Author Topic: Lebron and his hour long special??  (Read 7822 times)

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
Re: Lebron and his hour long special??
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2010, 02:32:35 PM »
 :icon_agree:

Offline FBK

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2010, 03:49:24 PM »
Jordan, Bird and Magic all did it in the cities they gor drafted from.

Lebron James is not as good as any of those. I don't think James can ever be as good as any of those. Magic Johnson was an amazing play-maker and he could score himself. Larry bird was unbelievable from the 3pt line.  James isn't that good of a play-maker as Johnson was neither is he that good of the 3pt shooter as Bird was.
RAP AND HIP-HOP FOR LIFE

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2010, 11:23:15 PM »
The big event in Miami that I saw tonight was disgusting.  What a bunch of idiots.  I think I may be put off from ever watching the NBA again.  Sorry, but I'm just stunned at the ego's in play here.  Lebron is either a complete dick or he's getting really bad advice as far as public relations go.  Note to Chris and Lebron.......you haven't won diddly squat yet.  Shut up until you do.
Proud member of the P.P.A. since 2008.

Offline FBK

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2010, 01:37:19 AM »
Bosh signed and traded to miami
RAP AND HIP-HOP FOR LIFE

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2010, 07:02:51 AM »
Bosh signed and traded to miami
Bosh did not get signed and traded to Miami.  He signed there as a UFA, on his own.

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2010, 08:08:44 AM »
Bosh did not get signed and traded to Miami.  He signed there as a UFA, on his own.

It was a sign and trade.  Saw it on TSN.

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • MacLean is Really Good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2010, 09:12:33 AM »
It was a sign and trade.  Saw it on TSN.

Yup.  Got done late last night.   And note the "sacrifice" by Bosh and Wade not taking the maximum  :drink:

"The Heat sent two future first-round and two second-round picks to the Cavaliers for James, while packaging two first-round picks and a trade exception to the Raptors for Bosh.

Next up for Miami: Deals for Mike Miller and Udonis Haslem, both expected to be done in the coming days, and a planned meeting with Lakers point guard Derek Fisher.

"We here now," James said. "And we're here for a long time."

Wade, Bosh and James all signed their six-year contracts earlier Friday night, each set to make about US$2 million less than the $16.6 million they could have demanded for the coming season."

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2010, 11:08:39 AM »
You know, I don't have a problem with a "hometown" player leaving his hometown as a UFA to seek "greener" pastures, etc.  What I can't condone - and I am sure many Cleveland fans are completely p*ssed about - is that doing such a high profile announcement such as LeBron has done is a real f*%$#k you to the team he is leaving, IMHO.  It has redefined "classless" for me.
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • MacLean is Really Good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2010, 11:54:48 AM »
packaging two first-round picks and a trade exception to the Raptors for Bosh.

This was actually a good deal by the Raptors.  Everything I read earlier had them taking back a contract with the sign and trade, which I guess is why they made it clear they were willing to not do it.

Offline playertobenamedlater

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2010, 08:12:23 AM »
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2010, 08:13:41 AM »
Why?  I agree with everything he said regarding Gilbert, James and Jackson.

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2010, 12:59:01 PM »
Why?  I agree with everything he said regarding Gilbert, James and Jackson.
I dunno, he fines Gilbert and says (of James)
 "The performance was fine. His honesty and his integrity, I think, shined through".
If he had any spine, he should have pasted James for "The Decision". Many feel that it has (further) tarnished the reputation of the NBA. He should have sent a message that no player is bigger than their team, and no player is bigger than the league.
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Offline Johnny English

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Canadian Heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2010, 01:21:15 PM »
I'm with FV. You may not like James or what he did, but at least he didn't slag off any the Cavs or any other team in the overblown media circus that was "The Decision". No matter how understandable his feelings, Gilbert deliberately and viciously laid into James in a way that was slightly embarrassing and ultimately, probably quite self-defeating. I think the commissioner's spot on.
We all dream of a team of Chris Kellys.

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2010, 03:07:41 PM »
I'm with FV. You may not like James or what he did, but at least he didn't slag off any the Cavs or any other team in the overblown media circus that was "The Decision". No matter how understandable his feelings, Gilbert deliberately and viciously laid into James in a way that was slightly embarrassing and ultimately, probably quite self-defeating. I think the commissioner's spot on.

Not saying that Gilbert didn't deserve to be reprimanded. The commish just didn't have to kiss James's ass in the same breath. By no means did he deserve the praise that he was given. This sends a message that players are bigger than the game, and that the commissioner supports self- promoting narcissism within the ranks of the players. Not a good message to send.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2010, 03:16:04 PM »
I dunno, he fines Gilbert and says (of James)
 "The performance was fine. His honesty and his integrity, I think, shined through".
If he had any spine, he should have pasted James for "The Decision". Many feel that it has (further) tarnished the reputation of the NBA. He should have sent a message that no player is bigger than their team, and no player is bigger than the league.

Stern did say he was in disagreement with the "Decision" on ESPN.  Doubtful if he could have done anything else.  Many thought it was in poor taste but there are tons of things on TV that are in poor taste.  "The Decision" had little to do with the sports-end of basketball and all to do with the entertainment end.  Heck!  The ratings showed that many tuned in and that can't be a bad thing for the NBA.

And I am not surprised that he fined Gilbert for his comments.  Alluding to a player "giving up", etc. is just over the line.  If Gilbert REALLY thought that, why is he upset about "losing" James?   :smily677:

And I'm pleased to hear that he rebuked Jesse Jackson's comments and Stern did it in as careful a way as he could...very diplomatically, IMHO.  But I thought Jackson was over the line when I heard his comments.  

Like JE, I thought Stern hit the nail straight on the head with his comments. :nod:
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline work2play

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
    • Petition Spot - CBC is for all Canadians
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2010, 05:26:21 PM »
Didn't see the special.  I probably don't spend an entire hour watching basketball during it's regular season, not giving up an hour of my summer for some BS special like this.  Just the idea of an athlete having an hour long special to announce where they will sign is ridiculous.  The fact that it was an athlete as over rated as LeBron James just makes it more ridiculous.
Lost your job yet?  Keep buying foreign!

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2010, 11:41:29 PM »
Didn't see the special.  I probably don't spend an entire hour watching basketball during it's regular season, not giving up an hour of my summer for some BS special like this.  Just the idea of an athlete having an hour long special to announce where they will sign is ridiculous.  The fact that it was an athlete as over rated as LeBron James just makes it more ridiculous.

There was another 'special' the next night too where the three of them were "presented" to the fans in Miami in their home arena.  During that one, LeBron apparently announced that the Heat will deliver on the next 4 to 5 NBA Championships.  As I heard a commentator say on an American broadcast last night, hopefully all the other teams in the NBA have that little 'nugget' on video so it can be played repeatedly to opposing teams during the next round of playoffs as incentive to extinguish the Heat!

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2010, 07:23:06 AM »
He started counting how many championships and he got up to 7 before he shut up.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2010, 11:45:34 AM »
He started counting how many championships and he got up to 7 before he shut up.

Even worse..... :shake:

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2010, 07:48:07 AM »
Okay, so now after drawing all this attention to himself,James is saying that the negative press he received from this is racially motivated. Newsflash Lebron: people don't hate you because your'e black. We hate you because you're a narcissistic a$$hole and a douchebag.