Author Topic: Binghamton VS Houston- Calder Cup Finals  (Read 18204 times)

Offline Sasquatch

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Re: Binghamton VS Houston- Calder Cup Finals
« Reply #140 on: June 09, 2011, 01:14:45 PM »
He seems to have matured somewhat during his run in Bingo
Thats more or less what I was worried about. If he has matured at all.
If so great.

Offline sensfan1984

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 09, 2011, 01:40:21 PM »
Thats more or less what I was worried about. If he has matured at all.
If so great.

The coach seemed to hint that he was quite immature at the start of the year/playoffs, but that he had grown a lot through the run. His quote was something along the lines of a "night and day difference". Here's hoping  :thumbsup:

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 09, 2011, 01:46:34 PM »
I was a little surprised at the low quality of the clips of the series they showed during the Bruins/Nucks game.  It was pretty poor for that level of hockey. 
Proud member of the P.P.A. since 2008.

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • MacLean is Really Good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 09, 2011, 01:53:59 PM »
Ya thats a pretty good move on his part... Ill agree with you there.

however in regards to him staying in Bingo..
I have to worry that he would not be happy there. Although that shouldnt count for anything I kind of worry about this kid sometimes that way he responds to the media. Maybe Im completely off but I would hope that keeping him down another year wouldnt cause him wanting to bolt when it comes to contract time....

If that's an issue, better to work it out in Bingo.  IMHO, the Sens got in to a mess trying to keep people happy and bending on to  things they shouldn't have and its taken a few years to start straightening it out.

Lehner being only 19 needs the time in Bingo, even if he thinks otherwise.    I don't think he would be good as a backup.  In spot starts he is ok, but really shines with lots of starts.  Before becoming a backup, he needs to play 50+ games at a pro level and find the consistency to step in as a back-up.

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 09, 2011, 02:50:23 PM »
I was a little surprised at the low quality of the clips of the series they showed during the Bruins/Nucks game.  It was pretty poor for that level of hockey. 

The video quality in the AHL is indeed very poor. Most OHL games I've watched are better quality and often better produced than what I've been able to watch this year from the AHL.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 09, 2011, 03:10:07 PM »
The video quality in the AHL is indeed very poor. Most OHL games I've watched are better quality and often better produced than what I've been able to watch this year from the AHL.

Totally agree with you on that!  OHL is way better!
Proud member of the P.P.A. since 2008.

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 09, 2011, 09:38:54 PM »

What I don't get is that Houston uses an NBA venue, so the set-up is all there.   

Offline Special J

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
"Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true." - Homer Simpson

Offline UniCop

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 11, 2011, 03:34:24 PM »
What I don't get is that Houston uses an NBA venue, so the set-up is all there.  

The arena probably doesn't own the cameras.  They have to use whatever Comcast had.

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 11, 2011, 04:57:52 PM »
The arena probably doesn't own the cameras.  They have to use whatever Comcast had.

Looks like they used a handycam from someone's trunk.  The NBA and AHL are the two main tenants, hard to believe they can't get use of decent cameras.

Offline UniCop

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 12, 2011, 09:27:09 AM »
Looks like they used a handycam from someone's trunk.  The NBA and AHL are the two main tenants, hard to believe they can't get use of decent cameras.

Once again - the networks bring the cameras...not the arena....If Comcast wanted the HD cameras from a major network, I'm guessing they wouldn't come cheap - and probably not cost effective for the broadcast audience.

Just a hunch on my part, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Aero's tv audience is just a tad smaller then that of the Rockets.

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 12, 2011, 09:32:44 AM »
Once again - the networks bring the cameras...not the arena....If Comcast wanted the HD cameras from a major network, I'm guessing they wouldn't come cheap - and probably not cost effective for the broadcast audience.

Just a hunch on my part, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Aero's tv audience is just a tad smaller then that of the Rockets.

But there are good camera stations for site lines, and proper tv lighting in the venue.  It's hard to believe that any broadcaster couldn't get a better quality picture than a rec men's tournament.

Offline UniCop

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 12, 2011, 12:18:45 PM »
But there are good camera stations for site lines, and proper tv lighting in the venue.  It's hard to believe that any broadcaster couldn't get a better quality picture than a rec men's tournament.

Sitelines and lighting don't matter if you're using a shit camera.

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 12, 2011, 01:27:40 PM »
Sitelines and lighting don't matter if you're using a shit camera.

Get that Sh*t closer to the ice at least!!  :mrgreen:  Anyway, still appreciate getting it at all.

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 14, 2011, 10:12:15 AM »
Just got home from vacation and the town is still buzzing from the win and parade. I heard there was a large crowd for the parade and the team (players, staff and coach) enjoyed the parade and event that followed at the arena very much.  Wish I could have been there but I had already postponed the vacation to watch the home games.  I tried to tape the game but it wasn't listed and I forgot it was a different time zone.  I missed the last half hour of it.   :icon_banghead:  Nothing much happened then did it?   ;)

Offline UniCop

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 14, 2011, 08:44:25 PM »
Don't miss the banner raising next season......if the roof was coming off during the playoffs, they'll definitly need a roofer the day after the banner goes up :)

Offline Sasquatch

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 16, 2011, 10:34:29 AM »

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2011, 10:54:06 AM »
^^^ They were ready to do battle weren't they!   :paddle: :happy dance: :happy dance:

Offline Sasquatch

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 16, 2011, 02:39:12 PM »
ya I meant to do a new Banner for the site but I forgot...
Kind of late now.

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 14, 2011, 01:18:23 PM »
Just one more post with highlights (few anyway) of all the playoff games and final win.  Then a speech by Tom Mitchell at the AHL annual meeting. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r96ynEk8CuU

Got to love Tom Mitchell's optimism at the end of his speech.   :thumbsup:  I still smile when I see them all "jump" Lehner.   :banana: