Author Topic: NFL 2010 Season  (Read 12747 times)

Offline Johnny English

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Canadian Heroine
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2010 Season
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2010, 11:42:10 AM »
I'm still hoping that Docawesome is going to follow up his smack talk with some contrition, or at least explanation. Perhaps tell us what master plan Belichick has to stop Miami given his defence gave up thirty points to Buffalo last week?
We all dream of a team of Chris Kellys.

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2010, 01:02:09 PM »
I'm still hoping that Docawesome is going to follow up his smack talk with some contrition, or at least explanation. Perhaps tell us what master plan Belichick has to stop Miami given his defence gave up thirty points to Buffalo last week?
  Belichick will just get pissed again and walk off the field.  Sound familiar?

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2010, 02:40:30 PM »

I can't remember the last time I have seen "contrition" and "smack talk" in the same sentence...much less in terms of Doc!!   ;)
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline Johnny English

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Canadian Heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2010, 11:35:41 AM »
Smack talk's fun and I'm certainly not averse to dishing some out, but if you're going to give it then you've got to come back and take your lumps when your team fails to deliver.

Offline Docawesome

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Sensnet mob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ESPN.com
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2010, 05:36:34 PM »

I'm going to be honest. The New England Patriots won 3 Superbowls because of 4 reasons, 3 of which float around the mainstream: Brady, Belichick, and defense. But the fourth reason is lockerroom police or real leaders. People talk about Spezza hoping he would emerge as a leader but I find it laughable. Spezza will never be the type of leader Bruschi, Harrison, Vrabel, McGinnist, Law, and Milloy were. That type of leadership I think comes with ones personality. Any team with good leaders can win a superbowl but you need the type of leadership that demands accountability and almost military-like discipline to go to the Superbowl 4 times in 6 years. The Patriots don't have that leadership anymore. As soon as the last leader retired (Bruschi) the change was very noticeable. The Patriots wiill not contend for a Superbowl let alone become another dynasty anytime soon. I just believe they can still blow out teams and win the AFC East. And I also don't respect the Jets. They are a pathetic red-headed step child that won't grow up. I didn't like the Colts for the same reason but I've come to respect them the last 4 years, unlike the Jets.

"The upper class: keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes.  The middle class: pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.  The poor are there...just to scare the shit out of the middle class."

Offline Johnny English

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Canadian Heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2010, 11:32:45 AM »
So you don't respect the Jets because they talk a lot, but you do respect a coach who has been found guilty of cheating?

Edit: and you reckon that the one of the four you've lost is leadership? Only the fact that the Patriots have given up 24, 28 and 30 points in their first three games suggests that the defence, like I told you, is not very good.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 12:53:40 PM by Johnny English »

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2010, 04:47:30 PM »
Donovan McNab got a nice ovation from the fans in Philly upon his return with the Redskins today.  The 'skins are leading as I type this.
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2010, 06:08:41 PM »
Vick got knocked out of the game in the first half.  Redskins lead 17-6.

Offline work2play

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
    • Petition Spot - CBC is for all Canadians
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2010, 01:13:13 PM »
Winning in his first return to Philly must have been sweet for McNab.

How about them Chiefs being the last undefeated in the NFL?

Congrats to the Raven's on knocking off the Steelers yesterday, they made the big plays they needed to when the game was on the line.
Lost your job yet?  Keep buying foreign!

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2010, 01:32:01 PM »
Winning in his first return to Philly must have been sweet for McNab.

How about them Chiefs being the last undefeated in the NFL?

Congrats to the Raven's on knocking off the Steelers yesterday, they made the big plays they needed to when the game was on the line.

The win by the 'Skins was bittersweet for me since I'm a longtime Eagles fan.  But I like McNabb a lot and was pleased for him!

The Chiefs fans must be ecstatic!  Who would have thought that they would have such a great start!!??

