Author Topic: NFL 2010 Season  (Read 12756 times)

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Re: NFL 2010 Season
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2010, 09:36:03 AM »
Tony Romo.....broken collarbone.  He's done for the season. 
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2010, 01:09:25 PM »
Tony Romo.....broken collarbone.  He's done for the season. 

:crier:   NOT

Actually I hate to see anyone hurt but .......... Cowboys can suck it.

Offline Johnny English

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Canadian Heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2010, 03:53:39 PM »
We all dream of a team of Chris Kellys.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2010, 04:15:59 PM »
THAT'S ^^ mean........but funny! :laugh2:
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2010, 05:47:26 PM »
THAT'S ^^ mean........but funny! :laugh2:

Not mean, just funny.  And I HATE the Yankees too. 

Boy I sound like I hate all teams, except the ones I love of course.   ;)

Offline Special J

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2010, 09:18:02 AM »
Nothing is too mean when it comes to bashing the filthy Cowboys.  Ok, I won't make fun of one of them if their child has cancer, but that about where I draw the line.  Mocking anything on the field or their rap sheets, goes.

Thank goodness the Cowboys are done.  Every week the flapping heads would go on about "This is a pivotal game in their ineveitable trip to the Superbowl! A win here and they're back in it!"  NO! You tools. It was over three weeks ago.
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." - Homer Simpson

Offline work2play

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
    • Petition Spot - CBC is for all Canadians
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2010, 06:23:59 PM »
On a side note, who thinks the Bills will go 0-16 this season?   :banana:
I don't think the Bills will go 0-16.   1-15 or 2-14 maybe, but not 0-16  :icon_hiding2:

Actually Fitz is starting to look decent, at times that is.
He certainly looks better than the bum that started the season at QB for the Bills  :smily1263:
Lost your job yet?  Keep buying foreign!

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2010, 08:14:13 PM »
I don't think the Bills will go 0-16.   1-15 or 2-14 maybe, but not 0-16  :icon_hiding2:
He certainly looks better than the bum that started the season at QB for the Bills  :smily1263:

Well I do kinda hope they win the one game I am going to this season.... against Detroit.  Or I could be delusional and think they are going to win the remainder of the games this season.   But then, so might the Senators.   :mrgreen:

Offline Special J

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 29, 2010, 12:27:01 PM »
Well the good news is you can start scouting out who your team should draft 1st overall.  The bad news is you'll have to pay him franchise player money even though he hasn't played a single down in the pros.
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." - Homer Simpson

Offline work2play

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
    • Petition Spot - CBC is for all Canadians
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2010, 01:01:44 PM »
Bills claimed Merriman off waivers from San Diego.

Should help Buffalo find a pass rush, if Merriman can get back to the level he played at before his knee surgery.  Somethng he hasn't done yet.
Lost your job yet?  Keep buying foreign!

Offline Johnny English

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Canadian Heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2010, 11:13:29 PM »
More importantly, something he hasn't done since he came off the juice.

Offline Special J

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2010, 10:43:49 PM »
Merriman with one leg and 'roid withdrawal is still better than the rest of the Bill's defense.  Though picking him up seems like a waste of time to me.

Offline Johnny English

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Canadian Heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2010, 10:47:19 AM »
Given they're not going to do anything this season anyway, it's a no-risk eight game trial. It's his last chance at a decent FA contract so he's got plenty of motivation to do well, and if he does Buffalo get first refusal on a potentially outstanding pass rusher, something they desperately need. If he can't reproduce the Merriman of old, it isn't like it will have ruined Buffalo's season.

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2010, 10:52:12 AM »
Given they're not going to do anything this season anyway, it's a no-risk eight game trial. It's his last chance at a decent FA contract so he's got plenty of motivation to do well, and if he does Buffalo get first refusal on a potentially outstanding pass rusher, something they desperately need. If he can't reproduce the Merriman of old, it isn't like it will have ruined Buffalo's season.

Good point.  I think what the Bills need is a new owner/GM.  Preferably one that will keep the team in Buffalo.  :mrgreen:   Seriously, how many decent QB's have they had since Kelly was around?  I always liked Doug Flutie but the rest of the team sucked then too.   :shake:

Offline Johnny English

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Canadian Heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 16, 2011, 11:49:04 PM »
Maybe not. But my guarantee to you is your team will lose to a team with a real QB in the playoffs be that New England, Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, or Baltimore. The Jets are not good enough to play with the big boys. And as the oldest team in the league this season is your last shot. Enjoy watching New England bitch-slap your Jets over the next 5 years as has been the case the last 10.

Your posts are just a world of fun waiting to be dredged back up. Are you coming back to play, Doc, or are you slinking off with your tail between the legs now until next season?

Offline Docawesome

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Sensnet mob
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ESPN.com
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2011, 02:16:02 PM »
Haha lol touche.

Enjoy it. Jets didn't get lucky they earned it. But I don't see it happening again. This QB is not good period. Next year we'll be back re-dominate the Jets. Quote me in 12 months.

"The upper class: keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes.  The middle class: pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.  The poor are there...just to scare the shit out of the middle class."

Offline Johnny English

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Canadian Heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2011, 12:23:56 AM »
It's possible you're correct, but I just watched your 33 year old quarterback who hasn't won a game in the postseason since 2007, who looks increasingly uncomfortable at the first sign of pressure, with an increasingly confused look on his face throw hopeful passes at the backs of locked down receivers

I watched the vaunted Patsies offensive line give up five sacks to a defence with a poor pass rush.

I watched fat boy Wilfork resort to cheap shots on the "not good period" quarterback who will, if the Jets win against Pittsburgh, take the all time record for playoff road wins for an NFL quarterback - in his second season!

I watched the supposed best coach in the NFL (who hasn't won a Superbowl since he was caught cheating) going to crappily designed and poorly executed gadget plays like a fake punt - in the first half.

And all the time increasingly desperate Patriot fans are clinging to the fact that they've got a stockpile of draft picks for next year that they might be able to use if there's actually a season, and that almost certainly won't be spent on replacing the face of the franchise who is going to get worse and worse each season. They might use it on drafting a deep threat, but that conveniently overlooks the fact that Brady isn't the best long throwing QB to start with and the Jets have now proven twice in one season that with an intelligent four man rush, a safety in the box to cover the slant routes and slot receivers, and decent single coverage on the wide and long men, Brady is eminently stoppable.

Talk big all you like, but the dynasty is crumbling and Roger Kraft-Goodell can only help your franchise so much. Still, only 28 days until pitchers and catchers report, eh?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 09:11:36 AM by Johnny English »

Offline Special J

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2011, 09:14:21 AM »
Let the Flamewar begin!