Author Topic: Binghamton vs. Butterflies - First round playoffs  (Read 6871 times)

Offline FBK

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Re: Binghamton vs. Butterflies - First round playoffs
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2011, 03:04:33 PM »
I hope bingo makes it to the second round.... with the way everything has gone in ottawa so far
RAP AND HIP-HOP FOR LIFE

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2011, 10:40:55 PM »
B-SENS WIN IN DOUBLE OT TO FORCE GAME 7 TOMORROW IN MANCHESTER. :happy dance:  Lehner in goal with 51 saves even facing a lame penalty shot by the number one scorer in the playoffs for Manchester.  Way to step up kid and make the big saves.  This is Bingo's 3rd OT win in the series.  Damn, never count them out, I've learned that this season for sure.  Wish I could make the trip to Manchester but I will be listening.  I am one happy fan tonight.   :ccclapping:   :ccclapping:   :ccclapping:  :happy dance:   :happy dance:

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • MacLean is Really Good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2011, 12:04:26 AM »
No kidding!  They gotta win the next one for the fans in Bingo.  I listened to the first two periods, and it sure sounded like the radio guys weren't sure about Lehner from the way there calling the game, great that he won a tough game like that. 

Offline FBK

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2011, 01:14:39 AM »
Yes we still have a chance...

Have the b-sens ever made it to the semi finals?
RAP AND HIP-HOP FOR LIFE

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2011, 02:58:06 AM »
Nice to hear that the kid got a win in double overtime tonight!  Lehner has had a kind of tough season with him having to be here in Ottawa without the proper development time in Bingo and stepping in for the O-Sens when he was clearly not ready to do so.  Will have to remember to put the game on the radio tomorrow night.  Is it a 7 pm start again?
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2011, 09:59:59 AM »
Lehner has played on the Worlds stage..so I don't get the "Kids not ready" type comments.  Yes he is young, Yes he hasn't played in a lot of B-Sens games and Yes he can be shakey at times.  But I'm not sure a 1st round series is much different than playing for his country in front of millions of Viewers can compare in terms of experience in high pressure games.

Anyway, If Locke comes back and the Goaltending and Defense can put up an iron curtain....I'm liking thier chances to move on considering Manchester has all the pressure on them now....in front of the home crowd....in win or done situation  :banana:
“Being politically correct....not my forte”

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2011, 10:32:27 AM »
Game 7 is indeed at 7:00 tonight Rose.  The B-Sens back in the lockout year, number one in the division, were sent packing by the WBS Penguins after winning 2 in a row and loosing 4 straight after that.  :bag:

I forgot to mention that the D has been playing with basically 4 players.  Geoff Kinrade said after the game. 

"It feels really good, just as good just the fact that it's over," joked Kinrade, one of only four regular defensemen remaining in the B-Sens' lineup. "That game was just lagging on. We're short on the back end, and I just didn't want to keep going out on the ice anymore. I was getting really tired. No; it was a huge win, obviously. We live to die another day, and hopefully it's not for quite some time yet."
  pressconnects.com

The bad news is, still only 5 (but really 4) d-men and no one  that has been out even made the trip to Manchester.  How tired will Lehner be after stopping 51 shots?  (The penalty shot actually missed the net all together but none the less, nerve wracking indeed.)

The good news is they have momentum and lots of it going into tonight's game.  The Monarch's will be just as tired as our guys and if need be, the B-Sens can always play Barry who although hasn't played his best in the playoffs, was certainly one of the reasons they are in it.  The most important plus to remember is this team seems to play better when down a couple bodies.  That has been the case all season long.  It also appears the newly formed (third period) line of Butler, Condra and O'Brien seems to have clicked.   

Whatever the outcome is tonight, we enjoyed a great season and look forward to next season.   :happy dance:    :icon_thankyou:

Offline Small Town

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2011, 06:37:16 PM »
With Manchester putting Tyler Toffoli back into the line up, they are looking for scoring power rather than grit tonight. He's a sniper and look for him to score for Manchester.  He can be hard to contain.  I want BSens to win but I think they are in tough given how their D is depleted 
It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2011, 06:56:19 PM »
Grady just said that Toffoli will NOT be re-inserted in the line-up. A 7th d-man will skate.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don’t need it"

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2011, 09:42:29 PM »
5 - 4OT  re Cardiac win for the b-sens  :ccclapping: :spin:

Gave up a 3 goal lead twice, go down 5 - 4..tie it up with about a minute or two left, win in OT to become one of 5 teams to win in 4 consecutive OT games in same series  :laugh2:

How ya doing Classmate  :A_laughing_matter:

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2011, 09:42:56 PM »
B-SENS WIN   B-SENS WIN    B-SENS WIN     B-SENS WIN 

THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!

:ccclapping:   :ccclapping: :ccclapping:  :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping: :ccclapping:

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2011, 09:43:52 PM »
Man they just don't make things easy on themselves do they?  It's the way it's been all season long. 

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2011, 09:45:41 PM »
Yes I get to watch more hockey at home this season.    :spin:   :spin:   :ccclapping:   :ccclapping:   :ccclapping: 

Anyone want to come down for a game or two, I'll buy ya a beer.   :nod:   

My husband gave up but I never did because I've seen this before.   Glad to know my faith in them paned out. 

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2011, 09:46:37 PM »
That was a fun game to watch, So long as you know teams can score goals in bunches at this level..
Potulny had a 5 point night including OT-GWG, kellar with the hatty.  I found a stream for the game and was happy to watch. There were what, 200 people in attendance and a shirtless kid getting lot's of air time. :laugh2:

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2011, 09:53:04 PM »
Thanks to Ottawa for Ryan Potulny.  Grants little brother.  Wonder if Hennessy has a little brother too.   :A_laughing_matter:   This is the first time in Binghamton Senator history to make it to round 2. In you face Spezza, Emery, etc, etc.   :mrgreen:

I'm sure the Murray's are happy too. 

Now bring on Portland Pirates.   :ccclapping:   :ccclapping: 

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • MacLean is Really Good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2011, 09:55:01 PM »
I found a stream for the game and was happy to watch.

link,link !!!!  Love to watch the next series. 

"let's go visit"....... $#$$)(%(%*%&%&$*#$(@@(%.... of course being sociable is more important to listening to the radio... I guess.....

Amazing comeback for the B-Sens in this series.  Congrats guys.  Watch out, this team is coming together.   Potulny was like a stealth weapon in this series. 

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2011, 09:59:50 PM »
link,link !!!!  Love to watch the next series. 
I found it on HFboards.   I'll be checking there again for the round two games.

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2011, 10:03:22 PM »
Thanks to Ottawa for Ryan Potulny.  Grants little brother.  I'm sure the Murray's are happy too. 

He was part of the Campoli -->>> Chicago deal wasn't he?  Seems like Murray did some good  :smily1263:  ;)

Offline Small Town

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2011, 10:11:22 PM »
Great for the BSens fans!  Great for the BSens players.  And great for the Sens organization.  On to round two!

Offline Small Town

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2011, 10:12:33 PM »
Grady just said that Toffoli will NOT be re-inserted in the line-up. A 7th d-man will skate.
I heard he was a last minute scratch. I thought they would have gone with his scoring power but he was a minus-2.