Author Topic: Possible labor dispute this fall  (Read 6590 times)

Offline thirstymoose_2000

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • There's Always 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Possible labor dispute this fall
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2013, 02:13:45 PM »
Just out of curiosity I looked at a few different forums and did a few searches on Twitter. I think that both the NHL and PA are going to be in for a rude awakening after this lockout.

During the last lockout, there were pages and pages of debate on various forums, people were passionate and took sides, people wanted hockey back desperately and it was the focus of conversation at the rink.

This time, almost nobody is talking about it. Online or at the rink. I just spent a four days at the Bell Capital Cup and it didn't come up as part of conversation - NOT ONCE! It was all about the minor hockey, the World Juniors, the 67's and the Spengler Cup.

When I asked a few people I always got the same basic answer that went something like, "I could care less."
2011-2012 Season of the Young Guns!

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2013, 12:58:52 AM »
It's gonna be interesting for sure. I don't think the Canadian markets will be affected much, but a few southern ones will be in the red for a while.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2013, 05:41:58 AM »
GAME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

Offline BlindDruid

• Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2013, 12:23:20 PM »
Training camps may be started by this Wednesday and the first puck could drop as early as Jan 14. 
Time passes, things change, the Sens WILL WIN the CUP. 
edit -  Hopefully within my lifetime.......

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2013, 01:47:19 PM »
Hey Metal!!  You working for TSN now?   ;)
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2013, 02:39:13 PM »
Hey Metal!!  You working for TSN now?   ;)

Of course. I'm one of the on-air personalities posting here incognito.  :smily1263:

Offline momr

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2013, 11:31:57 AM »
I am happy that hockey is back.  Not so much for me - although I did fear I'd have to watch Idol this winter for a lack of a better option.  But for the bar owners, restaurant owners, concession workers .  The 'real' people who were hurt during this lockout.  I'm happy for them.

But be happy that billionaires settled with millionaires?  Why would I care?  It wasn't about me.  It never was. 

Hockey is nothing more than an entertainment business today.  And if you choose it for your form of entertainment than you have to accept the business stuff too.  Its a package deal.

Over the past few years I have become more and more apathetic about the game.  The long trek out to SBP was becoming a chore - I really wasn't enjoying it anymore.  So I gave up the season tickets after almost 20 years.  So I wasnt going back to SBP anyway - lockout or not.  Nothing has changed for me.

But for those fanatics who have decided to boycott due to some romanticized idea that the lockout was somehow personal - suck it up.  Cause it wasn't about you.  It never will be about you.  You either watch or you dont - because you either enjoy it or you dont.

But I say game on!  Save me from Nicki Minaj and bad movies on Saturday nights!

Offline Billy_Muckwalt

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2013, 10:07:15 PM »
As predicted... a New Years start.

But for those fanatics who have decided to boycott due to some romanticized idea that the lockout was somehow personal - suck it up.  Cause it wasn't about you.  It never will be about you.  You either watch or you dont - because you either enjoy it or you dont.

:icon_agree:
Luongo sucks.

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2013, 12:48:30 AM »
 :icon_agree:

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2013, 07:29:56 PM »
As per Sportsnet, the 98.2% of the players voted Yes. 12 players voting against the new CBA. I think it's safe to say Erik Cole is one of those 12 players.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nhl/story/2013-01-11/erik-cole-montreal-canadiens-nhl-labor-deal-possible-retirement