Author Topic: 7 years  (Read 6271 times)

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
7 years
« on: February 18, 2010, 08:32:13 PM »
Holly crap..

It's been 7 years since this board came online thanks to Capt'n Morgan and NorthbyNorthwest, ...which is when Doc and I went on the recruiting stint.  :drink:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 08:34:22 PM by Dagwood »
“Being politically correct....not my forte”

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Re: 7 years
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 08:39:20 PM »
That's the second time today that you've said Holly instead of Holy.  Is that a religious thing and by design or does your spelling just suck?   :mrgreen:
Proud member of the P.P.A. since 2008.

Offline Docawesome

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Sensnet mob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ESPN.com
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 09:07:08 PM »
Holly crap..

It's been 7 years since this board came online thanks to Capt'n Morgan and NorthbyNorthwest, ...which is when Doc and I went on the recruiting stint.  :drink:

I was thinking about this the other day. 7 years. May 6 2003 is the day alot of members jumped aboard. I remember seeing your thread about this forum on the official forum. I checked it out and really liked sensnet and then we both teamed up and recruited a whole bunch of people. And then I told NorthByNorthwest 'I got you a whole bunch of people now make me a mod!'. He made me a mod and 6 months later I quit. I thought I'd be fired though. I met some of the members over the years. Some are still here and some are long gone like Interzone (Izzy), Jenn, Plcamp, Brucie, JL, and Opera.

"The upper class: keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes.  The middle class: pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.  The poor are there...just to scare the shit out of the middle class."

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 09:08:19 PM »
spelling sucks and I don't believe in religion.

Thanks for noticing Mr Gretsky  :smily1263:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 09:10:34 PM by Dagwood »

Offline Docawesome

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Sensnet mob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 09:08:58 PM »
I remember some of my threads like The Man Thread were viewed as more for adults and so The Gutter Forum was born. I also remember when we got hacked (And 'some' thought I hacked the place) and I asked Darryl to make us a 'mini sensnetwork' on tmlfans.ca until sensnet was back up and running. And I also remember Waldo the troll (According to 'some' was me).  :??? :icon_angry2:

Memories.

"The upper class: keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes.  The middle class: pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.  The poor are there...just to scare the shit out of the middle class."

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 09:11:18 PM »
I remember some of my threads like The Man Thread were viewed as more for adults and so The Gutter Forum was born. I also remember when we got hacked (And 'some' thought I hacked the place) and I asked Darryl to make us a 'mini sensnetwork' on tmlfans.ca until sensnet was back up and running. And I also remember Waldo the troll (According to 'some' was me).  :??? :icon_angry2:

Memories.

That what you get for being a Mod turned angry  :laugh2:

I tried to warn you about being a Mod...you didn't listen

Offline Docawesome

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Sensnet mob
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 09:20:04 PM »
That what you get for being a Mod turned angry  :laugh2:

I tried to warn you about being a Mod...you didn't listen

I remember it like it was yesterday. And you were right. Can't mix politics with pleasure.  :shock:

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 09:21:50 PM »
spelling sucks and I don't believe in religion.

Thanks for noticing Mr Gretsky  :smily1263:

I really thought it was intentional that you were doing that.   :laugh2:  I thought maybe you were religious or something.  

BTW it's Gretzky not Gretsky.   :A_laughing_matter:

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 09:25:33 PM »
I really thought it was intentional that you were doing that.   :laugh2:  I thought maybe you were religious or something.  

BTW it's Gretzky not Gretsky.   :A_laughing_matter:

I know that
Now apparantly Wayne was spotted checking into a hotel in Vancouver last night and was very coy when asked why he was there.  I personally think thatGretsky would be a great choice.  I hope it is him.

What a great setup  :mrgreen:

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 09:27:23 PM »
I got it now!  You think I would remember that???   :laugh2:

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 09:28:48 PM »
Hey Doc...
Some of my early memories revolved around the battles we had with the likes of Szuper over on that original board..
Man she was pissed at us for trying to recruit...and then she came over here when it closed down.

We love ya Szup!

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • MacLean is Really Good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 10:10:21 PM »
Doc with the retro monkey avatar. 

Bonzia, aka Dirty Dave, and I came over from the usenet Sens forum.  No moderators, just the wild west on usenet.  I was on the old official board for a while but didn't think much of it.   

I think I left a chunk of flesh in the Lalime threads.

Offline Docawesome

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Sensnet mob
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 10:18:57 PM »
Hey Doc...
Some of my early memories revolved around the battles we had with the likes of Szuper over on that original board..
Man she was pissed at us for trying to recruit...and then she came over here when it closed down.

We love ya Szup!

lol ya she gave us a headache for a week. But she eventually turned to the dark side.

Offline Docawesome

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Sensnet mob
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 10:20:40 PM »

I think I left a chunk of flesh in the Lalime threads.

:A_laughing_matter:
The Lalime Watch threads were hardcore. Some people never got out of there haven't seen them since.

Offline Broken Bones

• Public Relations Guy...
  • Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • I'm the pain in your ass...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2010, 07:22:26 AM »
It's where many went to go die.

Offline BlindDruid

• Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2010, 09:16:16 AM »
Ahh memories....    It was a Leaf fan that actually pointed me to this site.  Anybody remember 50MissionCap?  And with my first post I almost got banned for trolling by Doc himself   :icon_hiding2:

We certainly have had our share of interesting characters come thru here including many puck bunnies, spammers, flamers etc but I have always enjoyed the fact that we have had a good core group of members which I really appreciate and a good team of moderators and admins that I cant thank enough for what they have done to keep this site a great place to be. 
Time passes, things change, the Sens WILL WIN the CUP. 
edit -  Hopefully within my lifetime.......

Offline Broken Bones

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2010, 10:09:50 AM »
When I started I believe 50MissionCap was near his way out.

My wife had actually found this site.  Hell, because of her I am the hockey nut that I am.  Prior to meeting her I had no care for the NHL/sports in general.  But one of our first dates was us going to a Sens playoff game in 2003, I believe that was the year the Senators lost to New Jersey in game 7 of the ECF.

She eventually registered in Feb., 2004 but did not take part in much of the hockey talk and eventually stopped posting in 2005.  I registered in April, 2004, and you guys can't get rid of me now that I'm a mod!

Oh, except for maybe BD, MH, and other administrators... crap.

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2010, 10:17:45 AM »
Indeed BD
50 still posts over on TMLFans..

How about the big bet where we all ended up using Anti-Sens AV's for a month because or beloved Sens fell to the Leafs once again in the playoffs.  Daryl (The TML Mod) went easy on us then but it was a defining moment when I learned to never count the Leafs out...EVER  :laugh2:

Jenn40 in the Lalime thread was a relentless supporter for him.  I still recall her pretty much breaking down when Patty got traded. I do miss her and the others mentioned, especially BG and OperaSensFan.

Part of the reason I wanted to start this thread was to spark some old memories and gives us Vets a chance to share with newer members.  Many of us have watched this board morph into what it is today and there certainly were and still is a lot of great posters here which speaks volumes. 

Offline Broken Bones

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2010, 10:44:12 AM »
Too bad you're not one of them Dag's ;).

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2010, 11:21:38 AM »
Too bad you're not one of them Dag's ;).

I don't care, read my sig  :mrgreen: