Author Topic: Summer plans for the site and funds  (Read 2664 times)

Offline BlindDruid

• Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Summer plans for the site and funds
« on: April 15, 2011, 02:41:12 PM »
Hello all

First I would like to thank you all for being firm and loyal members.  Its regular members like you that make this site a success in terms of good discussion, insights and laughs.  It was a frustrating year for the team but it did end on a bright note which makes us look forward to the next season.

I am planning on updating the site at some point this summer which will require some downtime as the database is moved and converted to the latest version of the forum software.  This will add much needed functionality for both users and moderators.  This will be planned for sometime in the dead of summer and there will be plenty of notice.

Summer also brings the annual bill to host the site.  To be honest the last fundraiser was not the greatest and I ended up paying for most of it.  I really dont mind as this is my way of being a fan of the Senators and hockey since I never have the opportunity of going to any games  :( ,  however this year my oldest is starting his post-secondary education and so money is tight on my end.  So if you can spare a couple of dollars to help out with the cost of the site it would be much appreciated.  You can donate using this link  http://www.sensnetwork.com/sensforum/donate/donate.htm  or if you are not comfortable with online donations send me a PM and I will be happy to provide you with my address.

Thank you,

Rene

Time passes, things change, the Sens WILL WIN the CUP. 
edit -  Hopefully within my lifetime.......

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • MacLean is Really Good!
    • View Profile
Re: Summer plans for the site and funds
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 03:01:50 PM »
$50 sent your way.  I usually send $25, but hate to see you were in the hole last year. 

Offline Small Town

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 05:25:11 PM »
I sent $50 via paypal.  Appreciate all your work.
It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • MacLean is Really Good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 02:01:16 PM »
Nice, that's a good kick start for BD. 

Anything anyone can contribute would be helpful.  $2, $5, $10, it's all good.   

Offline MEAT

• Hall of Fame Inductee
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 11:17:41 AM »
Donated. I realize I've been nothing but a lurker for the last couple months, but I do appreciate your efforts and the contributions of everyone here!