Author Topic: Binghamton vs. Pirates - Second round playoffs  (Read 9679 times)

Offline sensfan1984

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Re: Binghamton vs. Pirates - Second round playoffs
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2011, 02:18:14 PM »
Given the injury situation as reported, I don't think they can be that picky :)  They can't hold out for "good" - they just need "alive" :)

Regardless, one bad shift from Cowen and he'll get booed by the Bingo faithful

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2011, 05:36:48 PM »
Regardless, one bad shift from Cowen and he'll get booed by the Bingo faithful

No fears, we'll have to wait until he comes back to "BINGO" since they are playing in Portland. (Guess you're following the series) But I will be sure we have a group to meet them so we can specifically boo him.  Might as well boo him early, get him use to us right?   :icon_fryingpan:   :rolleyes

IMHO until you come to Binghamton, NY and watch a game here, you can't comment on the fans.   :nutkick:

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2011, 08:01:06 AM »
FYI: (May 5, 2011)

"The Binghamton Senators announced today that they have signed defenseman Jared Cowen to an amateur try-out contract. Cowen was the Ottawa Senators' 1st round pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. He is expected to make his B-Sens' debut tomorrow in Game 6."

Offline sensfan1984

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2011, 08:57:14 AM »
No fears, we'll have to wait until he comes back to "BINGO" since they are playing in Portland. (Guess you're following the series) But I will be sure we have a group to meet them so we can specifically boo him.  Might as well boo him early, get him use to us right?   :icon_fryingpan:   :rolleyes

IMHO until you come to Binghamton, NY and watch a game here, you can't comment on the fans.   :nutkick:

Considering the overseas business trips I've been on lately, you are correct I have not been following it (except scoreboard watching). Thanks for the arrogance though  :thumbsup:

As for the Bingo fans, I must say that reading comments on senschirp from them (and other boards) has shown me a side I really dislike. I realize that these are a select few fans, but that's no different than the way people make opinions about any other team without having been to their barn. People hate Toronto fans but how many have been to the ACC for a game?

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2011, 10:24:57 AM »
When I heard on the radio yesterday that Cowen had been signed to an ATO so he could play Friday night, I thought I also heard that the Sens had signed another collegiate player to an ATO as well to help bulk up the depleted ranks in Binghamton.  Maybe I was dreaming (although I hope not since I was driving at the time!)? :sleeping:
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2011, 11:51:11 AM »
People hate Toronto fans but how many have been to the ACC for a game?

Not many considering that most of the seasons tickets are corporate or those lucky enough to wait through the 10-year (figure pulled out of my #@@) list to get a chance to even buy seasons tickets.  I'm not sure but I'd hazard a guess and say that the availablity of "walk-up" tickets are under 500 seats.

Offline sensfan1984

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2011, 12:09:39 PM »
Not many considering that most of the seasons tickets are corporate or those lucky enough to wait through the 10-year (figure pulled out of my #@@) list to get a chance to even buy seasons tickets.  I'm not sure but I'd hazard a guess and say that the availablity of "walk-up" tickets are under 500 seats.
I've even heard of situations where people list the season tickets in their will to pass them down. Amazing when you think about it.

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2011, 12:10:30 PM »
Considering the overseas business trips I've been on lately, you are correct I have not been following it (except scoreboard watching). Thanks for the arrogance though  :thumbsup:

As for the Bingo fans, I must say that reading comments on senschirp from them (and other boards) has shown me a side I really dislike. I realize that these are a select few fans, but that's no different than the way people make opinions about any other team without having been to their barn. People hate Toronto fans but how many have been to the ACC for a game?

To make judgment calls on fans from a select few nasty posters, who post on blogs mostly to get a rise out of people is crazy.  I have seen the leaf fans in Ottawa and they have put a real bad taste in my mouth.  I don’t comment on any other fans unless they are AHL teams.  Again, seen them!  I guess our standing ovation and screams of “Let’s Go Sens” as they left the ice after they crapped the bed last Tuesday doesn’t count?  How about the fact that we had more in attendance on one day of the three games played here then both games put together in Portland? 

If I have offended anyone here by my comments, I apologize. It was never my intention.

I guess I should have listened to my instincts and not come back here during the playoffs.  You know what they say though, live and learn.  That mistake won’t be made again.

Go BINGHAMTON SENATORS, GO!!!!! 

Offline sensfan1984

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2011, 12:24:59 PM »
To make judgment calls on fans from a select few nasty posters, who post on blogs mostly to get a rise out of people is crazy.  I have seen the leaf fans in Ottawa and they have put a real bad taste in my mouth.  I don’t comment on any other fans unless they are AHL teams.  Again, seen them!  I guess our standing ovation and screams of “Let’s Go Sens” as they left the ice after they crapped the bed last Tuesday doesn’t count?  How about the fact that we had more in attendance on one day of the three games played here then both games put together in Portland? 

If I have offended anyone here by my comments, I apologize. It was never my intention.

I guess I should have listened to my instincts and not come back here during the playoffs.  You know what they say though, live and learn.  That mistake won’t be made again.

Go BINGHAMTON SENATORS, GO!!!!! 

Was my post/generalization about Cowen likely getting booed by Binghamton's fans really that bad? I made a comment about him being booed based on the fact that those specific Binghamton fans (I even stated that I was aware it wasn't repesentative of the entire fan base) were constantly negative about every player down there. It really left a sour taste in my mouth and made it frustrating to follow the team. Due to business travels, I could only follow from far. I tried to find info on the performances of Ottawa's key prospects and all I could find were "OMG OMG OMG HE SUCKSSSSSS" type posts.

Based on what I had read, it seemed likely he would get booed for a bad shift.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2011, 12:32:20 PM »

The fact is every team has bad fans who boo every little and/or medium misstep and certainly think, as a fan, that somehow their team/players have to play perfect all the time.  Many of these fans post ridiculous things on various sites and I find myself shaking my head as I read them and, eventually, just stop reading due to the amount of ignorance they typically show.

Gotta say, though, I don't think one can say that you have to attend a game at the ACC to form an opinion of the Toronto fans simply because they are everywhere (although the ACC would be the pinnacle of experiencing it firsthand) and lord knows that you only have to turn on HNIC to see them on your television screen most Saturday nights through the season.  The same goes for the Montreal fans who I personally find more obnoxious on a lot of nights.  Can't say I felt the same way while growing up but the jackasses have really shown themselves over the past couple of decades.   :nod: :nod:  And the internet has only made it easier to be exposed to them.
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline Small Town

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2011, 09:25:48 PM »
Congrats BSens.  Start the third round thread!
 :banana: :ccclapping: :spin:
It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2011, 10:52:32 PM »
who would have thunk it....

B-Sens off to the conference finals.  Hopefully they get some wounded players back, especially on D although Cowen looked like he fit in just fine.  An assist 25 seconds into the game,  :laugh2:
“Being politically correct....not my forte”

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2011, 11:23:04 PM »
I could only listen to the game, but by the sound of it, anytime I heard Cowen's name was when he was getting the puck out of trouble, calmly out of the zone. I don't recall hearing a single giveaway from him.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don’t need it"

Offline FBK

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2011, 02:18:33 AM »
Congratz Bingo!
RAP AND HIP-HOP FOR LIFE

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2011, 02:19:53 AM »
I heard that Lehner got a shutout.  Good for him!  Good rebound from the last loss which he started.  Good job, guys!  :thumbsup:

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2011, 10:41:59 PM »
Congrats BSens.  Start the third round thread!
 :banana: :ccclapping: :spin:

Sadlle up Buckaroos...

The complete schedule for the 2011 Eastern Conference Finals is as follows:

Game 1 – Thu., May 12 – Binghamton at Charlotte, 7:05 p.m.
Game 2 – Fri., May 13 – Binghamton at Charlotte, 7:05 p.m.
 Game 3 – Tue., May 17 – Charlotte at Binghamton, 7:05 p.m.
 Game 4 – Wed., May 18 – Charlotte at Binghamton, 7:05 p.m.
 Game 5 – Sat., May 21 – Charlotte at Binghamton, 7:05 p.m. (if necessary)
 Game 6 – Mon., May 23 – Binghamton at Charlotte, 7:05 p.m. (if necessary)
 Game 7 – Tue., May 24 – Binghamton at Charlotte, 7:05 p.m. (if necessary)

“Being politically correct....not my forte”