Author Topic: Super Bowl 45  (Read 8842 times)

Offline BlindDruid

• Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Super Bowl 45
« on: February 06, 2011, 07:13:06 PM »
Kind of a slow start, especially that long drawn out anthem and I hate long drawn out anthems.  But the Packers with 2 quick TD's have opened things up.

Time passes, things change, the Sens WILL WIN the CUP. 
edit -  Hopefully within my lifetime.......

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Super Bowl 45
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 08:04:30 PM »
I thought Aguilera's rendition of the anthem was downright brutal.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

Offline Johnny English

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Canadian Heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 08:28:38 PM »
The Black Guy Pees or whatever they're called made Aguilera sound like Dame Kiri Te Kanawa. Tortuous half time show.

I'm struggling to really get into the game. I'd rather see the Pack win, but I can't help but think that if the Jets hadn't completely puked on themselves in the first half against Pittsburgh they would be here now, and giving the Pack a good game.
We all dream of a team of Chris Kellys.

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 09:00:43 PM »
Long time Steelers fan (since the 70's) so I'm enjoying the second half.  Aguilera was her typical over the top self.  Just sing the damn song!!!  Slash was the best part of the half time. 

I really would love to see AC/DC do the half time show.  They are the most entertaining stadium touring band in the world right now.  They would be amazing at the Superbowl. 
Proud member of the P.P.A. since 2008.

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 04:02:41 PM »
The Black Guy Pees or whatever they're called made Aguilera sound like Dame Kiri Te Kanawa. Tortuous half time show.

I'm struggling to really get into the game. I'd rather see the Pack win, but I can't help but think that if the Jets hadn't completely puked on themselves in the first half against Pittsburgh they would be here now, and giving the Pack a good game.

Get over the Jets, they stunk it up and watched the game from home just like the Bills.  Christina Aguilera screwed up our National Anthem and Lea Michelle singing God Bless America before hand showed her up big time.  Half time show had so many mechanical and electrical screw ups it was embarrassing.  Only good result was the rapist "Big Ben" not getting a ring.  I was in Pittsburgh and was thrilled they lost.   :ccclapping: 

Offline work2play

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
    • Petition Spot - CBC is for all Canadians
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 04:33:35 PM »
Congrats to the Packers, they played mistake free football and deserved the win.
Lost your job yet?  Keep buying foreign!

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 06:59:02 PM »
Congrats to the Packers, they played mistake free football and deserved the win.

Except their receivers had trouble catching the ball.  The score could have been even higher for the Packers.

Offline Johnny English

• Future Hall of Famer
  • Canadian Heroine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 07:47:53 PM »
Get over the Jets,

No. Shan't.

they stunk it up and watched the game from home just like the Bills. 

True dat though.

Only good result was the rapist "Big Ben" not getting a ring.   :ccclapping: 

True dat as well.
We all dream of a team of Chris Kellys.

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • MacLean is Really Good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 09:00:24 PM »
  Only good result was the rapist "Big Ben" not getting a ring.  I was in Pittsburgh and was thrilled they lost.   :ccclapping: 

The Pack winning and putting the Favre ghost to bed is a good result to.

Offline Special J

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 12:57:39 AM »
Long time Steelers fan (since the 70's) so I'm enjoying the second half.  Aguilera was her typical over the top self.  Just sing the damn song!!!  Slash was the best part of the half time. 

I really would love to see AC/DC do the half time show.  They are the most entertaining stadium touring band in the world right now.  They would be amazing at the Superbowl. 

Any time I've seen any live stuff from them, they absolutely bring the house down.  And they sound awesome live.

How could this possibly suck NFL?!? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlejfA5NCbQ

And as far as metal goes, AC/DC is about as widespread appeal as you could get.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 01:01:03 AM by Special J »
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." - Homer Simpson

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2011, 01:17:05 AM »
And as far as metal goes, AC/DC is about as widespread appeal as you could get.

Gotta disagree, simply because I do not think for a second that AC/DC is a metal band. Hard rock, yes. Metal, no. The most widespread appeal for a metal band has got to be Metallica.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

Offline Special J

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2011, 12:57:41 PM »
Hard Rock, Metal, Whichever.  It would still be awesome.
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." - Homer Simpson

Offline momr

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2011, 12:59:02 PM »

Torturous half time show - agreed!!

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2011, 01:25:38 PM »
Hard Rock, Metal, Whichever.  It would still be awesome.

:mrgreen:

Offline Rickman

• Future Hall of Famer
  • True Sens Fan (not one of those bandwagon jumpers)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2011, 07:20:41 PM »
Gotta disagree, simply because I do not think for a second that AC/DC is a metal band. Hard rock, yes. Metal, no. The most widespread appeal for a metal band has got to be Metallica.
Metallica's last album sucked!  :icon_angry2:

AC/DC would be a much better show and would appeal to more people  :icon_bowdown2:

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2011, 01:27:43 AM »
Metallica's last album sucked!  :icon_angry2:

Death Magnetic is Metallica's best album since ...And Justice For All. A return to their metal roots. I will take a wild guess and say that you are the type that thinks the Black album is actual metal...  :smily677:

Offline stone169

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2011, 08:28:27 AM »
Death Magnetic is Metallica's best album since ...And Justice For All. A return to their metal roots. I will take a wild guess and say that you are the type that thinks the Black album is actual metal...  :smily677:
:icon_agree:

Although their stuff after ...And Justice For All was good, it just wasn't Metallica.  It was too polished and lacked that intensity of their first four albums.  The closest they came back to their roots was St. Anger, but even with that album there was still a certain level of comfort that comes with a band that's made their money.  The edge just wasn't there.  Death Magnetic is the album that should've been Metallica's 5th album.
There are good coaches and there are bad coaches, the real question is "Do you want this person to be a role model to your kids for the next 6 months".  That's the question you have to ask yourself.

Go Sarnia Jr. Sting Minor Midget MD!!!!!

Offline Special J

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2011, 10:47:35 AM »
I'm not defending the Black Eyed Peas performance, but the mix for TV didn't do them any favours.  It was terrible.  I don't understand with the resources being thrown at that production how they can get it wrong.

As far as the derail...Death Magnetic was great, but could have been awesome if it was mixed better.

Oh yeah, almost forgot...The game was pretty good. :)

Offline playertobenamedlater

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2011, 12:48:18 PM »
:icon_agree:

Although their stuff after ...And Justice For All was good, it just wasn't Metallica.  It was too polished and lacked that intensity of their first four albums.  The closest they came back to their roots was St. Anger, but even with that album there was still a certain level of comfort that comes with a band that's made their money.  The edge just wasn't there.  Death Magnetic is the album that should've been Metallica's 5th album.

That's what happens when Bob Rock produces any band. See Def Leppard, The Tragically Hip, and many more.
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2011, 01:54:56 PM »
That's what happens when Bob Rock produces any band. See Def Leppard, The Tragically Hip, and many more.

Amen to that.