Author Topic: Lebron and his hour long special??  (Read 7823 times)

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Re: Lebron and his hour long special??
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2010, 08:25:07 AM »
 :icon_agree:
Proud member of the P.P.A. since 2008.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2010, 10:15:02 AM »
Me too!  :icon_agree:

Don't you just hate when the "race card" is played in a situation like this?  Just keep your yap shut, watch your bank account/investments grow and play where you wanted to play with your handpicked pals.  Oh...and  by the way....I heard Michael Jordan respond negatively to LeBron's "big signing extravaganza".  Does that make Michael a 'racist'? :shake:
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline work2play

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
    • Petition Spot - CBC is for all Canadians
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2010, 12:31:33 PM »
I'm not a huge basketball fan by any stretch, but this circus does have me wanting any other team but Miami to win the NBA title.
Lost your job yet?  Keep buying foreign!

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2010, 02:19:19 PM »
I'm not a huge basketball fan by any stretch, but this circus does have me wanting any other team but Miami to win the NBA title.
:icon_agree:

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2010, 02:37:30 PM »

Absolutely agree! :nod:

Besides....I only watch games regularly when I can catch Steve Nash play....and once he retires I am hard-pressed to think of any other reason why I would continue watching NBA.  University ball on both sides of the border is much "truer" basketball (in comparison to the gun-toting, smack-talking, bejewelled and bedazzled, barely have to run, slam-dunking - wait, not really since they are all the height of the nets - showboating majority of players that now play in the NBA) to watch and closer to the REAL game of basketball for us normal folks who have played in our own, little lives.

/rant off.
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline playertobenamedlater

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2010, 08:00:04 PM »
Me too!  :icon_agree:

Don't you just hate when the "race card" is played in a situation like this?  Just keep your yap shut, watch your bank account/investments grow and play where you wanted to play with your handpicked pals.  Oh...and  by the way....I heard Michael Jordan respond negatively to LeBron's "big signing extravaganza".  Does that make Michael a 'racist'? :shake:

Yeah, Michael is a HUGE racist, it's well documented. Besides, he was always such a fringe player and so utterly classless his opinion doesn't matter anyways. If I remember correctly, either Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton was playing the race card at the time of "the decision" and James receiving the negative press. Of course, with either of those two, it's a racially motivated crime if a black person has to wait in line at McDonalds, and both will say anything on any topic just to get their faces on TV.
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.