Author Topic: The Big Rig Brewery  (Read 2640 times)

Offline shadow613

• NHL Rookie
    • View Profile
The Big Rig Brewery
« on: June 13, 2012, 01:38:12 AM »
Was there for Tuesday's opening. Great restaurant...Very good food and excellent beer brewed onsite! Chris Phillips was walking around talking to people :-) Good chance we'll see him there quite often in the off season. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Give it a try!
http://bigrigbrew.com

« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 01:44:12 AM by shadow613 »

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Big Rig Brewery
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 01:43:33 PM »
It's a 2 minute drive from where I live, and I certainly intend to give it a try in the near future.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 12:57:10 PM »
It's a fair distance from where I live but my bus crosses Iris on the way home so someday I might hop off and catch one down to this place.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 03:43:17 PM »
Yep...we'll be going soon as will all my kids and their friends.  The beer drinkers in our family/friends are really keen.  It's about a 10-15 minute drive from our house.
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline playertobenamedlater

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 10:16:56 PM »
Too bad about the fire so soon after the opening... I'll definitely stop by to check it out.
A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Offline Rickman

• Future Hall of Famer
  • True Sens Fan (not one of those bandwagon jumpers)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 10:18:26 AM »
I liked it, but no more than that!

If it wasn't for Phillips name on it, I can honestly say I probably won't go back.
What is really cool though, is you can actually walk out of there with a 6 pack of Beer!  :sportsfan:

Offline Hockeysponge

• Future Hall of Famer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 12:40:01 PM »
Went there for my birthday recnetly with 16 or so others.  Service was reasonalbly good although one of my guests waited 45 minutes for a beer then had to ask again.   Food was so so, some really liked what they had, others not so much.  In particular I had the #4 burger which seemed to be a burger with toasted Rye Bread as the bun, however there were two slices on top and two on bottom with some sort of stuff in between.   Flavor was ok, but almost impossible to eat because it was a good six inches high with all the bread and it was crusty so couldn't be squished down.

The beer on the other hand was really good.  Had the in house pale...

All in all I'd go again and try something different on the menu but if I never made it back it wouldn't be the biggest dissapointment ever.  loved the feel of the place as well. 

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 03:14:50 PM »
I've been for lunch and was impressed with both the service and the decor not to mention the beer (and I'm not normally a beer drinker but since I could get samples and pick what I wanted, that worked for me).  Loved their onion rings!  We were there on a Monday afternoon at 1:30 and the place was more than half full.

My son was there last Monday and it was packed!  He was with a party of 13 and everyone had steaks or filets....everyone was happy with their meals.  Of course, they had reservations or they would have had to go elsewhere.  So it seems like they are still getting plenty of traffic through.

We are planning to go back for dinner in the not-too-distant future with friends.
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline Rickman

• Future Hall of Famer
  • True Sens Fan (not one of those bandwagon jumpers)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 12:20:00 PM »
I liked it, but no more than that!

If it wasn't for Phillips name on it, I can honestly say I probably won't go back.

Well to quote myself, I did go back again, and again it was just ok!  :smily677:

Offline Billy_Muckwalt

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 07:54:19 PM »
I went back again too, it's a decent place. Since I have been brewing beer myself for close to 20 years, I support the local brew pubs. My only let down was my first time there, they were out of IPA!!!  As far as the service, it's fine for todays standards.  The menu maybe a bit too large for them though. Its massive, and must be a pain in the behind to manage in the kitchen when its busy.   
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 07:56:35 PM by Billy_Muckwalt »
Luongo sucks.

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 09:51:08 PM »
I don't think it's time for this at all but they should watch Bar Rescue.  John Taffer is an a$$hole but he gets it done and almost every episode I watch when they redo the kitchen they ALWAYS shrink the menu.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 03:27:53 AM »
I went back again too, it's a decent place. Since I have been brewing beer myself for close to 20 years, I support the local brew pubs. My only let down was my first time there, they were out of IPA!!!  As far as the service, it's fine for todays standards.  The menu maybe a bit too large for them though. Its massive, and must be a pain in the behind to manage in the kitchen when its busy.   

:icon_agree: I've been in better places, I've been in worse.  Growing pains likely being experienced and they will sort them out.  Any time I, or anyone from my family, has been there, their beer is selling like crazy from the take-out bar!  I want to see it succeed for Philips' sake as much as anything...he speaks with such enthusiasm about it.  Good luck to him!

Offline momr

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 01:35:47 PM »
Ha - I dont even know where his place is - don't drink beer so I likely never will go but the poor guy needs the money  ;)

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/senators-defenceman-chris-phillips-sues-former-agent/article4541403/

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2012, 04:39:01 AM »
I have to wonder how many other clients McAlpine ripped off?  And good luck getting money out of that rock....working as a fireman and in an auto detailing shop now?  Sounds like the "investment" business was not in his wheelhouse for sure.   :shake: