Author Topic: Game #70 Discussion ~ SENS vs Maple Leafs ~ Tuesday Mar. 16  (Read 6161 times)

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Re: Game #70 Discussion ~ SENS vs Maple Leafs ~ Tuesday Mar. 16
« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2010, 09:22:48 PM »
$573,043 at the end of the second intermission for Rogers House!   Way to go, Folks!!!   :ccclapping:
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2010, 09:25:04 PM »
I'm thinking of asking Colton Orr to be godfather to my firstborn........ after the eulogy that the commentators were singing for him he must be some kind of wonderful guy.

What eulogy was that?  Can't remember Dean Brown or Garry Galley singing his praises.

I'm confused. :icon_questionable:
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline Scary

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2010, 09:26:10 PM »
What eulogy was that?  Can't remember Dean Brown or Garry Galley singing his praises.

He's probably watching the Leafs broadcast (they have their own announcers).

Offline Funky McBain

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2010, 09:28:14 PM »
It'd be great for them to come back that would get some swagger back
Stupendimus Geographicus

Offline Funky McBain

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2010, 09:29:49 PM »
The game's on Sportsnet
Stupendimus Geographicus

Offline Funky McBain

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2010, 09:31:12 PM »
Woo that red line is a tripping hazard haha
Stupendimus Geographicus

Offline Johnny English

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Canadian Heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2010, 09:44:53 PM »

End of the first or beginning of the second, maybe I'm just being sensitive because I don't like him but they it sounded like they were doing their best to make their apologies for his holding up three fingers last game.
We all dream of a team of Chris Kellys.

Offline gosensgo101

• Hall of Fame Inductee
  • So long Fish & Kells
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2010, 09:46:15 PM »
Alfy's lucky to get off with just 2 minutes.

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • MacLean is Really Good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2010, 09:48:55 PM »
Alfie should know that only Leafs are allowed to hit from behind and not get penalized. 

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2010, 09:52:17 PM »
Bad call on Sutton.
Proud member of the P.P.A. since 2008.

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2010, 09:52:51 PM »
 :A_laughing_matter: :A_laughing_matter: :A_laughing_matter: :A_laughing_matter:  Sutton 2 minutes for body checking.  This refs are turning this into the theatre of the absurd.  Bring it on, maybe this is what it will take the get the Sens rolling.  :smily677:

Offline Funky McBain

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2010, 10:03:03 PM »
Ya that was nutty
Stupendimus Geographicus

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2010, 10:09:50 PM »
Well that really sucked.  The Sens didn't deserve that one, and only 1 goal again despite many very decent chances.   Maybe  big team drunk or something is in order because this is one ugly run since the Olympics.   Funny how when there is a bad run you often see sets of quick goals like 2 in 19 seconds tonight.   Don't think I'll bother with the post-game show tonight.

Offline Funky McBain

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2010, 10:58:43 PM »
Well that really sucked.  The Sens didn't deserve that one, and only 1 goal again despite many very decent chances.   Maybe  big team drunk or something is in order because this is one ugly run since the Olympics.   Funny how when there is a bad run you often see sets of quick goals like 2 in 19 seconds tonight.   Don't think I'll bother with the post-game show tonight.

Ditto, it'll be full of the regular idiots eclectic crowd going on about Murray sucks and this team blows and we need to change everything around and on and on and on and on.  People just seem to give up once things start going wrong and I love hearing the guys in the post game show just hoping they can hold back calling some of those people morons haha :)
Hopefully things turn around soon I'm sure the boys aren't having much fun losing
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 11:22:38 PM by Funky McBain »
Stupendimus Geographicus

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2010, 11:24:13 PM »
Ok, I'm renoing a bathroom and left the radio on.  Sucker for punishment.  Not as bad as I thought, the funny part is some callers calling for Cheechoo to come back since he was there during the winning streak.   Fact is, the winning streak was a minor part of the season.  The Sens are just part of a big mix of ok but flawed teams, and what was going to make the difference during the season was getting a few streaks.  If Cheechoo is the difference maker this team is really screwed.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2010, 12:21:34 AM »
End of the first or beginning of the second, maybe I'm just being sensitive because I don't like him but they it sounded like they were doing their best to make their apologies for his holding up three fingers last game.

