Author Topic: Tiger Woods in Serious Condition  (Read 22572 times)

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
Re: Tiger Woods in Serious Condition
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2009, 04:33:13 PM »
Okay, now he's pretty sore and has ruled out anymore golf tournaments for the year.

Covering up physical abuse is pathetic when you consider the countless people who had to risk everything and did not have the wealth and status he has.  Frankly, the guy is a man child and if this takes him and his hissy fits out of the golf world for awhile then fine. 

Dubai could use a wealthy investor. 
:icon_agree:

Ya, I hear they are having money troubles over there. :)  Poor them and their fake Islands, indoor ski hills and mercedes made of gold.  I wouldn't blink if that place went under water overnight.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2009, 04:40:19 PM »
The latest I have heard from the police who were investigating is that, according to Woods' lawyer/official spokesperson, "an interview with the police is optional". 

There is now little doubt, in my mind, that Tiger and Elin had an argument - about something - and they don't want anything else known but that.

However, while I respect their privacy, domestic abuse - by either spouse - is something that should, at least, be on the official record (which it likely  won't be in this case due to those records becoming public).  Look at what happened in the reverse when no one took Nicole Simpson seriously about the abuse she was enduring at the hands of her husband and those, her relatives included, who "hid" it so as not to besmirch his "Heisman Hero", NFL all-star status.  Yep...that worked out really well, didn't it?   :shake:
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline CupintheCapital

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2009, 04:50:00 PM »
The latest I have heard from the police who were investigating is that, according to Woods' lawyer/official spokesperson, "an interview with the police is optional". 

There is now little doubt, in my mind, that Tiger and Elin had an argument - about something - and they don't want anything else known but that.

However, while I respect their privacy, domestic abuse - by either spouse - is something that should, at least, be on the official record (which it likely  won't be in this case due to those records becoming public).  Look at what happened in the reverse when no one took Nicole Simpson seriously about the abuse she was enduring at the hands of her husband and those, her relatives included, who "hid" it so as not to besmirch his "Heisman Hero", NFL all-star status.  Yep...that worked out really well, didn't it?   :shake:

Well said Rose. 

And Jasonf6, its already happening.  The worrying part about Dubai is that, in the end,  it will be taken out of the hide of many,many vulnerable workers more than any rich elite. 
The truth of sport plays rings around you

Offline CupintheCapital

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2009, 07:32:47 PM »
From TMZ (for what its worth lol):

Security in Tiger Woods' private community has ramped up to the point where even the people who live there are being told where they can and cannot go.

Sources tell TMZ residents are being kept away from Tiger's infamous crash site and one resident even had his camera's memory card confiscated by Isleworth security.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0YOP2dCU2

Offline Special J

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2009, 09:33:37 AM »
What has happened to the world when ESPN and TSN are using TMZ as a valid source?

"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." - Homer Simpson

Offline Broken Bones

• Public Relations Guy...
  • Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • I'm the pain in your ass...
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2009, 09:37:24 AM »
What has happened to the world when ESPN and TSN are using TMZ as a valid source?

From what I have seen on TSN, I don't think they are accepting it as a valid source.  If I recall correctly, when I watched a video news update on TSN, they mentioned as reported on TMZ and to take it for what it's worth.

Offline sensfan1984

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2009, 11:38:32 AM »
Why do you people feel so entitled ? Why do you have the RIGHT to know what goes on in Tiger's house?

"He needs to come out and talk about it".. No, he doesn't. I wouldn't either.  :duh

Offline momr

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2009, 12:07:05 PM »
Why do you people feel so entitled ? Why do you have the RIGHT to know what goes on in Tiger's house?

"He needs to come out and talk about it".. No, he doesn't. I wouldn't either.  :duh

Cause we live in the TMZ generation.  Personally I liked pro sports much better when we knew less about their personal lives. 

Offline Broken Bones

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2009, 12:10:14 PM »
I have no interest in anybody's personal life, all I am interested in is what caused the accident.

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2009, 12:26:41 PM »
I have no interest in anybody's personal life, all I am interested in is what caused the accident.

Why?
Proud member of the P.P.A. since 2008.

Offline Broken Bones

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2009, 12:34:08 PM »
Because the cause of an accident may be in the interest of the public.  I don't care because it is Tiger Woods that was involved, just the accident in itself seems odd and it is logical for the public to know was the cause something of which that could have put the general public in danger, or is the cause strictly limited to the events that took place right then and there and had no possibility of happening in more public roads.

Offline Special J

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2009, 12:46:31 PM »
From what I have seen on TSN, I don't think they are accepting it as a valid source.  If I recall correctly, when I watched a video news update on TSN, they mentioned as reported on TMZ and to take it for what it's worth.

Then you missed the grainy watermarked photos they splashed all over SportCentre.

I started to change the channel since I thought I was watching ET Canada.
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." - Homer Simpson

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2009, 12:56:43 PM »
Because the cause of an accident may be in the interest of the public.  I don't care because it is Tiger Woods that was involved, just the accident in itself seems odd and it is logical for the public to know was the cause something of which that could have put the general public in danger, or is the cause strictly limited to the events that took place right then and there and had no possibility of happening in more public roads.

Really???  You think that much about a minor accident that you're concerned about the general public and the possibility of it happening on more public roads?  I guess until his wife starts running after his car on a main road while swinging a golf club, I'm pretty sure it's a one off and you can rest easy.

