Author Topic: NFL 2010 Season  (Read 12757 times)

Offline Special J

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
NFL 2010 Season
« on: September 08, 2010, 10:00:02 PM »
It's a new season. I'm starting a new thread.

To kick things off, you can look at a quick summary of your favourite team in the Onion NFL preview!

http://www.theonion.com/articles/onion-sports-2010-nfl-teambyteam-guide,18023/

"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." - Homer Simpson

Offline Johnny English

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Canadian Heroine
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2010 Season
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 11:51:24 PM »
I've been wetting myself with excitement about it this week, now that Revis is back I think the Jets could be special this season. It all depends on Sanchez.....
We all dream of a team of Chris Kellys.

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 07:13:11 PM »
LET'S GO BUFFALO.   Never give up, never surrender.    :ccclapping:
This is it baby.  SQUISH THE FISH Sunday, please,,,,,, pretty please.... with sugar on top?

Offline playertobenamedlater

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 07:15:38 AM »
Just heard that Brady inked a new deal for next year. 18 mil per year for the next 4 years.
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Offline Special J

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 08:38:45 AM »
Do you know what sucks about being Tom Brady?

Nothing.
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." - Homer Simpson

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 10:10:56 AM »

Nothing.

Not true. Poor bastard wakes up every morning and has to decide whether to cruise around in his Ferarri or his Hummer. Thats' a lot of pressure for a guy to be under.
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010, 10:37:11 AM »

ALOT too numerous to count.

There I fixed it for you.    :thumbsup:

Sour grapes?  Maybe, just can't stand that team.  See I won't even say the name of those dogs.   :mrgreen:

Offline Docawesome

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Sensnet mob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ESPN.com
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 03:00:40 PM »
F*ck the Jets! 9-7 book it. Go Patriots!

"The upper class: keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes.  The middle class: pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.  The poor are there...just to scare the shit out of the middle class."

Offline Johnny English

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Canadian Heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 05:32:12 PM »

Nothing.

Except for the fact that he has to go to work every day for an obnoxious tool.

And that one of his favourite receivers is properly broken this time, and the other one is an over the hill prick with a bad attitude who is going to find himself utterly stranded on Revis Island.

And that he's in serious danger of playing for the third best team in the AFC East this season.

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 05:20:58 AM »
Except for the fact that he has to go to work every day for an obnoxious tool.

And that one of his favourite receivers is properly broken this time, and the other one is an over the hill prick with a bad attitude who is going to find himself utterly stranded on Revis Island.

And that he's in serious danger of playing for the third best team in the AFC East this season.

I put up with ****** every day at work, but somehow I can't help thinking that I wouldn't mind it as much if I was getting paid 18 mil to throw a ball a few Sundays each fall.

Offline Special J

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 09:40:47 PM »
Yes truly heartbreaking.  He probably cries as he drives home in his Ferrari/Hummer to make love to his supermodel wife on a bed of money.  But really his mind is in another place, like how he's going to win another championship.

Anyways enough about my man-crushes.  What I want more is for my Redskins to crush the filthy and loathsome Cowboys.  So far the game hasn't exactly been compelling.

Offline Johnny English

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Canadian Heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 12:33:44 AM »
It was entertaining, but if it had been the Jets making some of the mistakes both sides did I'd have been pulling my hair out. Still, McNabb looks like he could do good things for the Skins, and good luck to him - I really like Donovan.

The Pats looked decent enough today but Cincy were absolutely horrible in the first half, and Belicheat will be concerned at the ease with which a pretty average offense ran in 24 points against the Pats in the second.

Offline Docawesome

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Sensnet mob
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 01:34:47 AM »

The Pats looked decent enough today but Cincy were absolutely horrible in the first half, and Belicheat will be concerned at the ease with which a pretty average offense ran in 24 points against the Pats in the second.

I'm going to have alot of fun with you this season. Lets see you here next week when the Patriots destroy your Jets. I don't who I hate more, Jets or Colts. Your team is second rate in the NFL and that is what history says.

"The upper class: keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes.  The middle class: pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.  The poor are there...just to scare the shit out of the middle class."

