Ottawa Senators Forums > Sens Talk

All right. Let's do this.

<< < (2/8) > >>

PiePants:

--- Quote from: FV on December 08, 2010, 11:46:54 AM ---Has anyone seen any media accounts of Melnyk saying on Saturday "Buckle up, we're going all the way this year"?  I'm reading that he said it on other boards but can't find any real report of it.

I want to see for sure if he's really a delusional, certifiable headcase.  If he did he must have been soberly challenged at the time. 

--- End quote ---

It wasn't this past Saturday, it was two Saturdays ago, they were interviewing him on HNIC before the game, and that's when he said it .

Special J:
Lay off the sauce, Eugene!  We need you on board for this!

UniCop:

--- Quote from: FV on December 08, 2010, 11:46:54 AM ---Has anyone seen any media accounts of Melnyk saying on Saturday "Buckle up, we're going all the way this year"?  I'm reading that he said it on other boards but can't find any real report of it.

I want to see for sure if he's really a delusional, certifiable headcase.  If he did he must have been soberly challenged at the time. 

--- End quote ---

He said it on HNIC before the Ottawa-Toronto game to Elliott Freidman and, IMHO, he was plastered too.  Face was red, he was stammering over his words - very unlike the usual smooth talking Euge.

We can yell at Brian Murray until we're blue in the face to blow this thing up and start over, but we keep forgetting that he has a boss - the Euge - and if the Euge thinks we're Stanley Cup contenders, then Murray isn't going to be starting any rebuilding projects.

The Euge's attitude has to change before anything on the team starts changing.

PiePants:
But isn't that a chicken or the egg kind of question?  Are Murray's actions because Melnyk believes this team is a Stanley Cup contender, or does Melnyk believe this team is a Stanley Cup contender because that's what Murray has told him.  Even when we had a bad start in 06-07, Melnyk wasn't so outgoing to say something like that and seemed much more reserved saying the team will turn things around.

Small Town:
I do not believe these athletes are tanking it on purpose.  It just wouldn't be in their DNA to lose on purpose.  A couple of players may be disillusioned and can't get it up for game day but I would highly doubt that as a team they are tanking on purpose.  Losing sucks for them too (not just fans).

The point is that this is not a good team.  Part of it is the assembly of the team, part might be undisclosed injuries, part of it is players who are not good enough individually. 

We don't need to see mathematical calculations to see the writing on the (non)post-season wall.  They are done.  I say sell everything of value at the trade deadline for picks or hot prospects, cut lose just about everyone who's contract is expireing and rebuild this team.  I can live with the two-three years it will take to get back into serious contention.  I cannot live with mediocrity trying to parade as potential. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version