Author Topic: price of gas  (Read 3270 times)

Offline work2play

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
    • Petition Spot - CBC is for all Canadians
Re: price of gas
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2012, 12:14:18 PM »

:icon_agree:   Actually the smartest thing you can do if your close enough to work, like I am!
I live 8.3 kilometers from work, so I should be able to manage that.  The hard part is finding bicycles made in Canada.  Last time I bought a bike CCM's were still built in Weston, Ontario. 
Lost your job yet?  Keep buying foreign!

Offline playertobenamedlater

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2012, 07:27:26 PM »
When the prices were recently climbing in spite of the price of oil going down, we were told that it was because the price of oil future stock was going up. Now, both ar egoing down, and the price at the pump is still going up.
And we all know, no level of government will do anything about it, because they make too much money off the taxes.
I guess we'll all have to start using electric cars.. oh wait a minute.... Dalton announced yet another hike in hydro rates today, set to kick in May 1. DIdn't even give us one pay period's worth of notice to adjust the household budget. Good on the NDP to fight the good fight on removing taxes from hydro bills... for about 3 seconds. Way to keep that campaign promise, NDP!

A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Offline BlindDruid

• Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2012, 02:35:39 PM »
The price of oil is quickly on its way down. It is at a 2 year low.  I dont see the prices at the pumps following suit.  Somebody is making a lot of money.   :icon_angry2: :icon_angry2: :icon_angry2:
Time passes, things change, the Sens WILL WIN the CUP. 
edit -  Hopefully within my lifetime.......

Offline CrustyOldGuy

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2012, 03:18:32 PM »
But the executives stock portfolios are also taking a pounding, so they need to prop them up with the bonuses they get from the massive profits... :shake:
Now that I am older, I thought it was great that I seemed to have more patience.  Turns out I just don't give a damn.

I don't have an attitude...I have a personality you can't handle!

Offline Sasquatch

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2012, 09:14:25 AM »
^^ Meanwhile the Government is pushing 2 Budget Bills, both with radical changes to our environmental laws, which will make life easier for oil companies....

:shake: