Author Topic: Binghamton vs. Butterflies - First round playoffs  (Read 7088 times)

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • MacLean is Really Good!
    • View Profile
Binghamton vs. Butterflies - First round playoffs
« on: April 16, 2011, 02:12:34 AM »
 :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :banana: :banana:

Bingo got the split in Manchester last night, taking it 4-3 in OT.   They play a 2 games away, 3 home and 2 away, so IMHO getting a split is crucial under that format.  It is tough to win 3 in a row so without the split, all the Monarchs would need is one win in three and then get two cracks at home to close it out.  Great job!

I really think the team will get better as the playoffs go on as bodies are re-integrated.  Just need to get out of the first round now!

Online Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Binghamton vs. Butterflies - First round playoffs
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 03:26:28 AM »
I wish the AHL website had highlights like the NHL's site does. I listen to games (and have all year long) but I never get to see what happens.  :evil
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don’t need it"

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 08:55:35 AM »
I wish the AHL website had highlights like the NHL's site does. I listen to games (and have all year long) but I never get to see what happens.  :evil

Your wish is their command Metal.  :mrgreen: Check again in a few hours.  They are slow and sometimes a day behind but the first game highlights is there now. 

For now here are some highlights from the local tv station

http://www.wbng.com/sports/Sens-Get-OT-Win-Even-Series-With-Monarchs-119960664.html

Nice goal by the 20 year old college kid, Derek Grant. in OT.  I knew once they got that first goal, they would relax and play a bit better.  Barry Brust needs to watch his positioning and stop being a frustrated  "D-man."   :laugh2:

Now bring it home boys and let's take it to the next round.

:ccclapping:   

Offline Small Town

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 09:37:30 AM »
It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Offline Small Town

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 09:38:09 AM »
Ottawa 67's winger Tyler Toffoli scored Manchester's first goal. 
It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 01:55:52 PM »
Nice goal by the 20 year old college kid, Derek Grant. in OT.  I knew once they got that first goal, they would relax and play a bit better.  Barry Brust needs to watch his positioning and stop being a frustrated  "D-man."   :laugh2:

Little bit of an interview at the end of the clips, gad so young, I'm feeling it in my bones....

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 02:37:37 AM »
Ugh, knife to the gut loss today.  B-Sens had a 3-0 first period lead and lost 5-4 in OT.  That's tough on the mojo.  They must win the next 2 at home.

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 04:34:19 PM »
Derek Smith... out with an undisclosed injury....David Hale....out with an undisclosed injury..... Cory Locke....out with an undisclosed (yet everyone knows shoulder) injury.  Even the ECHL player that's up is injured. The offense is OK but our defense is very, very thin.  That was one of the things that killed us on Sunday.   :icon_banghead:   It's gonna be a looooooooooooong night. 

Oh well, it is what it is......GO B-SENS GO!!!!!

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 06:32:00 PM »
I believe I heard the "undisclosed injury" is code for the flu bug that has hit the dressing room.  Same thing is going around the Bruins' dressing room (and was the main contributor to Chara's diagnosis of dehydration).  Won't be the first time that a 'bug' has infected a team and made life difficult for them to get out of the round of playoffs they are in!  I think they should have all the 'sickies' breathing/barfing/coughing/hacking in the same room and re-route the vents into the opposition dressing room..... :smily1263:

Good Luck to the B-Sens tonight! :woohoo
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 11:45:17 PM »
Derek Smith... out with an undisclosed injury....David Hale....out with an undisclosed injury..... Cory Locke....out with an undisclosed (yet everyone knows shoulder) injury.  Even the ECHL player that's up is injured. The offense is OK but our defense is very, very thin.  That was one of the things that killed us on Sunday.   :icon_banghead:   It's gonna be a looooooooooooong night. 

Oh well, it is what it is......GO B-SENS GO!!!!!

Prophetic words.  4 3rd period goals against to lose 6-3.   Thin D indeed.

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 12:39:52 AM »
I sure hope these guys turn things around.  Sounds like Manchester is a tough team anyway.
“Being politically correct....not my forte”

Online Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2011, 01:03:28 AM »
Prophetic words.  4 3rd period goals against to lose 6-3.   Thin D indeed.

Brust is also less than even a shadow of his regular-season self. He's been borderline brutal so far.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don’t need it"

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2011, 06:00:42 AM »
Brust is also less than even a shadow of his regular-season self. He's been borderline brutal so far.

Ugh, bad news.  I didn't get to listen to the game and wondered about that.   Missing Hale would be huge on D, need the goalie to step up, not down.   If Rose is right and the flu is going through the dressing room, they are pretty cooked

Online Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2011, 01:53:18 PM »
Game 5 tonight, 7:05.

All those guys with all this NHL experience need to step it up as well. Condra, Butler and Greening in particular.

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 03:52:00 PM »
I believe I heard the "undisclosed injury" is code for the flu bug that has hit the dressing room.  Same thing is going around the Bruins' dressing room (and was the main contributor to Chara's diagnosis of dehydration).  Won't be the first time that a 'bug' has infected a team and made life difficult for them to get out of the round of playoffs they are in!  I think they should have all the 'sickies' breathing/barfing/coughing/hacking in the same room and re-route the vents into the opposition dressing room..... :smily1263:

Good Luck to the B-Sens tonight! :woohoo

Flu is code for injuries they don't want to disclose.  Kleinendorst said "Flu going around," with a smile so as not to give away where the injury is. "If it's an ankle, it's the flu."   I wish it were the flu.  I heard Derek Smith has a concussion which we all know, is not a good sign of a return anytime soon.

Game 5 tonight, 7:05.

All those guys with all this NHL experience need to step it up as well. Condra, Butler and Greening in particular.

They have disappeared in the playoffs and I'm sick of hearing them say, "They play rougher in the AHL......"   Blah blah Blah.  SUCK IT UP. 

I personally feel this is it tonight.  Lehner is starting and although he has good games, his nervousness when the pressure is on is VERY obvious. If he let's a couple in, it will be like a damn broke.  But what the heck, give the kid a try.  With the "D" sucking right now, he is going to have to get over being scared though and steal one for the team.   :ccclapping:

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 06:13:31 PM »
They have disappeared in the playoffs and I'm sick of hearing them say, "They play rougher in the AHL......"   Blah blah Blah.  SUCK IT UP. 

Are you S$#@@@n me?  AACK..  Wait until the REAL season starts in the NHL, not the phony "we're out of the playoffs" season.  AACK.

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 10:20:00 PM »
So they live to play another day with a win in OT.
How's the rollercoaster ride?  :laugh2:
“Being politically correct....not my forte”

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 10:55:33 PM »
So they live to play another day with a win in OT.
How's the rollercoaster ride?  :laugh2:

Not a big fan of rollercoaster's.   :spin:   Awww well at least I don't have to watch them be eliminated. :mrgreen:  Manchester is WAY more physical then the Sens.  Soft Sens?? Hmmm where have I heard that before?  Anyway, I hope I have to eat my words and they come back and actually take the series.  Locke MAY BE back Friday which could only help.  Lehner gets the start again.  He was ....... not bad, not great, just OK and good enough to get the win. 

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 11:14:56 PM »
Locke back would be fine, but can they dig up more than 4 full-time Dmen?   Potulny is looking like the best late pick-up for the B-Sens in a while.

B-Sens only have to win two in Manchester! 

Offline Rickman

• Future Hall of Famer
  • True Sens Fan (not one of those bandwagon jumpers)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2011, 08:16:40 AM »
GO SENS GO!