Offline work2play

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
    • Petition Spot - CBC is for all Canadians
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2010, 02:23:38 PM »
The win by the 'Skins was bittersweet for me since I'm a longtime Eagles fan.  But I like McNabb a lot and was pleased for him!
I can see how that would make it bittersweet.

The Chiefs fans must be ecstatic!  Who would have thought that they would have such a great start!!??
I doubt that even the most die hard Chiefs fan would have predicted them starting 4-0.  Definitely the surprise of the year.
Lost your job yet?  Keep buying foreign!

Offline Johnny English

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Canadian Heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2010, 06:49:48 PM »
F*ck the Jets! 9-7 book it. Go Patriots!

Still confident that the Jets, 5-1 as they go into their bye week, are going to be 9-7?

Offline Docawesome

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Sensnet mob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ESPN.com
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2010, 01:50:06 PM »
Still confident that the Jets, 5-1 as they go into their bye week, are going to be 9-7?

Maybe not. But my guarantee to you is your team will lose to a team with a real QB in the playoffs be that New England, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, or Baltimore. The Jets are not good enough to play with the big boys. And as the oldest team in the league this season is your last shot. Enjoy watching New England bitch-slap your Jets over the next 5 years as has been the case the last 10.

"The upper class: keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes.  The middle class: pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.  The poor are there...just to scare the shit out of the middle class."

Offline Johnny English

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Canadian Heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2010, 10:22:06 PM »
Aw c'mon, Doc, you've got to try harder than that. He's a sophomore quarterback who last year went to the Championship game, and this season is 5-1. No, he's not Brady or Peyton, and he probably won't be any time soon if at all, but "not good enough to play with the big boys"? They've looked pretty good thus far. You should worry more about a defence that rode its luck and its quarterback to get another close victory today, this time against the mighty Chargers. The Jets have looked rather more convincing than the Pats for their 5-1 record this season.

Also, making stuff up won't help your cause. The Jets aren't the oldest team in the league, in fact they're nothing like it - their average age of 26.4 (a whole 0.4 above the Patriots) puts them 21st. Yes, they're still a work in progress and whilst there are some older players in the side, the core of it - Sanchez, Mangold, Revis, Greene, Cromartie, Holmes, Ferguson - have all got their best years ahead of them. And as for your last desperate statement, no-one could argue that the Pats have been a better side over the last ten years than the Jets, but in the last two seasons the record has been 1-1 and the Jets are getting better. You can't sensibly make that argument for the Patriots.

You should probably stick to talking hockey, football doesn't appear to be your forte.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2010, 05:14:32 PM »
Fox Sports is reporting that Favre has two fractures in his ankle after the game versus Green Bay yesterday.

Oh, for the love of god, just RETIRE! :shake:

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2010, 06:47:24 PM »
Fox Sports is reporting that Favre has two fractures in his ankle after the game versus Green Bay yesterday.

Yes before you become a full blown "Tiger".    :mrgreen:

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2010, 06:48:24 PM »
On a side note, who thinks the Bills will go 0-16 this season?   :banana:

Actually Fitz is starting to look decent, at times that is.

Offline Johnny English

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Canadian Heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2010, 07:20:05 PM »
I didn't see the game so not really sure how the Bills managed to put 34 points on the Ravens' D, but unless Ray Lewis and gang spent the day having one massive collective brain fart, it's just possible that Buffalo might have enough offence to actually win a game.

Offline playertobenamedlater

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2010, 12:09:37 AM »

I'm not really a football fan, and even less of a Packers fan, but I LOVED seeing the way Favre blew that game. I'm just sick of the annual "decision" saga that goes along with him. Hopefully, this will be his last season (if he even finishes it).
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2010, 02:20:11 AM »
I'm not really a football fan, and even less of a Packers fan, but I LOVED seeing the way Favre blew that game. I'm just sick of the annual "decision" saga that goes along with him. Hopefully, this will be his last season (if he even finishes it).

If there is a god, he's done.