Author Topic: Binghamton vs. Pirates - Second round playoffs  (Read 10892 times)

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • MacLean is Really Good!
    • View Profile
Re: Binghamton vs. Pirates - Second round playoffs
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2011, 11:54:01 AM »
Most likely.  He has that weird disease that exacerbates what would be a minor illness to anyone else.  That said, he was seen at the arena today with Derek Smith watching practice from the stands so I guess ya never know.  May be more likely if they go another round.

I believe Derek Smith has a concussion, however that has never been confirmed.  Oh and Gryba WON'T be back tonight.   :(

Ouch, don't see much relief for the D.  I had forgotten about Hale's condition.  He has NHL ability but that is likely going to cost him a full-time NHL career.  I was impressed with him the first couple of times I saw him play.

Offline UniCop

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2011, 04:42:48 PM »
Cowan could be airlifted in if Spokane goes down tonight....at least he'd be a healthy body on D....

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2011, 10:34:42 PM »
6-1  THRASHING of the Pirates.  Awesome Bingo!!!  :POMPOM2:

Caught bits of the game on the radio while going out tonight, and it didn't sound like it was ever in doubt much.  The post-game show said the team felt they had let the fans down after the great support on Saturday - excellent way to show it guys!

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2011, 10:55:02 PM »
Great game and with Lindy Ruff himself in attendance.   :spin:   
Ran into Luke Richardson and Tim Murray (literally...almost) after the game as they were heading down to the locker room.   :laugh2: 
As we were driving home tonight my husband said "I'm pretty sure they (B-Sens) could have beaten ANYONE tonight".  That's exactly right.  60 minutes of some damn good hockey playing by the Binghamton Senators.   

Not much else to say tonight except BRING IT PIRATES!  Tomorrow, hopefully the final game in Round 2..... and at home no less.   :happy dance:

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2011, 11:56:44 PM »
See, it took that loss to shock them back into compete mode.  Nice thumping tonight...

hope game 4 is equally as entertaining  :ccclapping:
“Being politically correct....not my forte”

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2011, 12:58:55 AM »
Wiercioch left the game in the 3rd and I believe didn't return. The thin blue line gets even thinner...
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don’t need it"

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 03, 2011, 01:38:50 AM »
Wiercioch left the game in the 3rd and I believe didn't return. The thin blue line gets even thinner...

Ouch.  So is Cowan still in the playoffs  :mrgreen:

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2011, 02:43:28 AM »
Nope. Spokane was eliminated tonight.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don’t need it"

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2011, 09:52:19 AM »
No word on Wiercioch as of yet.  I'll keep you updated as I find stuff out.  Bingo is on the COWEN watch now.   ;)

Here are a couple pictures from last nights game from the local newspaper that pretty much says it all. 

BTW:  I believe Daugavins wins the best "Tom Selleck" moustache award.   :nod:    :laugh2:

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2011, 12:42:02 PM »
That 1st goal (maybe 2nd) by Daugavins was nothing short of Gorgeous.  I've seen the move in shootouts, but never in regular game action. Not only was it a beauty, he had little time to think about what he was going to do which makes it even more MAJOR LEAGUE.

Can't wait for tonight.  The Pirates are walking the plank  :happy dance:
“Being politically correct....not my forte”

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 03, 2011, 01:32:48 PM »
Looks like Wiercioch is a game time decision.  :icon_banghead:  Well like I've said before, they seem to do better when under-maned. 

Dags, did you happen to hear the "It's a Pirate's Life for Me" song playing as Portland came out after intermission?  Hilarious!!  I sit behind the visitor bench and there was a lot of eye rolling going on when they played that.   :nod:   :laugh2:  Also, they play "Rockin' Robin" whenever Lehner makes a great save.  Yes, playoffs are a fun time indeed. 

Offline FBK

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2011, 06:46:55 AM »
1 more game to win come on guys!
RAP AND HIP-HOP FOR LIFE

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 04, 2011, 08:44:58 AM »
OUCH that was a tough one and man did it sting! 

I could say it was the fact that we are down to TWO (2) that's right 2 original defensemen.   :icon_banghead:  I could say it was the inexperience of some players (defense, Lehner) and all that would be true.  However, the offense stunk so bad I could smell them all the way to my house 20 miles away.   :icon_angry2:  They looked like they just didn't give a damn and Kleinendorst called it an embarrassment after the game.  (I'll say)  He usually says he wants the guys to forget wins and losses when their heads hit their pillows at night but he said he WANTS them to remember this one and remember it well. 

One highlight of the game was as the Sens were skating off the ice at the end of the game, the crowd stood up and chanted "GO SENS GO" to show our support.  By all reports, that was greatly appreciated by the players/coaches. 

I haven't lost hope yet but if we can't get some defense back, we aren't going to last much longer. And some of those guys who were "good enough" to play in Ottawa for half the season better start showing up.  :icon_fryingpan:
Kudos to the team for getting this far, though!

Cowen was at the Arena last night but Kleinendorst said the Ottawa GM hasn't signed him yet and doesn't know if that will happen anytime soon.  REALLY??? Who's head do I have to see on a platter for this one, Murray or Cowen himself??? :paddle:

Offline PiePants

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2011, 01:41:42 PM »
Cowen was at the Arena last night but Kleinendorst said the Ottawa GM hasn't signed him yet and doesn't know if that will happen anytime soon.  REALLY??? Who's head do I have to see on a platter for this one, Murray or Cowen himself??? :paddle:

How is that even possible since Cowen has played a few games for Ottawa last season?

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2011, 07:53:32 PM »
How is that even possible since Cowen has played a few games for Ottawa last season?

Good question.  Not sure what the story is.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2011, 07:24:01 AM »
Good question.  Not sure what the story is.

I read an article in the local paper yesterday about Cowen joining the B-Sens and there was no mention whatsoever that he was unsigned.  Just saying.....
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2011, 10:03:52 AM »
I read an article in the local paper yesterday about Cowen joining the B-Sens and there was no mention whatsoever that he was unsigned.  Just saying.....

Kleinendorst said he is expecting to see him in Portland but hasn't seen him yet.  (Yesterday before leaving Binghamton.) I'm sure if he can make it by Friday to Portland he will. I just tell you guys what I read or hear first hand.  Not sure what the story is with him but truthfully, he isn't going to make or break this team IMO.  He hasn't played with this team and I don't believe he is going to jump in and save the day.  Maybe that's what Kleinendorst is hinting at.  Maybe he wants to see him practice in person before deciding to play him or not.   :smily677:

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2011, 10:27:45 AM »
Your guess ^^ is as good as any!  The impression I got from the article was that the kid was exhausted having played often over 30 minutes / game with his junior team into the second or third round of the playoffs.  But at the end of the day, I simply don't know what the delay is getting him there.  It was not spelled out.   :smily677:
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2011, 01:23:58 PM »
Well no more guessing, Cowen is in Portland and on the ice for practice.  If Kleinendorst thinks he is ready, I'm sure he will play on Friday.  No injured D-man is on the ice practicing today so I'm guessing if he is willing, he will be playing.   :popcorn:  Here's hoping he's as good as most people seem to think he is.  They really need it.

Offline UniCop

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2011, 01:37:00 PM »
Well no more guessing, Cowen is in Portland and on the ice for practice.  If Kleinendorst thinks he is ready, I'm sure he will play on Friday.  No injured D-man is on the ice practicing today so I'm guessing if he is willing, he will be playing.   :popcorn:  Here's hoping he's as good as most people seem to think he is.  They really need it.

Given the injury situation as reported, I don't think they can be that picky :)  They can't hold out for "good" - they just need "alive" :)