Author Topic: Joe Paopao to be back...  (Read 5038 times)

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
Joe Paopao to be back...
« on: January 06, 2005, 10:52:07 AM »
...not only as coach, but as GM of the Renegades as well. I can't see this going over well with the fans at all. Everyone was calling for his head at the end of last year. I think what prompted this re-signing is the fact that many free agents weren't gonna sign again if Paopao wasn't back.

That being said, I am not one of those losers who will start saying "I won't go to another game", or "I will stop following the 'Gades if Paopao is back", but I sure will be a lot more critical than I was last year.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

operasen

Joe Paopao to be back...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 11:12:58 AM »
still doesn't fix the front office split after Tillman's duties were changed.  I liked Tillman - good guy, but I guess Watters group didn't.

I believe you are correct with the players/Paupau assessment, but that's not really professional to cave in as a management tactic.  Hire the guy you think is best.....

I am not a Joe fan, and I doubt his ability to recruit.  He has no history of connections to the US college network.  And his son should not be on the team when we could have had a shot at bringing Romero Miller back as Joseph's backup.

Not impressed if it happens.

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Joe Paopao to be back...
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 12:25:17 PM »
You bring up Romaro Miller, but if the guy is so good, why was he cut by Calgary? Freakin' Calgary, the worst team in the CFL last year. The word is the guy has some sort of a learning problem and can't catch offense fast enough.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

Offline thirstymoose_2000

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • There's Always 2012
    • View Profile
Joe Paopao to be back...
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2005, 12:29:40 PM »
Miller did well in the games he replaced Joseph. The word on him is that he's just not all that bright and it's hard for him to learn the book.

Tillman has an unbelievable network and given the room probably could have done a better job than he did. Can't see how Paopao will do both jobs effectively.
2011-2012 Season of the Young Guns!

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Joe Paopao to be back...
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2005, 12:30:57 PM »
Quote from: thirstymoose_2000
Miller did well in the games he replaced Joseph. The word on him is that he's just not all that bright and it's hard for him to learn the book.

Tillman has an unbelievable network and given the room probably could have done a better job than he did. Can't see how Paopao will do both jobs effectively.

If Paopao is GM, he needs a capable assistant-GM who's able to handle the lighter duties.

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Joe Paopao to be back...
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2005, 01:16:30 PM »
Just a thought, but if Paopao is GM, why not hire Tom Higgins as head coach?

operasen

Joe Paopao to be back...
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2005, 02:35:06 PM »
Quote from: Metalhawk
Just a thought, but if Paopao is GM, why not hire Tom Higgins as head coach?

Higgins to Stamps is rumor du jour.

Miller didn't fit the mold Dunnigan wanted (trade was done before Dunnigan hired I think too).  he's nota Casey Printers type.  Miller reminded me a little of Tom Clements

Offline Bonzai

• Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Paopao to be back...
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2005, 02:55:49 PM »
Quote from: Metalhawk
...not only as coach, but as GM of the Renegades as well. I can't see this going over well with the fans at all. Everyone was calling for his head at the end of last year. I think what prompted this re-signing is the fact that many free agents weren't gonna sign again if Paopao wasn't back.

That being said, I am not one of those losers who will start saying "I won't go to another game", or "I will stop following the 'Gades if Paopao is back", but I sure will be a lot more critical than I was last year.

This is just horrible news.  If any coach earned his pink slip it's Paopao.  What do the Gades do, give him more responsiblities...lol

I guess I have another few months to whip him after more disappointing losses....

:evil:  :evil:  :evil:

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • There's Always 2012
    • View Profile
Joe Paopao to be back...
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2005, 08:05:40 PM »
Quote from: operasen
Miller didn't fit the mold Dunnigan wanted (trade was done before Dunnigan hired I think too).  he's nota Casey Printers type.  Miller reminded me a little of Tom Clements

No, Tillman made that trade with Dunnigan and showed him a thing or two I think. ;)

Offline brucegarrioch

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Joe Paopao to be back...
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2005, 10:47:55 PM »
You mean the Renegades haven't folded? Well, this is close enough.

Offline SzuperChicky

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Offcial Coach Clouston Groupie
    • View Profile
Joe Paopao to be back...
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2005, 01:14:32 AM »
Quote from: brucegarrioch
You mean the Renegades haven't folded? Well, this is close enough.

Good luck to the season ticket sales employees...
Game Day & Prediction Threads HERE

Douchebag List:
Dany Heatley, Corey Perry, Bill McCreary, Dave Branch, Ryan Kesler

operasen

Joe Paopao to be back...
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2005, 10:00:48 AM »
Confirmed now - he got both jobs (that's a work load).  Szuper you should enquire about a summer position.  Mind you, if the Gleiberman's come around again, I'll have to arrange a SensNet bodyguard team for you!

Thank you Eric Tillman.  Appreciated the work you did.  Sorry to see you go.  Hope the holes in your back heal quickly.

• Global Moderator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • There's Always 2012
    • View Profile
Joe Paopao to be back...
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2005, 01:55:47 PM »
Quote from: operasen
Thank you Eric Tillman.  Appreciated the work you did.  Sorry to see you go.  Hope the holes in your back heal quickly.

Yes.

One good thing also came out this morning. The team will probably not accept the Gliberman's offer to buy into the club because of negative fam reaction. Everything was looking so promising, all the right things were said and now we're in typical Rough Rider's mode here. Well, not completely we do have some promising young players like Joseph here.

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
Joe Paopao to be back...
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2005, 02:06:55 PM »
Quote from: thirstymoose_2000
The team will probably not accept the Gliberman's offer to buy into the club

YES!!!!!