Author Topic: Game #81 Discussion ~ SENS @ Lightning ~ Thursday Apr. 8  (Read 4344 times)

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Re: Game #81 Discussion ~ SENS @ Lightning ~ Thursday Apr. 8
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2010, 03:09:07 PM »
Did anyone hear anything about how Mezzaros (SP) is doing after being hit in the neck by the puck?

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2010, 03:13:28 PM »
Did anyone hear anything about how Mezzaros (SP) is doing after being hit in the neck by the puck?

He was  back on the ice during the first shift of the third period, so I assume he's fine.

Seems to me that the commentators on the Sportsnet broadcast said during the third that training staff for the Lightning stated that it had hit his jaw. 
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2010, 03:17:51 PM »
Oh good to hear he was OK.  Thanks Rose.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2010, 03:18:51 PM »
Oh good to hear he was OK.  Thanks Rose.

You're very welcome!
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2010, 05:42:04 PM »
The brief fight between Hedman and Fisher was interesting insofar as you could pretty much read Fisher's lips when they were separated and he said something like "I wasn't going to fight you" which seems par for the course for Fish. 

Fisher was a gentleman with the kid.  It was a half punch and he didn't followup.  He could have destroyed him and he totally let up.    :thumbsup:

Neil on the other hand continues to prove that he's a moron.

Proud member of the P.P.A. since 2008.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2010, 06:07:42 PM »
Neil on the other hand continues to prove that he's a moron.

Why?

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2010, 06:17:54 PM »
I think he's getting dumber as he gets older.  He slewfoots a goalie and then yaps to the press about how the linesman should have let them go and Ohlund shouldn't have jumped in. 

From what I saw the goalie seemed to be doing pretty good when the linesman jumped in but be that as it may, did Ohlund do anything you wouldn't expect your defenceman to do if he saw his goalie getting into it with a fighter on the other team?

Neil has come full circle with me.  I thought he was a punk when he first came along, 3 years ago I thought he was great at what he did and he looked like a hockey player but now I think he's back to being a punk and I actually think he hurts the Sens now more than he helps them.  Too many stupid penalties and brain cramps.
Proud member of the P.P.A. since 2008.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2010, 07:14:06 PM »
Have to agree to disagree with you as far as the "punk" designation.  There are far more players in the League who wear that moniker for me to put Neil in with them.

I was not paying a lot of attention to the game - more listening than watching - until the score was 3-3 and I sat to watch the rest of it so I only saw replays of the incident.  Sounded like there was lots of stupidity going on overall.  I will say, however, that the TB goalie sure liked to wander all over the ice...very active goalie in that respect.

And I didn't think it was "wrong" for Ohlund to jump into the fray...most players would if their goalie was involved with a player - fighter or otherwise.  As far as Neil's comments afterwards, I didn't hear them.

Offline gared66

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2010, 09:34:00 PM »
Neil has come full circle with me.  I thought he was a punk when he first came along, 3 years ago I thought he was great at what he did and he looked like a hockey player but now I think he's back to being a punk and I actually think he hurts the Sens now more than he helps them.  Too many stupid penalties and brain cramps.

I disagree. He definitely can go too far sometimes. I'm not a huge fan of some of his antics, like the arm waving after fights.. But that line with Ruutu is arguably the most consistent line the sens have recently. In the sense that they're grinders and the hard work seems to be paying off. Even if the "better" lines aren't having much success. It's a good checking line right now. And I can think of other Senators who take dumb penalties that have absolutely no benefit. Like hooking calls in the offensive zone. At least Neil's riling people up.

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • MacLean is Really Good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2010, 11:42:52 PM »
Neil has 21 points in 67 games played.  9 goals and 12 helpers.  28 minor penalties, no out of line this year.   He tripped up Smith and got a penalty for it.  A goalie swinging his blocker at someone is dangerous.   It looked like he was skating away and tripped Smith, but I don't believe that stuff is by "accident".  More a message to stop wandering around pretending you are a D with an immunity shield.  Smith was all over the place in that game, getting in to the play to much.   Neil shouldn't have done it but he was called. 

Offline Funky McBain

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2010, 01:22:04 AM »
Ya it was all just a messy situation nothing out of the ordinary though, don't see what the big deal is.

I would like to see the Sens replace Neil with someone a little more I don't know what.  Neil to me is kind of unsure of what he is and who he is.  I haven't seen him deliver really big hits which is what I expect from him.  I think he's trying to be a power forward but he isn't and I just think that the Sens should really look for another direction to go in, try to land a real power forward, someone who one way or another can make an impact in a game.  It's not that I don't like him, I just would like to see a little more from a guy that plays his sort of role.
Stupendimus Geographicus

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2010, 01:42:27 AM »
Ya it was all just a messy situation nothing out of the ordinary though, don't see what the big deal is.

I would like to see the Sens replace Neil with someone a little more I don't know what.  Neil to me is kind of unsure of what he is and who he is.  I haven't seen him deliver really big hits which is what I expect from him.  I think he's trying to be a power forward but he isn't and I just think that the Sens should really look for another direction to go in, try to land a real power forward, someone who one way or another can make an impact in a game.  It's not that I don't like him, I just would like to see a little more from a guy that plays his sort of role.

Missed that hit on Mitchell a few weeks ago? ;)
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"