Author Topic: Heatley Traded - TSN  (Read 36936 times)

Offline sensfan1984

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Re: Heatley Traded - TSN
« Reply #360 on: October 13, 2009, 01:16:57 PM »
Because anybody who watched the Sens in the playoffs would know that out of our three best offensive weapons, Heatley was consistently the worse out of the three and was mostly a passenger.  His offensive numbers are far from equal in the playoffs when compared to the regular season, and it is quite a telling stat when our "playmaker" has consistently scored more playoff goals than our "goal scorer".

Precisely.

Offline moxie

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • A Proud Member of The P.P.A.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 13, 2009, 04:29:48 PM »
Because anybody who watched the Sens in the playoffs would know that out of our three best offensive weapons, Heatley was consistently the worse out of the three and was mostly a passenger.  His offensive numbers are far from equal in the playoffs when compared to the regular season, and it is quite a telling stat when our "playmaker" has consistently scored more playoff goals than our "goal scorer".

Huh?

'06 Reg - 1.3PPG
'06 Playoff - 1.2PPG

'07 Reg - 1.3PPG
'07 Playoff - 1.1PPG

'08 is irrelevant, every single guy on the team other than Chris Neil sucked balls and embarrassed themselves.

Heatley still managed 0.8PPG after separating his shoulder during the regular season.
He could drink like hell, he could fight like hell.

Offline PiePants

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 13, 2009, 04:51:35 PM »
Reading comprehension is a problem?  I clearly stated that stats don't present the whole, and that most of Heatley's points in the playoffs have come off leaching Alfie and/or Spezza.  If you want to play the stats game:

'06 Reg - 0.61 GPG
'06 Playoff - 0.30 GPG

'07 Reg - 0.61 GPG
'07 Playoff - 0.35 GPG

That's a 50% reduction in what he's supposed to be known for (scoring goals), while someone like Spezza scored more goals than Heatley did in both those years (0.5 GPG in '06 & 0.35 GPG in '07).  So if Heatley is scoring at a less than a 30 goal pace in the post season, and SJ's problem has been scoring goals to win games, how is the addition of Heatley helping them?  Again, it's a telling stat when our playmaker has scored more goals in the playoffs than our former 50 goal scorer in those same seasons.

Offline moxie

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 13, 2009, 05:04:07 PM »
Maybe you should go back and re-read what you wrote, little buddy. The stats are clear, the guy produces roughly the same offensive output regardless of time of year. We'll see what our "elite playmaker's" numbers look like without Heatley "leaching" numbers off him come years end.  :drink:

Offline PiePants

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 13, 2009, 05:38:05 PM »
But stats don't tell the whole picture as many have said in the past including you.  Anyone who's watched Dany for any significant amount of time over the years will tell you that Heatley in Ottawa is a considerably different player than Heatley was in Atlanta, or that Heatley in the regular season is considerably different than Heatley in the playoffs, or that Heatley at the World Championships is considerably different than Heatley in the playoffs or at the Olympics.  The fact remains that SJ brought in Heatley to be the elite goal scorer they have been missing to compliment Joe Thorton so that they can finally get past the first round, when Heatley hasn't shown any degree of elite goal scoring in the playoffs while in Ottawa.  The stats are clear on that.

Offline SzuperChicky

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Offcial Coach Clouston Groupie
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 13, 2009, 09:38:07 PM »
Heatley's not exactly my idea of a clutch player or good under pressure.  I don't mind him gone for the playoffs... on the other side, Michalek and Cheechoo haven't been too much better as it stands... but at least those two will go into the corners, fight for the puck and won't fold when hit.
Game Day & Prediction Threads HERE

Douchebag List:
Dany Heatley, Corey Perry, Bill McCreary, Dave Branch, Ryan Kesler

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 14, 2009, 12:07:30 PM »
 :icon_agree:  Winner.

For me it's all about the work ethic.  Something Heatley avoids.... For a big boy, he sure is soft.
“Being politically correct....not my forte”

Offline sensfan1984

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 14, 2009, 12:18:16 PM »
But stats don't tell the whole picture as many have said in the past including you.  Anyone who's watched Dany for any significant amount of time over the years will tell you that Heatley in Ottawa is a considerably different player than Heatley was in Atlanta, or that Heatley in the regular season is considerably different than Heatley in the playoffs, or that Heatley at the World Championships is considerably different than Heatley in the playoffs or at the Olympics.  The fact remains that SJ brought in Heatley to be the elite goal scorer they have been missing to compliment Joe Thorton so that they can finally get past the first round, when Heatley hasn't shown any degree of elite goal scoring in the playoffs while in Ottawa.  The stats are clear on that.

