Author Topic: Assistant Steve Stirling in hospital  (Read 2065 times)

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Assistant Steve Stirling in hospital
« on: June 05, 2011, 10:17:51 PM »
BINGHAMTON SENATORS STATEMENT ON ASSISTANT COACH STEVE STIRLING

BINGHAMTON, N.Y. The Binghamton Senators have issued the following statement regarding assistant coach Steve Stirling:

Binghamton Senators assistant coach Steve Stirling experienced chest pains while at the Broome County Veterans Memorial this afternoon. Coach Stirling was then taken to UHS Wilson Medical Center in Johnson City where he underwent successful quadruple bypass surgery and is now resting comfortably.

Coach Stirling will not travel with the team to Houston for their remaining games in the 2011 American Hockey League Calder Cup Finals.

The Binghamton Senators organization asks the fans and the community for their thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for Coach Stirling.

Get well soon Coach. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. 

Come on B-Sens, let's win this one for Steve.   

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Assistant Steve Stirling in hospital
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 10:25:07 PM »
Major League II anyone?  :bag:
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you dont need it"

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 08:14:17 AM »
Major League II anyone?  :bag:

I have to admit, I thought the same thing.

Offline playertobenamedlater

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 12:44:21 PM »
I didn't see Major League II, so based on your history of well played references, I'll give you a  :icon_bowdown2: and assume it was a good one.

Sounds likea mild heart attack, or a bout of angina.Neither is a desireable situation, but I'm glad he was around the team when it happened and he got immediate attention. Speedy recovery!
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 09:34:41 PM »
I didn't see Major League II, so based on your history of well played references, I'll give you a  :icon_bowdown2: and assume it was a good one.

Sounds likea mild heart attack, or a bout of angina.Neither is a desireable situation, but I'm glad he was around the team when it happened and he got immediate attention. Speedy recovery!
. I wouldn't call a quadruple by-pass a minor issue. However I too wish him a speedy recovery

Offline playertobenamedlater

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 09:22:33 AM »
. I wouldn't call a quadruple by-pass a minor issue. However I too wish him a speedy recovery

It didn't sound that serious at first. Either way, it was still a fairly mild heart attack, since he was admitted with chest pains, and was conscious at the time. Considering he could have had a massive heart attack at home or in a hotel room and died, it's mild enough... Either way, I'm glad to hear that he got the medical attention that he needed, and is on his way to recovery.
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 10:16:04 AM »
It didn't sound that serious at first. Either way, it was still a fairly mild heart attack, since he was admitted with chest pains, and was conscious at the time. Considering he could have had a massive heart attack at home or in a hotel room and died, it's mild enough... Either way, I'm glad to hear that he got the medical attention that he needed, and is on his way to recovery.

:smily677: