Author Topic: Tiger Woods in Serious Condition  (Read 22571 times)

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Re: Tiger Woods in Serious Condition
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2009, 06:29:51 PM »
And it is to be remembered that Elin had a baby about eight months ago.  Post-partum depression could easily result in a young mom swinging a golf club at a departing SUV. :nod:
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline CupintheCapital

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2009, 07:36:06 PM »
And it is to be remembered that Elin had a baby about eight months ago.  Post-partum depression could easily result in a young mom swinging a golf club at a departing SUV. :nod:

I can imagine! 

Another odd angle to this story revolves around the woman tied to the affair rumours ;

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/12/fashion/weddings/12VOWS.html?_r=1

The truth of sport plays rings around you

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2009, 07:51:32 PM »
Can't see that article, as it requires registration.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don’t need it"

Offline CupintheCapital

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2009, 07:18:39 AM »

Interesting person is she.  Front and centre during 9/11, builds a whole new life , front and centre with Tiger as we await the release of.....911 tapes. 

Industry Insiders: Rachel Uchitel, VIP Diva
By
Chris Mohney
June 26, 2008

Rachel Uchitel has run the velvet ropes from Las Vegas to the Hamptons. Uchitel's come a long way -- she lost her fiancée in the World Trade Center attacks on 9/11, found love again, then moved on once more. After conquering so many obstacles and returning east to manage VIP action at some of the most successful clubs in New York, she has no plans to slow down.

Occupations: "I'm obsessed with work ethic and can get anything done. I'm aware of what I am good at and what I am not, and I surround myself with people to help get the job done flawlessly. Having once worked in live TV, I'm intuitive about reading people's wants and needs, and I take customer service to a whole new level. It can be difficult being a successful woman in this industry because being assertive is often misinterpreted as being a complete bitch. I take people's opinion of me personally, and that can be rough."

Case History: “After college, I worked in TV and film, which included five years as a television producer at Bloomberg News. In a random career move and a life-changing experience, I found myself living in Las Vegas to launch Tao nightclub and restaurant, which quickly became the number-one grossing venue in the world. Two years later, I was back in New York to oversee VIP operations for all of their companies and venues, such as Stanton Social, Marquee, Tao Bistro, and Dune."

Current Biz: “I’m currently director of VIP operations for Pink Elephant in Southampton. I spend my weekends at the beach with the two loves of my life—Ozzy Osbourne and Rudy Giuliani—my affenpinscher and brussels griffin. I’m back in the city during the week. In the Hamptons, I’m obsessed with Nello, Lily Pond (where the cutest guy in New York works, who I am crushing on), and of course Pink Elephant. I own a Turnberry apartment in Vegas. I love going there for long weekends when it’s not too hot out. I love Saint-Tropez and spend a few weeks there every year. The Four Seasons in Thailand (Chiang Mai) is my favorite place in the world.”

Known Associates: “Although I’ve been romantically linked to a famous baseball player, a Broadway star, a musician, and various film and television actors, I will never kiss and tell! Some of the simplest things in life make me happy, and I want to end up with someone who truly loves and respects me for who I am. I have amazing friends and acquaintances that have been so generous to me, both personally and professionally, and they’re part of who and where I am at this stage in my life. I’m lucky to get paid to just be who I am, and am so grateful to be surrounded by the people I know and love that I have met through work.

Projections: “My grandparents owned and operated El Morocco supperclub in the 1960s; famous people from President John F. Kennedy to Cary Grant frequented the place on a regular basis. I’ve held on to my family’s memorabilia, and my dream is to re-create, own, and operate a modern-day El Morocco. Where am I a year from now? Standing over design renderings of my new club with a fabulous investor, still yet to be found.”

Photos: Ann Lawlor

Prime Movers interviews A-listers from the business and leisure realm of nightlife, restaurants, hotels, and more.

http://www.blackbookmag.com/article/prime-mover-rachel-uchitel-vip-diva/3300

Offline CupintheCapital

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2009, 07:21:28 AM »
A Game of 20 Questions:

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/10444906/20-questions-about-Tiger-Woods%7C-accident

Whats up with Tiger avoiding police questioning?  Does he want Dick Cheney present or something? 

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2009, 09:13:39 AM »
A Game of 20 Questions:

http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/10444906/20-questions-about-Tiger-Woods%7C-accident

Whats up with Tiger avoiding police questioning?  Does he want Dick Cheney present or something? 

One word can sum up answers to most of those questions..... MONEY.  Why do you think his reputation has been so squeaky clean so far?  When you make a Billion dollars, you can afford to have the "right-closed mouth" people around you.  Dare I say even the cops can be bought to keep their traps shut. 

The most intriguing part to me is the part that his wife broke out the back window and dragged him out of the car.  For such a petite woman, she is pretty strong.  ;)  And if there was no danger of the car exploding or that Woods was in any real danger, why move him at all.  Would you move your loved one if in a car accident and not in imminent danger?  I might get in the car and stop some bleeding but I would be afraid he had a broken neck or back or something serious. 

Lots of unanswered questions, and where it isn't any of our business if the two were fighting before hand, he isn't helping himself out by keeping quiet and avoiding the cops.   :popcorn:

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2009, 10:53:26 AM »
The cops want to speak with him to see if he wants to lay charges against his wife for battery/assault, IMHO.  He won't want to, so he isn't talking.  The DA could lay the charge on behalf of the State but we all know THAT'S not going to happen.

He better spend some of his big bucks and have some sort of statement put out ASAP or the speculation will continue.  I know he guards his privacy fiercely (heck!  his yacht is named "Privacy"), but with the internet and his fame and pretty much everything else, even Tiger Woods is not going to be able to shut this down completely.
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2009, 01:19:09 PM »
Wonder what type of "morals clause" Tiger has in his Nike, etc. endorsement deals?  Might be another reason for the close-mouthed way of dealing with this.  I just saw an Australian TV report on this and it said that the police "were turned away again today" to interview either Tiger or Elin.  It also stated that the 911 tapes are scheduled to be released today or tomorrow.

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2009, 01:34:42 PM »
Wonder what type of "morals clause" Tiger has in his Nike, etc. endorsement deals?  Might be another reason for the close-mouthed way of dealing with this.  I just saw an Australian TV report on this and it said that the police "were turned away again today" to interview either Tiger or Elin.  It also stated that the 911 tapes are scheduled to be released today or tomorrow.

Wouldn't turning away the police in an investigation be considered obstruction of justice? 

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2009, 01:38:32 PM »
Wouldn't turning away the police in an investigation be considered obstruction of justice? 

For 'everyday Joes and Josephines' like you and I, likely yes. :smily677:

Offline Broken Bones

• Public Relations Guy...
  • Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • I'm the pain in your ass...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2009, 02:04:41 PM »
The 'spin' on CNN last night, while interviewing the police chief for the area, was that when Elin got out there, the car was locked, Tiger was unconscious and she ran back to the house to get a club to break the window.    But then Gary Tuchman (the CNN interviewer) asked "That's strange...whey did she not grab the second set of keys?".

In an article I read today, some were speculating that since Tiger is reported not to be a 'very good sleeper" he might have been on his way to work out at the golf club's fitness centre....to which I wondered 'Really? it stays open 24 hours?' (and it might....I honestly don't know about that).

Either way, major damage control has gone into play.  But with how closely Tiger guards his privacy, the "real" story will likely never come out in its entirety, IMHO.

It's not unreasonable to think his gym stays open 24 hours.  In the US there is a "24 Hour Fitness" chain, here in Ottawa there are even a couple private gyms that are also open 24 hours.

When I read that his wife smashed out the back window of his car, it left me wondering why the back window if he is in the driver's seat?  I mean, this is a SUV we are talking about here, you have the front seats, the rear seats, and then the cargo area.  I get not smashing out the front two windows as you don't want to risk further injury, but I think the most reasonable thing would be to do is a) grab the spare set of car keys from the house before grabbing a golf club to smash windows, or b) smash out the rear passenger side windows, reach in, unlock the car, get immediate access to Woods in the driver's seat.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2009, 04:32:59 PM »
It's not unreasonable to think his gym stays open 24 hours.  In the US there is a "24 Hour Fitness" chain, here in Ottawa there are even a couple private gyms that are also open 24 hours.

