Author Topic: NFL 2010 Season  (Read 12755 times)

Offline Johnny English

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Canadian Heroine
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2010 Season
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2010, 04:05:11 PM »
I don't understand this whole tailgating thing. Why would you tailgate when you can go to a bar where someone else cooks your food and pulls your beer and you can sit in the warmth?
We all dream of a team of Chris Kellys.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2010, 04:14:48 PM »
Tailgating out of control in Buffalo?

From TSN:  NFL attempts to tone down tailgating in Buffalo

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=334084

Bills games are known as one of the best tailgating parties in the NFL.  Does the NFL really need to step in here? 

For the definitive opinion on this, I think classmate should let us know what she thinks!! :nod:
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2010, 06:20:28 PM »

Bills games are known as one of the best tailgating parties in the NFL.  Does the NFL really need to step in here? 

What that guy does doesn't offend me.  What does offend me is when a guy pulls his pants down around his ankle and then pee's on the road when there is a port-a-potty two feet away.   It's not like I haven't thought about doing that myself while waiting for one of those port-a-potty's to become free, but come on guys,...... REALLY!!!!!

Got to say, it has gotten better in the past few years, though.   Tailgating is awesome and we always have a great time doing it. 

LET"S GO BUFFALO .........LET"S GO BUFFALO .........LET"S GO BUFFALO .........LET"S GO BUFFALO .........LET"S GO BUFFALO .........

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2010, 06:54:34 PM »
^^Is that your 'crew'?  Nice looking bunch of fans!   :nod:

I have nothing against tailgating....as long as it's in good fun!  (The bathroom habits of which you speak also annoy me....the world is NOT your toilet! :duh).  Hope you have a good season with your Bills this year!! :woohoo
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2010, 07:14:33 PM »
^^Is that your 'crew'?  Nice looking bunch of fans!   :nod:

I have nothing against tailgating....as long as it's in good fun!  (The bathroom habits of which you speak also annoy me....the world is NOT your toilet! :duh).  Hope you have a good season with your Bills this year!! :woohoo

That is me and my crew.  Hubby, son, future daughter-n-law and my brother.  And from your mouth to gods ears Rose.  I would like for just ONE of my teams to not suck this year.   :drink:

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2010, 12:31:48 AM »
That is me and my crew.  Hubby, son, future daughter-n-law and my brother.  And from your mouth to gods ears Rose.  I would like for just ONE of my teams to not suck this year.   :drink:

Here's hoping your teams earn you the "Triple Crown"  (Buffalo-Ottawa-Binghamton)!!!  Enjoy!!   :drink:

Offline Special J

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2010, 08:06:50 AM »

NFL = No Fun League
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." - Homer Simpson

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2010, 11:27:41 AM »
Read an interesting 'stat' in an article today where it said that SI had an article published recently where it stated 78% of former NFL players experience either bankruptcy or severe financial difficulties once they stop playing.  Yikes!!

Offline Johnny English

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Canadian Heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2010, 07:41:03 PM »
I'm going to have alot of fun with you this season. Lets see you here next week when the Patriots destroy your Jets. I don't who I hate more, Jets or Colts. Your team is second rate in the NFL and that is what history says.

As requested, I'm here. Said destruction didn't appear to materialise though; I told you the Patriots' D was shaky and you (and other Pats fans I've spoken to, in fairness) told me it was all about the prevent. It wasn't just that, it's that there are a couple of stand out players in the NE front seven (Wilfork and Banta-Cain) and the rest are pretty average; the secondary is really quite crap - McCourty looks like he's going to be good, but he's a rookie and he'll make mistakes. It was great to see Schottenheimer finally let Sanchez throw, but the Patsies opened up the door and let the Jets receivers in. Butler in particular was diabolical. Just as well for you that LT's washed up, eh? And that the replacement of Faneca has left such great big holes in the O-line?

I'm not predicting the end of the dynasty or saying that NE are busted, but this is not a particularly good D and against a defence as good as the Jets' they can't rely on Brady throwing 30+ points. Next time New England see the Jets we'll hopefully have Revis for the whole game and Santonio Holmes as another target for a QB who can throw. You'd better hope that Belicheat figures out how to fix that secondary and fast.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 07:43:08 PM by Johnny English »

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2010, 09:40:08 AM »
Gee...maybe the Vikings should start one of the QBs who showed up for ALL of training camp.  Minnesota is 0-2 and Favre had an extraordinarily bad game yesterday.    :thumbsup:

Offline Johnny English

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Canadian Heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2010, 02:42:25 PM »
Hello Docawesome........ paging Docawesome............ you've gone all quiet on me even though you logged on a couple of days ago. Want to come and tell me how giving up 30 points to an awful Buffalo offence was nothing to do with the Pats' terrible D and all about Bill's tactical master plan running a prevent strategy? Meanwhile, that washed up old crock LT was again the best running back on display last night as the second rate Jets went top of the AFC East.

Offline work2play

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
    • Petition Spot - CBC is for all Canadians
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2010, 04:48:34 PM »
Looks like Edwards has gone from Bills starter to unemployed in a week.
http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=335426
Fitzpatrick played well for Buffalo and took full advantage of a weak Patriots secondary.

The Chiefs have started the season 3-0, didn't see that coming. 
It gets tougher for them after their bye week with a trip to visit the Colts.

Speaking of 3-0 teams, the other one in the AFC is the Steelers  :D 
Pittsburgh also gets their biggest test of the season next week when the Ravens come to visit.
Lost your job yet?  Keep buying foreign!

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2010, 09:59:30 PM »
Keep smiling there Steeler lover.  I remember just a few short years ago the Bills started 4-0 and then won what? Two games after that.  I would love to see that happen to the Stinky Steelers.  ..... Just saying. ;)

Offline work2play

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2010, 12:23:10 PM »
Keep smiling there Steeler lover. 
:) :D  :nod:
I remember just a few short years ago the Bills started 4-0 and then won what? Two games after that. 
And I remember that in the Bills entire existence they have won ... what?  Nothing!  Just sayin'  ;)
I would love to see that happen to the Stinky Steelers.  ..... Just saying. ;)
I know you would like to see a repeat of last year where the Steelers started strong (5-2) and then faded and missed the playoffs.  It's the Patriots I like to see things like that happen to most.  Looks like it will be a while before anyone needs to worry about the Bills getting off to a start that strong.

Offline Johnny English

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Canadian Heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2010, 04:49:27 PM »
And I remember that in the Bills entire existence they have won ... what?  Nothing! 

Hold on there just one cotton-picking minute, as any Bills fan will be at pains to tell you they're the only team to go to four successive Superbowls and lose every single one.

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2010, 05:28:44 PM »
Hold on there just one cotton-picking minute, as any Bills fan will be at pains to tell you they're the only team to go to four successive Superbowls and lose every single one.

Yea SOOOOOOO?????????  They did didn't they??????    ;)   
It's tough being a Bills/B-Sens fan but someone's gotta do it.  :smily677:

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2010, 06:10:36 PM »
Yea SOOOOOOO?????????  They did didn't they??????    ;)  
It's tough being a Bills/B-Sens fan but someone's gotta do it.  :smily677:

And I personally applaud your courage, fortitude and persistence!! :icon_applause2:

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2010, 07:56:03 PM »
And I personally applaud your courage, fortitude and persistence!! :icon_applause2:

Or I'm just a dumbass.    :smily677:     :mrgreen: 

Thanks Rose.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2010, 09:50:48 PM »
Or I'm just a dumbass.    :smily677:     :mrgreen: 

Thanks Rose.

You are NOT a dumbass and, most definitely, you are not a bandwagon-jumper!!  You're a true fan of your teams, is all. :nod:

Offline work2play

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2010, 12:20:44 PM »
Or I'm just a dumbass.    :smily677:     :mrgreen: 
Standing behind your team through the good times and bad makes you a loyal fan, not a dumbass.