Author Topic: Kleinendorst Resigns  (Read 2609 times)

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Kleinendorst Resigns
« on: May 08, 2012, 12:31:04 PM »
And I mean "resigns" as in "quits".  Heard the news this morning with little else other than the fact that he has handed in his resignation. 

Possibly a job offer?  Don't think he speaks French, so it likely isn't to Montreal.

Thoughts?  I think this is a big loss for the organization.
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline UniCop

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
Re: Kleinendorst Resigns
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 02:34:41 PM »
He didn't "quit" per se, he just refused to renew his contract beyond its expiry in June.

Who'd blame him?  Nobody aspires to be a minor league coach all their life.  He saw the writing on the wall...there's no room for him at the top level in this organization and he wants to persue other opportunities....whether he already has one is up for speculation...

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 02:56:48 PM »
I'm with UniCop there. With MacLean in charge, he won't make it to the big club, and so will look elsewhere where there's a chance to graduate to the NHL.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

Offline NorthByNorthwest

• Sensnet Advisors
  • NHL Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sensnetwork.com

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 04:58:15 PM »
^^Thanks for posting that!  I really liked Kleinendorst and I wish him well.  He's seem like a really good, upfront, level-headed kind of guy.  Hopefully he will continue with his coaching career and be extremely successful!

"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 11:12:29 AM »
Luke Richardson to be officially announced as the new head coach of the Binghamton Senators today. :thumbsup:

Offline FV

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 11:43:44 AM »
That's great news!   :)
Proud member of the P.P.A. since 2008.

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 12:03:41 PM »

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 03:24:11 PM »
The news conference was just held to confirm the head coaching position with the Bingo assistants retaining their positions (Stirling and I can't think of the other one's name) which likely makes sense and with Richardson going back and forth from Ottawa to Binghamton over the past couple of seasons he likely already has a decent relationship with them. 

His daughter graduates from high school here in Ottawa this year and  has accepted a hockey scholarship to Cornell for the fall.  The move comes at a good time for the family as she embarks on her post-secondary schooling and he embarks on his head coaching career (other than his daughter's current team!).

Good luck, Luke!! :thumbsup:

Offline classmate

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 11:00:21 PM »
The news conference was just held to confirm the head coaching position with the Bingo assistants retaining their positions (Stirling and I can't think of the other one's name) which likely makes sense and with Richardson going back and forth from Ottawa to Binghamton over the past couple of seasons he likely already has a decent relationship with them. 

His daughter graduates from high school here in Ottawa this year and  has accepted a hockey scholarship to Cornell for the fall.  The move comes at a good time for the family as she embarks on her post-secondary schooling and he embarks on his head coaching career (other than his daughter's current team!).

Good luck, Luke!! :thumbsup:

And Cornell is only an hour away from Binghamton.