Author Topic: Tiger Woods in Serious Condition  (Read 22570 times)

Offline CupintheCapital

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
The truth of sport plays rings around you

Offline Broken Bones

• Public Relations Guy...
  • Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • I'm the pain in your ass...
    • View Profile
Re: Tiger Woods in Serious Condition
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 03:18:43 PM »
Could it be that all these years Woods may have had a substance abuse problem?  Seems odd to include that he struck a fire hydrant and a tree at 2:30am and that charges were pending.  No mention of any other car being involved.

Edit:  Never mind my statement re: substance abuse.

Quote from: TSN
The highway patrol said the crash is still under investigation, and charges are pending. However, the highway patrol said the crash was not alcohol-related.

Offline CupintheCapital

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 03:21:02 PM »
Could it be that all these years Woods may have had a substance abuse problem?  Seems odd to include that he struck a fire hydrant and a tree at 2:30am and that charges were pending.  No mention of any other car being involved.

It would not be out of the question for sure.  How does the cop know this already?  Not reasonable to assume anything but did they do a breathalyser in the ambulance?  Not likely.  Could be wrong though.

Offline Broken Bones

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 03:36:48 PM »
It would not be out of the question for sure.  How does the cop know this already?  Not reasonable to assume anything but did they do a breathalyser in the ambulance?  Not likely.  Could be wrong though.

TSN already reported that alcohol was not a factor, but that also doesn't rule out other drugs, even over the counter.  I'd hate to think Woods has a problem and that this was just simply a freak accident.  But how else does one explain charges pending in a single vehicle collision (as no other car has been reported to be involved) involving a tree and fire hydrant.

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 03:39:32 PM »
wreckless driving aka...speeding??
“Being politically correct....not my forte”

Offline Broken Bones

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2009, 03:42:00 PM »
wreckless driving aka...speeding??

But he was pulling out of his driveway apparently, unless he was speeding out of his driveway?

Offline CupintheCapital

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 03:49:26 PM »
Okay, its now "facial lacerations" and he has been released.  Sigh.  Good news for sure, but what an example of our raw information posing as news. 

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2009, 03:53:50 PM »
But he was pulling out of his driveway apparently, unless he was speeding out of his driveway?

Well, he is a very wealthy person.  His driveway COULD be long enough to allow for "speeding" out of it. :)

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2009, 03:58:27 PM »
Airbags did not deploy so police, I heard, did not think that speed was a factor.

However, addiction to painkillers is one of the leading substance abuse problems (think...mmmm...Michael Jackson) in North America today.  And Tiger has had some potential pain problems in the not-too-distant past.  It's a weird time for a father with two small children to be going out for a drive, hitting a fire hydrant and bouncing off a tree.

On the other hand, just speculation on my part.
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline sensfan1984

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2009, 04:03:51 PM »

I think they can do blood tests to determine the blood alcohol level. Who knows if they actually did in this case..

Offline momr

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2009, 04:06:10 PM »
Holy cow - the speculation!    :I don't get it:

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2009, 04:15:37 PM »

Yup, I don't even watch Golf so I'm just posting cause I'm bored. :)

Offline CupintheCapital

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2009, 06:51:44 PM »

:icon_agree:

Yet without speculation this forum would suck!

Offline Broken Bones

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2009, 10:22:09 PM »
:icon_agree:

Yet without speculation this forum would suck!

Do you blame us?  Single car accident, 2:30am, hit a fire hydrant and tree, reports of serous injuries, and charges laid.  If it weren't for the report of charges being laid, then there would be no need for the speculation that there was.

Offline CupintheCapital

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2009, 06:50:54 AM »
Do you blame us?  Single car accident, 2:30am, hit a fire hydrant and tree, reports of serous injuries, and charges laid.  If it weren't for the report of charges being laid, then there would be no need for the speculation that there was.

No BB, I don't blame anyone.  I am not judging just observing.

As I read the story this morning the narrative is now that the police came upon Tiger laying on the ground with his wife standing over him.  She had a golf club.  She claims to have rushed out of the house with a gold club after hearing the accident and smashed the back window out to save him. 

The day before this rumours of an affair were rampant.  So one has to speculate that perhaps this is a 2 am domestic dispute and that the golf club was not a rescue device, it was a weapon. 

Do I care about Tiger that much?  Nope, just a very curious story that is clearly a spin, damage control. 

Now THATS speculation LOL. 

Offline Broken Bones

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2009, 11:38:03 AM »
This could be interesting. I mean, the question some may be asking is, who looks and grabs a golf club before running outside to see the accident.  Mind you, there was no information provided in the TSN story I just read that said his wife ran out with the club, or returned to get the club after seeing his condition.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2009, 12:35:08 PM »
The 'spin' on CNN last night, while interviewing the police chief for the area, was that when Elin got out there, the car was locked, Tiger was unconscious and she ran back to the house to get a club to break the window.    But then Gary Tuchman (the CNN interviewer) asked "That's strange...whey did she not grab the second set of keys?".

In an article I read today, some were speculating that since Tiger is reported not to be a 'very good sleeper" he might have been on his way to work out at the golf club's fitness centre....to which I wondered 'Really? it stays open 24 hours?' (and it might....I honestly don't know about that).

Either way, major damage control has gone into play.  But with how closely Tiger guards his privacy, the "real" story will likely never come out in its entirety, IMHO.
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline CupintheCapital

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2009, 12:49:58 PM »
The 'spin' on CNN last night, while interviewing the police chief for the area, was that when Elin got out there, the car was locked, Tiger was unconscious and she ran back to the house to get a club to break the window.    But then Gary Tuchman (the CNN interviewer) asked "That's strange...whey did she not grab the second set of keys?".

In an article I read today, some were speculating that since Tiger is reported not to be a 'very good sleeper" he might have been on his way to work out at the golf club's fitness centre....to which I wondered 'Really? it stays open 24 hours?' (and it might....I honestly don't know about that).

Either way, major damage control has gone into play.  But with how closely Tiger guards his privacy, the "real" story will likely never come out in its entirety, IMHO.

Bang on Rose.  This is a guy whose image is as important as his skill.  I do however get a laugh out of the whole "Erin rescues Tiger " story;  hysterically funny. 

Offline CupintheCapital

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2009, 12:59:27 PM »
Just for fun:

Tiger Woods: Injuries Caused by Wife, Not SUV

Posted Nov 28th 2009 12:08AM

Tiger has yet to be formally interviewed by the Florida Highway Patrol -- that should happen this afternoon. But we're told Tiger had a conversation Friday -- with a non-law enforcement type -- detailing what went down before his Escalade hit a fire hydrant.

We're told he said his wife had confronted him about reports that he was seeing another woman. The argument got heated and, according to our source, she scratched his face up. We're told it was then Woods beat a hasty retreat for his SUV -- but according to our source, Woods says his wife followed behind with a golf club. As Tiger drove away, she struck the vehicle several times with the club.

We're told Woods became "distracted," thought the vehicle was stopped, and looked to see what had happened. At that point the SUV hit the fire hydrant and then hit a tree.

We're also told Woods had said during the conversation Friday he had been taking prescription pain medication for an injury, which could explain why he seemed somewhat out of it at the scene.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/28/tiger-woods-elin-nordegren-fight-accident-suv-lacerations/

Offline FBK

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2009, 03:03:32 PM »
Looks like he is not in a healthy relationship  :icon_hiding2:
I hope golf stops for a little while untill his injuries heal.
RAP AND HIP-HOP FOR LIFE