Dallas.  You see when Prusek played his last game he and he alone cost us the win.  The team showed up for that game.  Lalime was only one of many problems in the last game.  Ottawa started strong but then fell back into the poor habits they've developed in recent play.  Prusek let in three wrap around goals and WAS the reason we lost.  He has to play again, but if he costs us another win I think we should take him out back and take him out of his misery.

Offline The Sensation

• NHL Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.cyber-nhl.org
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2003, 06:42:55 PM »
Hey all, been away for a while...

Anyway Lalime needs this time off. In his last game against the Islanders, Patrick Lalime seemed a bit tired and his head was not completely in the game...

C'mon Prusek "strut some stuff"   8)
?Absolute destruction is the only perfection possible!? - Dark Hadou Ryu

Offline SENSfreak_03

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2003, 12:50:48 PM »
i dunno about you guys, but whenever the oilers rushed the net i wasnt confident, or the shots from the point, with lalime in nets i have confidence that he will save them, so far this year with prusek its kinda will he save it? with more games he will probably get more comfortable in nets, but right now, im a little worried with him.

Offline plcamp

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2003, 01:45:20 PM »
I am just as or more worried with Lalime.
I have never had a thought which I could not set down in words, with even more distinctness than that which I conceived it

Offline i luv havlat

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
    • NHLHOTTOPICS
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2003, 03:48:55 PM »
i thought prusek did a pretty ok job last night, considering it was his second game of the season. Seriously though, the sens need to stop relying on their goalies.