Offline Johnny English

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Canadian Heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 10:26:18 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats do win next week as the Jets offense is still very much a work in progress and the receiving star of the preseason is out, but if you think that the Jets' D is going to roll over and invite Brady to pick receivers at will like the Bungles did in the first half then you're deluded. The fact is that your Patsies got outscored 21-7 after the second half kick off return and that should be a cause of some concern; the Jets' running game is considerably more dangerous than Cincy's and NE appeared to have little idea what to do with Benson.

Offline Docawesome

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Sensnet mob
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2010, 02:31:08 PM »
Did you watch the first quarter defense? Aggressive man press-coverage. The secondary was in a soft zone coverage for the 3rd quarter on. Thats what you do when you're up 4 touchdowns and you want to prevent the big play/quick score. As a DB you keep everything in front of you by playing zone this means that the offense has to pick up small chunks of yardage and waste alot of time to score each touchdown. Thats the gameplan Belichick used in the second half. Each Cincinnati scoring drive was of the 12-play variety. No big plays were allowed.

Offline Docawesome

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Sensnet mob
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2010, 02:35:27 PM »
the Jets' running game is considerably more dangerous than Cincy's and NE appeared to have little idea what to do with Benson.

No doubt. Fat Rex replaced Leon Washington and Thomas Jones with a washed up LT who had a 3.3 Yds/carry last year. Not to mention letting go of one of the top run-blocking guards of the decade in Alan Fanica.

Offline work2play

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
    • Petition Spot - CBC is for all Canadians
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 05:29:00 PM »
Some good games this weekend, but the play of the week may go to the NFLPA.   They are having the players vote on de-certification of the union so that the owners can not lock them out next year without risking an anti-trust lawsuit from the players.  If they were still unionized the players would not be able to file under anti-trust statutes.

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=333412

Let the games begin (both on and off the field).

P.S.   Here we go Steelers, here we go!

Lost your job yet?  Keep buying foreign!

Offline Johnny English

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Canadian Heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 10:16:44 AM »
No doubt. Fat Rex replaced Leon Washington and Thomas Jones with a washed up LT who had a 3.3 Yds/carry last year. Not to mention letting go of one of the top run-blocking guards of the decade in Alan Fanica.

Washington was coming off a serious injury, his agent wanted a stupid contract and LT was playing behind an OL built to let Rivers throw the ball; he has looked outstanding in the pre-season, whilst Washington and Jones have neither of them looked particularly impressive thus far as Seattle and Kansas respectively. The biggest problem on the ground on Monday was Shonn Greene who is supposed to be the feature back this season, he didn't appear to be able to hang on to the ball. As for Faneca, $8M a year for a guard who can't keep the pocket closed does not represent value; his pass protection at times last season was awful and Sanchez is flaky enough that he doesn't need additional pressure. That having been said, Faneca's replacements aren't any better, they're just cheaper.

I hear what you say about NE using the prevent defence in the second half but against a more effective offence there were plenty of opportunities to to get opened up, and the point stands about the horrific Bengals defence in the first half irrespective of what you think the NE OL did to them. Without Cincinatti opening up and inviting Brady to pick his plays at will you don't get the opportunity to go to prevent at all. The Jets' defence is a very different proposition as long as they don't pick up as many penalties, and I think that will be helped by the fact that NE don't have the receiving corps that Baltimore does (Boldin and Houshmanzadeh left Revis and Cromartie alone largely, and took turns to teach the rookie nickel Wilson a few lessons about the NFL). We really need the Jets' offence to play to the level they're capable of though if we're going to make a game of it.

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 12:05:23 PM »
Well I just spoke with Chan Gailey and told him and "the boys" that I wouldn't stand for another bad season.  They promised me they wouldn't loose again, so we should be good to go.    :thumbsup:

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!!!

Offline work2play

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
    • Petition Spot - CBC is for all Canadians
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 03:53:12 PM »
Tailgating out of control in Buffalo?

From TSN:  NFL attempts to tone down tailgating in Buffalo

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=334084

Bills games are known as one of the best tailgating parties in the NFL.  Does the NFL really need to step in here? 
Lost your job yet?  Keep buying foreign!