Author Topic: Pastor Terry Jones and Afghanistan  (Read 1677 times)

Offline thirstymoose_2000

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • There's Always 2012
    • View Profile
Pastor Terry Jones and Afghanistan
« on: April 03, 2011, 09:57:46 AM »
In my view, Pastor Terry Jones should be put on a plane and sent to Afghanistan.

What a stupid, idiotic, and a bunch of words that would be blocked on this board, thing to do.

Thanks to his provocation people have died in Afghanistan.

I hope the families get some justice and he pays for such a stupid action.

CNN decided not to air an interview with the idiot.

2011-2012 Season of the Young Guns!

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
Re: Pastor Terry Jones and Afghanistan
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 10:04:49 AM »
While what he did was extremely idiotic there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON for Muslims to react the way they did.  I see over and over that Islam is not a violent religion yet every single time you hear of someone doing something such as even drawing Mohamed, or saying anything bad there are riots, protests and people getting killed; many times people dying who had NOTHING to do with what happened. 

That entire religion needs to take a step back and rethink how they respond to something like this. 

Offline playertobenamedlater

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 11:17:47 AM »
While what he did was extremely idiotic there is ABSOLUTELY NO REASON for Muslims to react the way they did.  I see over and over that Islam is not a violent religion yet every single time you hear of someone doing something such as even drawing Mohamed, or saying anything bad there are riots, protests and people getting killed; many times people dying who had NOTHING to do with what happened. 

That entire religion needs to take a step back and rethink how they respond to something like this. 

Absolutely agree.
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Offline thirstymoose_2000

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • There's Always 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 03:44:31 PM »
While I agree about the reaction, the reality is that we all knew that they WOULD react that way to the burning. Why do you not put your hand in a polar bear's mouth? Because you know you're getting bit.
2011-2012 Season of the Young Guns!

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 06:58:51 PM »
Classic case of 'two wrongs don't make a right'....I have no sympathy for either side on this (only sympathy for those who were killed) issue and no one is behaving in a civilized way - the burners or the killers.  Obviously "tolerance" is in neither of their vocabularies and people needlessly died as a result.  Very sad. :shake:
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline work2play

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
    • Petition Spot - CBC is for all Canadians
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 11:42:42 AM »

I agree that they should take a step back and think about the response.  But then again the Christian religion should take a step back and think about what burning books accomplishes, and how they can allow someone like this idiot of a pastor to burn another religions sacred text without widely condemning the action.

I also wonder what the reaction in the U.S. bible belt would be if someone was to come out and publicly declare that they were going to burn the King James bible, and then actually did so in spite of warnings that there would be a potentially violent backlash.

Idiocy all around on this one.
Lost your job yet?  Keep buying foreign!

Offline Special J

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 12:56:31 PM »
While I agree about the reaction, the reality is that we all knew that they WOULD react that way to the burning. Why do you not put your hand in a polar bear's mouth? Because you know you're getting bit.

Exactly.  He may have not committed a crime and the response in Afganistan was clearly wrong; But that doesn't mean you do it.

But I also lay some of the blame at the feet of CNN.  Sure you could say they were just reporting the news, but they made this a big story.  This guy was a nothing, country bumpkin and they made him a celebrity.  I remember them covering this clown's visit to NY like it was the Pope making a state visit.  They gave this idiot a platform to speak from.

Hey, Terry, you were right.  You got the reaction you wanted and proved your point, whatever that point might be.  You must be very proud despite the lives it cost.  I'm sure Jesus will forgive you.
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." - Homer Simpson

Offline FBK

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 01:24:07 AM »

I agree with you but may I remind you that the 2 worst insults to Muslims are burning the holy book and drawing the Prophet. Both of those have been done. The Muslims in Afghanistan are stubborn. In Afghanistan there is no peaceful way of protesting.

The way most Muslims are putting it over there is ''we didn't burn the Bible so why did they burn the Qur'an?''. So Muslims need to take a step back but the same thing must be done by Terry Jones and anyone else who burns insults a religon.
RAP AND HIP-HOP FOR LIFE

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 09:47:13 AM »
I agree with you but may I remind you that the 2 worst insults to Muslims are burning the holy book and drawing the Prophet.

So what?  That drawing the Prophet is FOR Muslims.  I'm not Muslim, the creators of South Park aren't Muslim.  Hate to break it to you but you can't apply YOUR (Muslims) rules on the rest of the world.  So he drew a picture, does that mean you can riot and kill people the world over?  Nope.  Sure, protest all you want, bring light to the fact you're pissed but do NOT kill people. 

Offline FBK

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 02:09:04 AM »
So what?  That drawing the Prophet is FOR Muslims.  I'm not Muslim, the creators of South Park aren't Muslim.  Hate to break it to you but you can't apply YOUR (Muslims) rules on the rest of the world.  So he drew a picture, does that mean you can riot and kill people the world over?  Nope.  Sure, protest all you want, bring light to the fact you're pissed but do NOT kill people. 

What I meant is that it isn't right to do what they did but it was totally expected for us.
RAP AND HIP-HOP FOR LIFE