It's not unreasonable but kind of unlikely, IMHO.  Especially since the gym he works out in is at the exclusive golf course that he and other multi-millionaires have membership.  And considering billionaires like Tiger might possibly have a home gym outfitted in their multi-million dollar homes, I personally am not buying this 'possibility' of where he was headed.  There are 24 hour fitness facilities here in Ottawa but not too many people with mega-bucks belong to them by what I can see.

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2009, 04:35:35 PM »
It's not unreasonable but kind of unlikely, IMHO.  Especially since the gym he works out in is at the exclusive golf course that he and other multi-millionaires have membership.  And considering billionaires like Tiger might possibly have a home gym outfitted in their multi-million dollar homes, I personally am not buying this 'possibility' of where he was headed.  There are 24 hour fitness facilities here in Ottawa but not too many people with mega-bucks belong to them by what I can see.

Ya, if I had half the money he does I'd have a huge ass house with my own gym.  Screw driving to one. :)

Offline CupintheCapital

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2009, 06:45:07 AM »
The truth will set you free.  Or , failing that, cadres of lawyers, spin doctors, gated community neighbours, sponsors,cops and consultants can help you stay caged. 

The most  painful stuff in my life has always been magnified by any attempts to conceal, to hide, to run. 

I sense a sudden departure for the UAE, he would move into Michaels old place.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2009, 09:34:52 AM »
Tiger should take a page out of David Letterman's book and just 'fess up and move on.  Letterman is another person very private about his personal life (overall considering the medium he is in) and he knew that, in the end, it was best for him to own up to his transgression so that the speculation, innuendo, etc. would fade faster than dragging it out.  Unfortunately, the 'bigger' you are, the deeper the media will dig to 'get the story'.  This could drag on for a very long time otherwise, IMHO.  Letterman had to deal with 2-3 weeks of it being a "story" and then it faded away which must be much easier on his family in the long run.

Offline Broken Bones

• Public Relations Guy...
  • Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • I'm the pain in your ass...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2009, 10:07:35 AM »
I agree with that statement rose, the best thing to do is to clear the air, it will give the media what it will want for the short term and after that there won't be any further story for them to try to dig up, which means he would no longer be in the headlines for stories that may not be entirely accurate to begin with.

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2009, 10:43:31 AM »
An interesting fact is that the manager, or whatever, of the club he belongs to denied they ever had an affair and promptly retained a lawyer.  Hmm, there's more going on here then meets the eye.  I say he was sneaking out of the house at 2:30 a.m. with a little too much wobbly pop in his system and smoked the hydrant and tree. :)  That or he was looking down for the gate control and when he looked up his wife was standing in the driveway with a 9 iron and he swerved to avoid her?  Oh, the speculation can go on and on eh Tiger?

Fess up and move on buddy, best ya can do.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2009, 03:20:24 PM »
Apparently Tiger will be meeting with the police today along with his lawyer.  The police have subpoenaed his medical records from the hospital to see "if the injuries incurred could be the result of a low speed impact".  Seems to me the police are trying to determine if domestic abuse was the cause of his injuries...or not.  No doubt his PR people are working overtime trying to make sure they can smooth the waters as information "leaks" out.

Offline CupintheCapital

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2009, 04:16:39 PM »
Who is advising the guy right now?  A committee of people? 

Whoever it is has led him astray.  Mind you, this guy is pathologically secretive and lives in Stepford Wivesville. It could well be that he is calling the shots. 

His statement was just fuel for the rumours and speculation. 

Offline CupintheCapital

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2009, 04:29:45 PM »
Okay, now he's pretty sore and has ruled out anymore golf tournaments for the year.

Covering up physical abuse is pathetic when you consider the countless people who had to risk everything and did not have the wealth and status he has.  Frankly, the guy is a man child and if this takes him and his hissy fits out of the golf world for awhile then fine. 

Dubai could use a wealthy investor.