Oh, I did hear that.  They were pointing out that a couple of days after that game (where he held up his three fingers), Orr apologized for his "showboating" and said it was "inappropriate".  I don't like him...but I thought it was decent of him.  Said he had gotten "caught up in the moment" at the time.  (More likely he was disoriented from all the Leafs fans there and thought he was in the ACC that night! ;))

Yep...that was a bit of a stinker tonight, to be sure!  And I think the most oft heard phrase, for me at least, was "...and he misses high..."  and/or "...missing the net..." and variations on that general theme.  If I was Clouston tomorrow, instead of bag-skating them, I'd 'bag-shoot' them in practice.  And every time you miss the net, you do ten push-ups.   :nod:

I liked Foligno's game tonight.  Considering that he must be a little rusty he put in a good effort (either that or in comparison to his team-mates, it looked good :smily677:).  He seemed to have a bit more jump than the rest of them. :thumbsup:

Agree with comments about the WTF call on Sutton in the third.  The ref signalled elbowing....turned it into a roughing call. Uh...okay.   :duh

Looks like, instead of trying to be "fancy", the guys are hesitant/afraid of shooting.  Clearly they are losing confidence (along with a competitive edge for a few of them) in their shots.   :popcorn:

And is it just me or does Alfie look like he's missing a gear?  I think he's a bit run-down from not having the Olympics off like a lot of his team-mates.  It's like he just can't kick it into high gear lately.  So I wonder what the excuse is for the rest of the guys?!? :icon_banghead:

These are the games they DEFINITELY should be putting in the 'win' column and it is frustrating when they don't (not to mention had the Sens won tonight it would have officially eliminated the Leafs from the post-season), but it's onto the next opponent and hoping for a better outcome.   :popcorn:

Offline SensFanInMTL

• Bingo Sen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2010, 12:38:17 AM »
With 12 games remaining and Ottawa with 37 wins, I estimated around 5 more games the Sens can afford to lose to at least clinch a spot. Anymore losses piled up and that will conclude our season.

Go Sens.

Offline CupintheCapital

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2010, 04:26:12 AM »
I've seen this play before.

There is plenty of effort on display but no finish. 

Its gonna be ugly watching the descent into playoff chum for whoever gets to snack on this team in the first round. 

With an ageing (but still pretty awesome) Alfie as the only guy I have any faith in, I modestly propose we are in the final throes prior to a rebuilding phase.  That is fine, just part of the cycle of team building.

Despite the ridicule heaped on the post game show callers making unreasonable points, it is patently obvious that the streak was an anomaly and this is a slow team with few scoring threats and truly average goaltending and the worst D we have had in many years. 

I have no doubt the;y will put together another few wins, enough to maintain their playoff spot but really, who here thinks that they will have a chance in hell to win the first round? 

Perhaps its time for Melnyk to hold a press conference to announce that this team is Cup Bound. 
The truth of sport plays rings around you

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2010, 08:12:44 AM »
Is it just me or is it not a penalty or 5 and a game for fighting with the gloves on?  That little b*tch Exelby starts throwing punches at Neil with his gloves on and even before Neil could get his off.  He knows Neil would destroy him if it was a fair fight. And then he fakes a punch when the linesmen have them tied up. 

As for all the other comments on it being a stinker and Suton getting penalized for being 6'6", I do agree.

Offline Billy_Muckwalt

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2010, 08:14:33 AM »
Leafs played a weak game, and still owned the sens in their own backyard.
Their system is coming along just fine. I was glad to hear that Orr apologized for acting like a clown after pummling carkner. The exelby fight was a clown show. I would be ashamed...

Ottawa is without a doubt headed to another early exit from the playoffs (should they even make it) and thus, a rebuilding phase. I couldn't watch their D last night, my god they are slow back there. I cant wait to rebuild this team. Alfie should have got 5 and a game. Cheap shot.

The sens power play is complete joke.

I couldn't agree more that the win streak was a fluke. Goaltending is still a big "?"..... same sh*t different year  :bag:

1-6 since the break....

« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 08:26:19 AM by Billy_Muckwalt »
Luongo sucks.