I've never found any issues with anything TMZ has reported.  In a lot of cases they are spot on and ahead of the mainstream media.  A lot of what they cover is meaningless to me but with real news stories they are as good as the rest of them.

Offline sensfan1984

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2009, 02:07:14 PM »
Cause we live in the TMZ generation.  Personally I liked pro sports much better when we knew less about their personal lives. 
:icon_agree:

Offline Broken Bones

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2009, 02:23:51 PM »
Really???  You think that much about a minor accident that you're concerned about the general public and the possibility of it happening on more public roads?  I guess until his wife starts running after his car on a main road while swinging a golf club, I'm pretty sure it's a one off and you can rest easy.

I've never found any issues with anything TMZ has reported.  In a lot of cases they are spot on and ahead of the mainstream media.  A lot of what they cover is meaningless to me but with real news stories they are as good as the rest of them.

And that is based on your assumption that the cause of the accident was indeed a domestic dispute, at which case it would fall under the circumstance that the cause of the accident was strictly related to the incidents that took an extremely private matter.

However, if you get out of assuming the cause, it could be something where it's a drug related accident.  While media reports have stated that alcohol was not a factor, none have said the same that drugs could not be a possible factor.  And I am not suggesting Woods is an addict, but the possibility of him having a possible addition to pain killers is very real considering his injuries.  And if that is the cause of the accident, it is now something the public should be aware of as the accident could have happened at any time while he was behind the wheel.

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2009, 02:27:12 PM »
I think we all pretty well know what happened.....

Tiger is famous for suing people who write crap about him.  I haven't heard anything about him suing the National Inquirer.

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2009, 02:36:27 PM »
I, like Bones, would like to know WHY it happened if it wasn't domestic related.  However, I am interested on where he bought his yacht.  I want one. :)

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2009, 04:44:49 PM »
They're going to charge him with reckless driving.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20091201/woods_crash_091201/20091201?hub=TopStoriesV2

A $164 fine?  That's less than he pays for a pair of socks.  They should base charges on a percentage of your monthly income. :)  Say 5%.

Offline CupintheCapital

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2009, 05:53:15 PM »

I agree regarding the sense of entitlement.  I think that there is one aspects of this that is of interest to most of us that have posted

The Story IS the story , so to speak.  Its not him for the most part that is interesting, its the disintegration of one of the most managed images ever.    I find the same type of phenomena played out in the political realm.   Its also a great way to remember that ALL of the "news" is for public consumption and not to be taken as a truth (perhaps truthiness as Colbert would say). 

Geez, look at all the fundamentalist preaches and politicians who condemn gays from the pulpit and follow it up with a pipe full of crack and a male prostitute.  Phony is phony. 

We can add all kinds of psychosocial reasons but at the end of the day its a reminder that humility is not being humbled, its being that which you are--no more, no less.  Tiger clearly wanted more.

And, then there is this:

This squeaky-clean reputation has helped Woods become the richest athlete in history, the first billion-dollar man. His career course earnings are $92 million. Only when you factor in advertisements, corporate appearances and other off-course aspects of "Tiger Inc" does Woods reach billionaire status.

As the saying goes, behind every great fortune is a great crime. Following his car "accident" Woods's agent said that it is unclear whether he will attend his foundation's Chevron World Challenge Golf Tournament. In 2008, Chevron entered a five-year relationship with Tiger Woods' foundation under the guise of philanthropy. But if Woods had a shred of social conscience, this partnership would never have existed. Lawsuits have been issued against Chevron for dumping toxic waste all over the planet. Alaska, Canada, Brazil, Angola and California have all accused Chevron of dumping. Even worse, Chevron has a partnership with Burma's ruling military junta on the country's Yadana gas pipeline project, the single greatest source of revenue for the military, estimated at nearly $5 billion since the year 2000.

Ka Hsaw Wa, co-founder and executive director of EarthRights International, wrote in an open letter to Woods, "I myself have spoken to victims of forced labor, rape, and torture on Chevron's pipeline -- if you heard what they said to me, you too would understand how their tragic stories stand in stark contrast to Chevron's rhetoric about helping communities." Chevron is underwriting a dictatorship but Tiger Woods apparently sees them as upstanding corporate partners.

Then there is Dubai, the site of the first Tiger Woods-designed golf course. Located at the southern coast of the Persian Gulf, Dubai has been a symbol of both economic excess, and most recently, economic collapse. It has been called an "adult Disneyland" -- complete with indoor ski resorts and unspeakable human rights violations. As Johann Hari wrote in the Independent, it is a city that has been built over the last thirty years by slave labor. Paid foreign laborers work in more than 100-degree heat for less than three dollars a day. Dubai also has a reputation as ground zero of the global sex trade. The Tiger Woods Golf Course cost $100 million and Woods said nary a word about his benefactor's business practices. This is business as usual for Tiger who would sooner swallow a five-iron than take anything resembling a political stand

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dave-zirin/tiger-woods-deserves-your_b_374029.html

So, **** you Tiger. 

« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 07:00:15 AM by CupintheCapital »

Offline sensfan1984

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2009, 11:33:10 AM »
An article about Tiger. Regrets his "transgressions"

http://www.sportsnet.ca/golf/2009/12/02/woods_statement/