It's a waste of time to go into such detail with him. You've clearly proven your point with facts, but he would rather come back with insults than admit he was wrong.

Offline FBK

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 14, 2009, 12:48:18 PM »
:icon_agree:  Winner.

For me it's all about the work ethic.  Something Heatley avoids.... For a big boy, he sure is soft.
:icon_agree:
RAP AND HIP-HOP FOR LIFE

Offline moxie

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 14, 2009, 12:51:54 PM »
It's a waste of time to go into such detail with him. You've clearly proven your point with facts, but he would rather come back with insults than admit he was wrong.

I have no problem saying I am wrong in the rare case that I actually am, but this thread is just a bunch of butt-hurt fans who are kidding themselves, including you. Tell yourselves whatever you need to.  :drink:

Offline sensfan1984

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 14, 2009, 12:56:18 PM »
I have no problem saying I am wrong in the rare case that I actually am, but this thread is just a bunch of butt-hurt fans who are kidding themselves, including you. Tell yourselves whatever you need to.  :drink:
Rare case?  :A_laughing_matter: Sure little buddy

And I'm not hurt by Heatley's desire to leave. If you recall I was the one that started the discussion about the benefits of trading Heatley about a month before his trade request. I've also made most of the same points as PiePants over the past couple years when discussing Heatley's playoff performance (and in my many posts defending Spezza).

Offline moxie

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 14, 2009, 01:25:15 PM »
Nice job MacGyver. Keep up the good work.  :thumbsup:

Offline sensfan1984

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 14, 2009, 01:43:26 PM »
Nice job MacGyver. Keep up the good work.  :thumbsup:

Typical response from you. I guess it's easy to be "rarely wrong" when you bring so little to the table.

Offline FBK

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 14, 2009, 01:48:56 PM »
Does anyone know if michalek plays good when he is under pressure? Or is he like the pathitic Dany ****ing heatley which plays which plays like gratts when he is under preassure.
RAP AND HIP-HOP FOR LIFE

Offline stone169

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 14, 2009, 02:44:04 PM »
So far I've liked both Michalek and Cheechoo.  Both work their butts off and aren't afraid to get into the middle of things.  Concerning Heatley, I said all last season that he was a floater and I'm sure that nothing has changed.  We got rid of someone who lacks heart and character for two guys who definitely bring that to the table.  I'll take Michalek and Cheechoo over Dany F***ing Heatley any day.
There are good coaches and there are bad coaches, the real question is "Do you want this person to be a role model to your kids for the next 6 months".  That's the question you have to ask yourself.

Go Sarnia Jr. Sting Minor Midget MD!!!!!

Offline sensfan1984

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: October 14, 2009, 02:44:56 PM »
Does anyone know if michalek plays good when he is under pressure? Or is he like the pathitic Dany ****ing heatley which plays which plays like gratts when he is under preassure.

He hasn't produced very much in the playoffs either. The entire sharks team choked in the playoffs, so that probably didn't help.

Having watched SJ consistently over the past couple years, I've noticed he always generates his points through odd man rushes and breakaways. Since the game tightens up in the playoffs, he's never really gotten those same chances.

Offline moxie

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 14, 2009, 02:54:39 PM »
Of course he hasn't produced much in the **** playoffs. As I've posted many times, the guy is chronically injured in the playoffs.

Offline moxie

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 14, 2009, 02:59:09 PM »
Typical response from you. I guess it's easy to be "rarely wrong" when you bring so little to the table.

Yeah, it's a real shame that you aren't interested in learning anything from a highly educated, vastly experienced, real hockey guy like myself.

Offline Broken Bones

• Public Relations Guy...
  • Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • I'm the pain in your ass...
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 14, 2009, 03:10:05 PM »
Yeah, it's a real shame that you aren't interested in learning anything from a highly educated, vastly experienced, real hockey guy like myself.

And aren't we full of ourselves today?

Offline sensfan1984

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 14, 2009, 03:57:36 PM »

By highly educated you must be referring only to hockey  :laugh2:. I sincerely doubt there is anything else of real value you could possibly teach me.

If you're as knowledgeable as you say you are about hockey, perhaps you could put a little more effort into your posts. You usually come across as an idiot.