Author Topic: Binghamton VS Houston- Calder Cup Finals  (Read 19753 times)

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Re: Binghamton VS Houston- Calder Cup Finals
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2011, 08:23:18 AM »
So you feel better about being wrong?

Koho couldn't have been in a better position to call that one if he had actually been inside the net.

Oh, and Bingo...popcorn is for eating - not throwing.

Thanks for the lecture, now I REALLY feel better.       (I don't think I need  :sarcasm1 here either)

The refs did do an AWESOME job..... missing calls.   :icon_fryingpan:   :suspicious

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2011, 08:53:15 AM »
Sorry, had more to say but had to take a call at work.  Damn, work always gets in the way of important things like posting here, doesn't it?

I just want people here (and everywhere really) to know that throwing things on the ice isn't something seasoned Bingo fans do.  Not once during the season when true fans of the Senators were in attendance, did things get thrown.  We yell, scream, boo the other team (and yes sometimes certain people boo the goalies) but we don't throw things at the refs. (Even if we really want to)  I had someone sit next to us who hasn't been to a game since 2000.   :shock:  A lot of the people there were the same type who still think hockey is like it was during the "Slap Shot" era.  Heck back then, they use to throw chairs on the ice.  I was embarrassed by the throwing of objects but on the other hand, hockey is a passionate game as you well know, and sometimes emotions get the best of us. 

From where we sat, pretty darn close to the net, it looked like that one shot and the next one at the end of the game, was in.  Kurt Kleinendorst said he trust the ref (what else is he going to say) and Keller said it was too close to call.  Either way, doesn't matter now.  I was more upset after the game about all the missed calls and what seemed to us, calls going in favor of the Aeros.  Sh*t happens and Friday is a new game.  Heck, remember how they came back when being down 3-1 in the first round to win it all?  I won't give up until the fat lady sings, and I ain't singing yet, people.    :happy dance:

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • MacLean is Really Good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2011, 10:57:25 AM »
That was a tough one.  I was coaching soccer and could only watch the 3rd period after the game,and it was intense. So many great scoring chances for Bingo in the last 4 minutes.   With the SD broadcast and without the benefit of different camera angles, etc. I couldn't see for sure if one of the goals should have counted or not.

If the B-Sens win the Calder, I wonder if they will set a record fore winning while giving up the most shots on net.  B-Sens carried the play in the 2rd but Lehner had to make some outstanding saves.

Offline UniCop

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2011, 01:18:27 PM »
Thanks for the lecture, now I REALLY feel better.       (I don't think I need  :sarcasm1 here either)

The refs did do an AWESOME job..... missing calls.   :icon_fryingpan:   :suspicious

A human game policed by humans.....being judged by even more biased humans.

Did Koho and Banfield do a great job?  No.  Did Koho blow that goal call? Absoloutly not.

And yes, I am a referee so I do have a prespective from both sides  of the fence.  If it was that easy a job to do, all of those referees in the stands would have paying jobs.

[/quote]

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2011, 04:56:16 PM »
A human game policed by humans.....being judged by even more biased humans.

Did Koho and Banfield do a great job?  No.  Did Koho blow that goal call? Absoloutly not.

And yes, I am a referee so I do have a prespective from both sides  of the fence.  If it was that easy a job to do, all of those referees in the stands would have paying jobs.

Seems funny you are so sure that the call was  good when even people who work for the AHL said without an over head shot, NO ONE can be certain as to if it was a correct call or not.  But I guess we are all wrong because you use to be a ref so you must be right.    :icon_fryingpan:

What the heck is your problem with me and/or Binghamton in general????  Seems like you have a big bug up your butt.   Chill dude.  It's not like people in Ottawa haven't complained about bad officiating.  Jeesh!!!

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2011, 06:47:14 PM »
I didn't get to see the 3rd period.  My DVR had two timers set and switched away from the game that I had paused to take care of something at work...  :icon_angry2:

I still like what I saw in the two periods I did watch.  B-sens will come back and win tomorrow night!
“Being politically correct....not my forte”

Offline UniCop

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2011, 07:20:18 PM »
Seems funny you are so sure that the call was  good when even people who work for the AHL said without an over head shot, NO ONE can be certain as to if it was a correct call or not.  But I guess we are all wrong because you use to be a ref so you must be right.    :icon_fryingpan:

All I'm saying is that the person with the BEST view in the building was the guy who made the call.  The first shot was off both posts and out, and then Koho was in PERFECT position to make the followup call, whatever it was....in MUCH better position than the 4000 other "referees" in the building.  My experiences tells me that if you're in the right spot, 99.99999% of the time you're going to nail that call......so if it comes down to believeing the only guy on the ice poaid to get that call right, and the 4000 other people who paid to see one team win, I know where my money is going.....

Fact is, Bingo sleptwalked through the first 57 minutes.  If they showed half the heart they displayed in the last 3 minutes at any other point in the game, the outcome wouldn't have come down to a couple of close calls.  Trying to pin that loss on Koho and Banfield is nothing but a cop-out.

Hopefully, it was just home-ice jitters and Bingo can keep the late period momentum going into game 4....will make for a much more entertaining game and a much better result for the "good guys in white."

What the heck is your problem with me and/or Binghamton in general????  Seems like you have a big bug up your butt.   Chill dude.  It's not like people in Ottawa haven't complained about bad officiating.  Jeesh!!!

Tough to explain if you've never done the job, but to hear people complain about a call that, in your own words, the AHL doesn't even know what it was, and to say it with such certainty as if Koho just rolled in off the short bus, kinda gets the hackles up.  When two people with strong opinions butt heads, it tends not to be pretty   :thumbsup:

And of course Ottawa fans complain about the officiating and, 99% of the time, they have no friggin clue what they're talking about either :)

« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 07:24:30 PM by UniCop »

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2011, 01:38:59 AM »
I didn't get to see the 3rd period.  My DVR had two timers set and switched away from the game that I had paused to take care of something at work...  :icon_angry2:

I still like what I saw in the two periods I did watch.  B-sens will come back and win tomorrow night!

Ouch - the last 4 minutes were very good. I noticed that on Rogers the scheduled game time stopped at 9 pm, so I set it to record the time slot after the game to.  I've been caught a few times like that and missed OTs.

Offline Dagwood

• SITE PHILOSOPHER
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2011, 11:24:03 AM »
Ouch - the last 4 minutes were very good. I noticed that on Rogers the scheduled game time stopped at 9 pm, so I set it to record the time slot after the game to.  I've been caught a few times like that and missed OTs.
Ya I do that as well, in this case I had the game paused...but then two timers set to record two other shows at the same time kicked in and hijacked my paused game.  Since I didn't record it...I can't go back.  Won't happen tonight,  :laugh2:
“Being politically correct....not my forte”

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2011, 07:30:31 PM »
Ya I do that as well, in this case I had the game paused...but then two timers set to record two other shows at the same time kicked in and hijacked my paused game.  Since I didn't record it...I can't go back.  Won't happen tonight,  :laugh2:

I would be nice if Rogers actually used 1990s technology to.  I love the "record to VCR" option in the menu.   :mrgreen:

... And 1-0 B-Sens... Greening with a sweet backhand wrap around goal.  Made good use of his long reach.

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2011, 07:43:21 PM »
....  2-0 B-Sens... Corey Locke in the backdoor on a 5 on 3.  Clear high stick to give the 5 on 3 to.    Sens the much better team in the first period, way better wheels.  Can't go down 3-1 against a good D team like Houston.

Offline UniCop

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2011, 07:49:49 PM »
Exactly what they needed to do...carry over the mo from the third of game 3....

And when did Mike Hoffman become a grinder?  Wasn't he prolific scorer in junior?  Not that I'm complaining....kid is a guided missle out ther.

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2011, 08:35:43 PM »
KK did a nice job shaking up the lines, good timing to keep it fresh.  Saw him interviewed between periods - sure like the way he carries himself.

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2011, 08:55:30 PM »
House is rockin'. Great game so far. Now this is the team I remember. Great to see some fans from Ottawa here too.

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2011, 11:04:52 PM »
House is rockin'. Great game so far. Now this is the team I remember. Great to see some fans from Ottawa here too.

There will be a bus or two from Ottawa down for tomorrow nights game as well.  Nice to see the speed back in full force.  I am expecting a big push back from Houston tomorrow.  They are legit and it should be a great game.  I hear that there is another game tomorrow somewhere, but whatever.  :mrgreen:

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2011, 11:29:10 PM »
Awesome game tonight.  Crowd outside after the game was every bit as loud as the crowd was inside.  I saw some of the game I DVD and the noise level on the TV doesn't even begin to sound like it really does in the arena.  My ears are still ringing.  No kidding.   :ccclapping:

Thrilled to see Basser get a goal tonight.  What a grinder he has turned out to be.  Kleinendorst has to be pretty happy with what he saw tonight.   :nod:

Is anyone from here heading to Binghamton tomorrow?   

2 more wins and they BRING HOME THE CUP!   :happy dance:  :happy dance:  :happy dance:  :happy dance:

GO SENS GO

Offline OS

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2011, 12:26:02 AM »
I was checking in to tickets earlier but by the time I did all that was left were singles. A good problem for the team to have.

A trip would have meant a meander to the Waterloo Outlet mall so I saved a bundle!

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2011, 03:39:34 AM »
KK did a nice job shaking up the lines, good timing to keep it fresh.  Saw him interviewed between periods - sure like the way he carries himself.

:icon_agree:  I was thinking the same thing about the shake-up of the lines.  Certainly seemed to make a difference.  And I have been impressed with KK all season whenever I heard him interviewed on the Team 1200.   :nod:
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2011, 09:41:49 AM »
:icon_agree:  I was thinking the same thing about the shake-up of the lines.  Certainly seemed to make a difference.  And I have been impressed with KK all season whenever I heard him interviewed on the Team 1200.   :nod:

He seems to be a very impressive coach.  Most of the credit with how this team is doing goes to him.  He seems to have a very good repore with the youngsters.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2011, 09:51:26 AM »
He seems to be a very impressive coach.  Most of the credit with how this team is doing goes to him.  He seems to have a very good repore with the youngsters.

Yep...and he seems to really know what he can get out of his players. 

BTW.....watched for you last night while watching the game but don't think I saw you!  Seemed like a rocking place to be!
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith