Author Topic: Binghamton vs. Checkers - Third round playoffs  (Read 9904 times)

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • MacLean is Really Good!
    • View Profile
Re: Binghamton vs. Checkers - Third round playoffs
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2011, 09:54:24 PM »
 :icon_agree:

Tough times for your family, my condolences.   Glad that you are still able to enjoy the team's success!

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2011, 02:03:40 AM »
So sorry to hear about your loss.  It's got to be tough.  Thoughts and prayers.   :(

Nice to see you 'out and about' again.  You've got to be excited about your team!!   :thumbsup:
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2011, 10:35:32 AM »
Thanks everyone for the condolences.  I appreciate it very much. 

Now on to bigger and better things with the Binghamton Senators.  We have a wedding to attend in Florida the first week in June so I am cheering for the Houston Aero's to win tonight so the finals can start sooner then later.   :laugh2: 

I haven't been this excited since I attended a playoff game against Buffalo in Ottawa a few years ago.   :happy dance:   Wish you could all attend the games too!   :nod:   

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2011, 12:10:40 PM »
I haven't been this excited since I attended a playoff game against Buffalo in Ottawa a few years ago.   :happy dance:   Wish you could all attend the games too!   :nod:   

I'm going to try to get to one of the games.  I have a girl graduating this year, and other "stuff" but hope the timing works out!  Looks like there will be at least one bus with the $90 deal going down, which would be a great way to do it.

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2011, 12:34:23 PM »
  Looks like there will be at least one bus with the $90 deal going down, which would be a great way to do it.

Where is information to be found on said bus? :)

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2011, 12:53:21 PM »
Where is information to be found on said bus? :)

Senschirp site has the info, the did it for the last round and it looks like it will be a go for the finals as well.  No specifics yet since the other semi has to finish and the schedule is not out yet.   

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2011, 01:24:56 PM »
I'm going to try to get to one of the games.  I have a girl graduating this year, and other "stuff" but hope the timing works out!  Looks like there will be at least one bus with the $90 deal going down, which would be a great way to do it.

Congrats on you daughter graduating. What is her degree in or is it a high school graduation?  I am heading north for my daughters graduation today.  She is getting her Masters in Education/Biology.  Next weekend my son is getting married.  I told him I hoped there wouldn't be a playoff game that day as it would be a tough choice to make......wedding or hockey, wedding or hockey! :mrgreen:

Offline butterfly_style

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The Puck Stops Here
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2011, 01:41:18 PM »
. . . .as it would be a tough choice to make......wedding or hockey, wedding or hockey! :mrgreen:
No choice really.
I'm sure he'd understand if you missed his wedding

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2011, 01:42:24 PM »
Senschirp site has the info, the did it for the last round and it looks like it will be a go for the finals as well.  No specifics yet since the other semi has to finish and the schedule is not out yet.   

The 3rd round trip was cancelled (and refunded) because the Sens refused to cooperate and lose at least one game to allow the trip to happen tomorrow.  :laugh2:
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2011, 01:48:02 PM »
Congrats on you daughter graduating. What is her degree in or is it a high school graduation?  I am heading north for my daughters graduation today.  She is getting her Masters in Education/Biology.  Next weekend my son is getting married.  I told him I hoped there wouldn't be a playoff game that day as it would be a tough choice to make......wedding or hockey, wedding or hockey! :mrgreen:

My, my, my...aren't you the busy little bee!!! 

Congrats to both your kids on their "graduations"....your daughter academically and your son 'romantically'!   ;)  You must be one proud Mom!!   :nod:

Our daughter is receiving her degree June 1st from Trent with her English/History degree and she will be attending Queen's next year to complete her education degree.  The four years for her undergrad just flew by!!

Enjoy everything....grads, weddings and hockey!!! :ccclapping:
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline stone169

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2011, 02:30:59 PM »
I just might try to go on that trip and drag my kid with me.
There are good coaches and there are bad coaches, the real question is "Do you want this person to be a role model to your kids for the next 6 months".  That's the question you have to ask yourself.

Go Sarnia Jr. Sting Minor Midget MD!!!!!

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2011, 02:48:17 PM »

Function room at the rink?  Rest 4 skyboxes for the wedding? :mrgreen:   My daughter is graduating from High School, so university is next. Smart kid that works hard with a 90+ average and taking mainly sciences and maths. 

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2011, 03:26:29 PM »
Smart kid that works hard with a 90+ average and taking mainly sciences and maths. 

Takes after her mother then?

:kidding:

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2011, 03:38:43 PM »
Takes after her mother then?

:kidding:

Yup, no denying that here.  Sure gets her focus from Mom!

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2011, 06:50:20 PM »
My, my, my...aren't you the busy little bee!!! 

Congrats to both your kids on their "graduations"....your daughter academically and your son 'romantically'!   ;)  You must be one proud Mom!!   :nod:

Our daughter is receiving her degree June 1st from Trent with her English/History degree and she will be attending Queen's next year to complete her education degree.  The four years for her undergrad just flew by!!

Enjoy everything....grads, weddings and hockey!!! :ccclapping:

Thanks, it's going to be a very busy next few months (more weddings on the way) but I am more then happy to make time for more hockey.  Can't believe they have gotten this far, especially with no playoffs for what 6 years? 

I heard Derek Smith took to the ice today for the first time since getting knocked out of the game in the first round. I also heard the team cheered as he did so.  It's pretty awesome how close this team seems to be.  Can only bode well for Ottawa in the future.  Not sure when Derek will be able to play again, but getting on the ice makes it just one step closer.  Still no sign of Hale though.  I really feel bad for the guy too.