Author Topic: Keita fakes an injury as Kaka takes a red card  (Read 5072 times)

Offline FBK

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Keita fakes an injury as Kaka takes a red card
« on: June 20, 2010, 09:08:19 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7A2Wb8Rp18

:shock: :A_laughing_matter: :A_laughing_matter:

Thats just embarrassing for Keita. He used to be a respected player in Barcelona. But this is just too bad. He was just tapped on the chest then he holds his nose. What an *******
RAP AND HIP-HOP FOR LIFE

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Keita fakes an injury as Kaka takes a red card
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 10:44:33 PM »
 :duh
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • MacLean is Really Good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 12:32:49 AM »
Disgusting, but there was some justice there.  Brazil was flopping and rolling EVERY freaking time they lost the ball.   Overall the faking hasn't been to bad so far but things are heating up now.  And you wonder why it doesn't catch on in North America. 

Soccer has to catch up with the times and bring in video review and post-game review for these things.  The payoff to get a ref to buy a fake is huge.   Italy gets a tying goal today on a marginal call that had a flop, and Brazil loses Kaka for the next game because that was his 2nd yellow card.   

A penalty shot in soccer is like giving a basketball team 20 points or a hockey team 2 goals.  Put that kind of reward on the table and players in those sports would be dropping like they were shot with a 12 guage on every contact.   Great game, and this just makes a farce out of it.

Offline Special J

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 12:34:22 AM »
Luckily it will mean nothing for Brazil, but what an embarrassment.  If FIFA has an ounce of courage (they don't) then Keita should be booted from their next game.

I need to watch the World Cup every four years to remind myself why I don't watch soccer.
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." - Homer Simpson

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 01:21:28 AM »
I need to watch the World Cup every four years to remind myself why I don't watch soccer.

Almost what I thought word for word, except it was "watch highlights of". I still can't watch a whole game without nodding off at some point.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 07:14:34 AM »
 :A_laughing_matter: :A_laughing_matter: :A_laughing_matter: :A_laughing_matter: :A_laughing_matter: :A_laughing_matter:

This is why I will NEVER watch a soccer game and NEVER consider it the "best" sport in the world.  That's just embarrassing and that official should have his licence yanked.  How they can let that go unchecked is beyond me. 

What they SHOULD do after receiving video PROOF of what really happened is suspend the diving panzy player for 1-year and add another year for each subsequent incident.

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 08:13:33 AM »
:A_laughing_matter: :A_laughing_matter: :A_laughing_matter: :A_laughing_matter: :A_laughing_matter: :A_laughing_matter:

This is why I will NEVER watch a soccer game and NEVER consider it the "best" sport in the world.  That's just embarrassing and that official should have his licence yanked.  How they can let that go unchecked is beyond me. 

I'm no soccer fan by any stretch of the imagination but is it really any worse than what Carcillo has done?
Proud member of the P.P.A. since 2008.

Offline Special J

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 09:36:16 AM »
No, not really.  Though Dan at least does a little less writhing around.  I  am concerned by that trend in the NHL though.  Supposedly Colin Campbell will send you an angry letter.   :fear:

By b***h about soccer goes beyond that one incident.  I admit, a good game can be pretty entertaining, but I'm finding them pretty difficult to find this year.

Really in both sports it's pretty easy to put an end to it.  Watching video is done all over to hand out suspensions for illegal hits, no reason you can't do it for this.

Edit: Watch Drogba.  Even he looks embarrassed.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 09:40:06 AM by Special J »
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." - Homer Simpson

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 09:45:40 AM »
 :icon_agree:  especially with your comment about the increasing trend in the NHL for players to dive.   :duh
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline FBK

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 10:11:59 AM »
But brazil still has to play without their best playmaker kaka
RAP AND HIP-HOP FOR LIFE

Offline Special J

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 11:17:37 AM »
Strangely enough it kind of works in Brazil's favour.  They have clinched the next round already, so Kaka sits and goes into elimination games with a clean rap sheet.

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 11:52:06 AM »
I'm no soccer fan by any stretch of the imagination but is it really any worse than what Carcillo has done?

In hockey you can usualy name the 1 or 2 chronic divers on a team.  In soccer it's a team culture.   Watching the Brazil game, and  EVERY freakin time the ball was turned over a player went down in "pain".   Hockey has divers, basketball floppers, but soccer takes it to another level.  IMHO the real problem is the huge consequences from the faking in soccer since a red card results in the team playing a man short for the rest of the match, and a penalty kick can decide a game.  With a win worth 3 points and a tie 1, the consequences are big there to.

NHL and NBA fans can't point the fingers because their sport is so pure.  Soccer is on a another level though.   

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 12:07:05 PM »
If anything, Keita should have been carded for interference!  BRUTAL call. :shake:
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 06:10:06 PM »

Actually yes, it is worse than Carcillo.  At least Carcillo didn't thrash around like he had his head lopped off.  And he fessed up to it when he was called on it didn't he?  Also, the guy who "highsticked" Carcillo didn't get tossed and suspended like the guy who supposedly interfered with Keita. 

Soccer takes the diving to a much much higher level than any other sport.  Do I agree with it in hockey?  Nope, but it's nowhere as bad as soccer is.

Offline Johnny English

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Canadian Heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2010, 11:53:50 PM »
Strangely enough it kind of works in Brazil's favour.  They have clinched the next round already, so Kaka sits and goes into elimination games with a clean rap sheet.

More amusingly, the Ivory Coast need Brazil to give Portugal a good pasting in their final game, a task that will be made a lot harder now the Ivory Coast have got Brazil's best player suspended. Karma's a bitch sometimes.....
We all dream of a team of Chris Kellys.

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 11:23:23 AM »
More amusingly, the Ivory Coast need Brazil to give Portugal a good pasting in their final game, a task that will be made a lot harder now the Ivory Coast have got Brazil's best player suspended. Karma's a bitch sometimes.....

Ain't it!

Offline FBK

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 11:35:35 AM »
Everyone on the the ivory coast team is a loser except for drogba. I have watched both of their games, and all they did was tackle the best players. They were trying to injure c.ronoldo and in the second game they were trying to injure l.fabiano
RAP AND HIP-HOP FOR LIFE

Offline Johnny English

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Canadian Heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2010, 12:16:02 PM »
Everyone on the the ivory coast team is a loser except for drogba. I have watched both of their games, and all they did was tackle the best players. They were trying to injure c.ronoldo and in the second game they were trying to injure l.fabiano

They did WHAT?????? They tried to tackle the best players on the opposition team? That's a disgrace, anyone would think they were actually trying to win the game or something. Did they not get the memo from Nike?
We all dream of a team of Chris Kellys.

Offline sensfan1984

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2010, 04:31:56 PM »
I love how people that watch a few games during the World Cup suddenly think they "know" soccer.  :rolleyes

Youtube "the night Jagr killed Avery".. Jagr doesn't even touch Avery and he jumps head first onto the ice. There's a ton of diving in hockey, just not as evident.. Anyone heard of Derek Roy? How about Lapierre? Carcillo? How many tripping calls or holding the stick calls are the result of the player falling down or purposely closing the arm on the stick? They might not grab their faces and roll around, but diving is diving.

Besides, there's a massive difference in the amount of diving depending on which league you're watching. Compare EPL vs Italy's Serie A.

Edit: I'm not condoning the Keita dive. I thought that was disgusting. I'm just referring to some moronic posts in this thread.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2010, 06:41:22 PM »
^^^ Feel better?   ;)