Author Topic: World Juniors  (Read 4592 times)

Offline BlindDruid

• Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
World Juniors
« on: December 12, 2012, 01:32:14 PM »
So the first tournament game for Canada is on Dec 26 against Germany at 4am EST.  Anyone getting up that early to watch the game?  It also sounds like our Canadian team is quite strong this year and has a great shot at the gold.  Looking forward to the tournament.

Time passes, things change, the Sens WILL WIN the CUP. 
edit -  Hopefully within my lifetime.......

Offline Jasonf6

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • The good 'ol days
    • View Profile
Re: World Juniors
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 01:36:12 PM »
Ya, I don't imagine I'll be getting up at 4 a.m. to watch anything let alone hockey.  I'll just pvr it and watch it whenever I do crawl out of bed.

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
  • Some Heads Are Gonna Roll!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 01:45:50 PM »
So the first tournament game for Canada is on Dec 26 against Germany at 4am EST.  Anyone getting up that early to watch the game?  It also sounds like our Canadian team is quite strong this year and has a great shot at the gold.  Looking forward to the tournament.

Great time for games!!!!! Late evening for me.  :P
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 01:48:02 PM by Metalhawk »
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

Offline Sasquatch

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2012, 03:18:29 PM »
Jason, I just cant PVR games... Its not the same..
That being said, I'll be watching the Juniors via highlights on TSN

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 07:02:19 PM »
Great time for games!!!!! Late evening for me.  :P

I'm usually hitting the hay around 4:00 a.m. but I'll likely just stay up and watch the game(s)!  The final is scheduled on January 5th at the much more civilized time of around 11 a.m. (which I think is about 7 or 8 p.m. Ufa time).  Either way, looking forward to the WJC as usual!   :nod:
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline CrustyOldGuy

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 11:21:10 AM »
I'll just pvr it and watch it whenever I do crawl out of bed.
:icon_agree: I am out of bed around 4:00am, but not to watch TV... :mrgreen:
Now that I am older, I thought it was great that I seemed to have more patience.  Turns out I just don't give a damn.

I don't have an attitude...I have a personality you can't handle!

Offline work2play

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
    • Petition Spot - CBC is for all Canadians
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 04:13:25 PM »
I'll be up at 04:00 to watch them live. 
The hard part will be remembering not to cheer to loud so I don't wake my wife up.
Lost your job yet?  Keep buying foreign!

Offline Rickman

• Future Hall of Famer
  • True Sens Fan (not one of those bandwagon jumpers)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 07:09:22 PM »
Guessing the games will actually start at 4:30 am, so I will sleep in... :A_laughing_matter:
Can't wait!!!!!!! :sportsfan:

Offline work2play

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 01:01:40 PM »
Best part of watching live at 4:30 is not having to avoid the results if you want to watch the rebroadcast  8)

That and can you ever got a lot done around the house when you start your day that early and don't have to go to work.

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 02:26:40 PM »
Beautiful hit by Camara. It appears there won't be any supplemental discipline. The same cannot be said of Lipon's cheap shot.
"A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you donít need it"

Offline work2play

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 11:15:24 PM »
Agree about Camara's hit, shouldn't have even been a penalty.  I'll be surprised if Lipon isn't suspended for at least two games.

Good come back win today, but if they have these lapses against the Russians or American's they'll have a much tougher time pulling out a win.

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 12:41:42 AM »
1 game for Lipon. As expected, nothing for Camara. That was typical IIHF over-reaction to a hard hit.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2012, 12:10:52 PM »
Canada rejigs all their lines pretty much with a full line-up and Boone Jenner ends up with the 'cape' after the game!  4-1 win for Canada against the Russians in a tight performance by both teams!  Canada gets two PP goals in the first due to a hit to the head on Wotherspoon at the end boards and the Russian being ejected and a five minute PP as well!  Canada outshot the hosts 48-22 and Subban stopped a penalty shot awarded in the final 30 seconds (after Canada had scored an empty netter).  Onto the semifinals for Canada against either the USA or the Czechs!

:ccclapping:    :banana:    :ccclapping:
"If you can't make up your mind, 'What the hell' is usually the right answer."  Ellen Reid Smith

Offline BlindDruid

• Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2012, 12:25:56 PM »
The Russians looked completely confused and disorganized in the last few minutes of the game.  I'm sure they were not expecting Canada to shut them down as well as they did.

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 05:21:42 AM »
I feel bad for all the Canadians who got up early to watch this crap. Absolutely no excuse for being this flat.

Spott's obsession with playing Murphy is totally mind-boggling. He should not even be on the team, let alone get top-4 minutes in this game.

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2013, 03:47:06 PM »
I feel bad for all the Canadians who got up early to watch this crap. Absolutely no excuse for being this flat.

Spott's obsession with playing Murphy is totally mind-boggling. He should not even be on the team, let alone get top-4 minutes in this game.

:icon_agree:   And one would think that as his OHL coach, Spott might have some insight on how to get Gibson off his game.  Yep.....a dog of a game from a Canadian fan's perspective, to be sure.

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 01:08:59 AM »
I also think that our expectations might be too high now. 15 years ago, there was only 2 real hockey power, Canada and Russia, with the odd gem from Sweden or Czechoslovakia. Now however, there's 4 real good hockey countries, with a few others capable of pulling off an upset.

That, and Canada hasn't really had a great goalie in years at the WJHC.

Offline BlindDruid

• Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 01:04:16 PM »
I also believe that getting the bye to the semi was not at all helpful.  Getting that extra day could really mess up the mind.  I believe that next year they are getting rid of this format with the bye. 

Offline rose

• Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 01:14:53 PM »
I also believe that getting the bye to the semi was not at all helpful.  Getting that extra day could really mess up the mind.  I believe that next year they are getting rid of this format with the bye. 

Yep....no bye next year with a new format.  However, if the bye teams had trouble advancing over the past few years, one would have hoped that somehow coaches/teams would have figured out how to overcome it.  I am not, however, taking anything away from the American team.  They played a 'pitch perfect' game, IMHO.  They made all the Canadian 'stars'  invisible yesterday.  And, for my money, I was sorry to see that Binnington didn't get the game MVP for Canada.  From my perspective, he was the only Canadian player who played well even though he saw limited action.

Offline Metalhawk

• Head-Bangin'-
  • Administrator
  • Sens Fan Hall of Fame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2013, 09:09:18 AM »
How fitting that it was Murphy that got burned on that last play.