Author Topic: Binghamton Senators 2010-2011 Season Thread  (Read 14527 times)

Offline Centurian420

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
Re: Binghamton Senators 2010-2011 Season Thread
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2010, 06:06:44 PM »
just want to thank CM for her work on the thread.
I'm not a big AHL fan (only so much time), but I like to know whats up with the b-sens.

Thanks
When Alfie goes, we're f@ked

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2010, 08:14:46 PM »
Nope new name,  Connecticut Whale.  Just one apparently.   :mrgreen:

http://www.hartfordwolfpack.com/

Rather than be the hunter, they prefer to be the prey?  :popcorn:
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2010, 10:20:10 AM »
A discussion on Versus about Brusts hit on a Wolf Pack player.

http://www.versus.com/nhl/videos/viral-video/in-stream/sort/most-recent/i/5/

Also some pretty cool shots by "everyone's" favorite Sidney Crosby.   8)   :laugh2:

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2010, 10:37:23 AM »
I think Brust going after the guy was fine, somebody had to, but maybe he should have taken his blocker and glove off first.  Now, with that said, I don't play goal so I have no idea if you can just shake them off like players do or if it's a little more time consuming. :)

Offline butterfly_style

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The Puck Stops Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2010, 10:50:24 AM »
I think Brust going after the guy was fine, somebody had to, but maybe he should have taken his blocker and glove off first.  Now, with that said, I don't play goal so I have no idea if you can just shake them off like players do or if it's a little more time consuming. :)
My gloves are stapped on so tight, it's near impossible to get them off.
Plus . . .it's just fun to hit someone with your blocker.

Offline playertobenamedlater

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2010, 11:04:42 AM »
Goalies' gloves are very hard to remove, and can't be shaken off like regular skaters' gloves. I still remember when Pruzek was with the Sens and got into a fight. He had to drag the other goalie to the bench, and hold onto him while Todd White removed his glove for him, then went on to win the fight.
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2010, 09:38:21 PM »
Great game tonight against first place WBS.  Wilkes Barre has only lost 4 games this season so far and 2 of them were to the B-Sens.   :banana: :ccclapping: O'Brien had a big night as did Barry Brust (goalie) he stopped 52 out of 54 shots on goal.  B-Sens win  5-2.  Most goals allowed by WBS this season too.

More tomorrow but don't forget to go to SBP and cheer on the B-Sens Friday night. (tomorrow). 

Offline Sugar J.Hyde

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Go blow yourself up
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2010, 09:55:50 AM »
Goalies' gloves are very hard to remove, and can't be shaken off like regular skaters' gloves. I still remember when Pruzek was with the Sens and got into a fight. He had to drag the other goalie to the bench, and hold onto him while Todd White removed his glove for him, then went on to win the fight.

Um, you mean Hurme?

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2010, 12:20:26 PM »
Um, you mean Hurme?

Right, my bad. It was 9 years ago after all...
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Offline gosensgo101

• Hall of Fame Inductee
  • So long Fish & Kells
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2010, 12:51:32 PM »
A chronicle of all the Sens' goalie fights shows it. Its a good watch regardless. Maybe we need a brawl to get us going again.

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2010, 04:51:15 PM »
The rumor mill says Butler will be brought up soon to "save the day???"  I know I sound like a broken record over the years when I have said, "Let the kids play a full year in Bingo to DEVELOP. Isn't that what we are here for?"  Looks like someone may agree just a bit with me. 

On Bobby Butler: "I think he's coming along. Do I think he's ready to be whisked off to Ottawa? Not my call. But, at the end of the day, I will be the first one to tell you that I think there's a great value to this league. I think if a team has the luxury of leaving these guys down here when they're youngsters and first-year players, I think the longer they can stay and play the way Bobby Butler does, I think the better prepared he will be prepared for the day when it comes. Because I think we will all agree that the day is going to come. But what's the hurry, what's the rush? Why send him too soon, and then have him have a setback? I think things are moving along nicely. I don't say that because I'm afraid to lose him. When that day comes, he'll be in the rearview mirror, and I'll be very happy for him and very proud of him and all that other stuff. But I just think it's healthy. And he's not the only one; I say the same thing about all the young kids."      .....  Coach Kurt Kleinendorst
pressconnects.com

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2010, 05:34:53 PM »
If the big club thinks that rushing the development of one of their prospects is their best hope of saving the season, then things are darker than they look. Might as well start the rebuild now.

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2010, 01:33:34 AM »
I think the call-up is only for a few games, until Murray makes a desperate trade to try and save his ass.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2010, 06:48:22 AM »
I think the call-up is only for a few games, until Murray makes a desperate trade to try and save his ass.

At this point, it's going to take more than a trade for this team to get anywhere. It's time to start thinking about the rebuild. Guys are coming up for free agency this year, let's start making some trades for prospects.

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2010, 08:06:11 AM »
At this point, it's going to take more than a trade for this team to get anywhere. It's time to start thinking about the rebuild. Guys are coming up for free agency this year, let's start making some trades for prospects.

100% agree. I would want to see Murray dumped BEFORE he can make any trade, since I don't think he'll be around next year and I don't want him sending good, young players out of town for a desperate fix that won't work.

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2010, 10:47:39 AM »
100% agree. I would want to see Murray dumped BEFORE he can make any trade, since I don't think he'll be around next year and I don't want him sending good, young players out of town for a desperate fix that won't work.

We can only hope that he continues to keep his focus on the futire of hte team, and keep building rather than piss away good young prospects for a quick fix that might improve the team marginally in the short term. Scary thing is- if Murray was to go, who would they get to replace him? HIndsight being 20- 20, it would have been great to have promoted Peter Chiarelli while we stil had him, fired Muckler a year earlier, and kept Murray as head coach.

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2010, 01:50:13 PM »
if Murray was to go, who would they get to replace him? HIndsight being 20- 20, it would have been great to have promoted Peter Chiarelli while we stil had him, fired Muckler a year earlier, and kept Murray as head coach.

I would have to defer to people who are more in tune with other team's management, but I'm quite sure there's a few assistant GMs out there ready to step up to the next level, similar to Chiarelli with the Sens a few years ago.

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2010, 05:02:00 PM »
If the big club thinks that rushing the development of one of their prospects is their best hope of saving the season, then things are darker than they look. Might as well start the rebuild now.

It's been done before so I wouldn't put anything past Murray. 

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2010, 05:47:58 PM »
I would have to defer to people who are more in tune with other team's management, but I'm quite sure there's a few assistant GMs out there ready to step up to the next level, similar to Chiarelli with the Sens a few years ago.

Yeah, I was just throwing that out there, because I'm in the same boat. I have no idea what the management situation is with other teams. The only thing I can think of is to lure Jay Feaster or Scotty Bowman out of their "special advisor" roles with the Flames and Hawks respectively.

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2010, 09:45:15 AM »
Bad weekend for the B-Sens.  They lose to two division rivalries, Friday night against WBS 4-2 (one open net goal for WBS) and Saturday night to Hershey.  4-0.  Lehner was again in goal for the shutout against Hershey.  The games were not home games so I can't comment too much on how they went except to say that the "kid" seems to be having all kinds of trouble so far.  True, he hasn't played many games yet but it seems to me the coach is a little apprehensive about putting him in goal.  I guess it's a waiting game now but historically, this is the time of year the B-Sens fall apart.  **sigh**